Refund problems

+
Simple fix! Switch to PC? Less bugs and a playable game. Or better yet, maybe CDPR should give those who have Cyberpunk for console a free copy for PC!
It is unplayable for me and my brother and we are on pc. And it looks blurry, hazy, textures not loading, bugs are very much present here too.
pic1.png
pic2.png

I was posting last year (14-15 dec i think) having a digital copy on ps4 , finally got refunded after 4 5 tickets and 3 pushes of the button on sony's page "cyberpunk 2077 refund" , so guys if you are waiting for a refund , check from time to time your balance , they refunded me without any notice , i saw 2-3 people talking about it on reddit and decided to check for myself and i got the refund.

Guest 4421288

I was posting last year (14-15 dec i think) having a digital copy on ps4 , finally got refunded after 4 5 tickets and 3 pushes of the button on sony's page "cyberpunk 2077 refund" , so guys if you are waiting for a refund , check from time to time your balance , they refunded me without any notice , i saw 2-3 people talking about it on reddit and decided to check for myself and i got the refund.

Yup received mine and loads of people on twitter reporting same thing.

But since it is gone from PS store I still ordered preowned disc from eBay for £14. Lots of sellers without store receipts or damaged box. Saw one for £6. So this way get most money back and still get to play until they fix :)

Attachments

• refund.JPG
    refund.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 52
Yup received mine and loads of people on twitter reporting same thing.

But since it is gone from PS store I still ordered preowned disc from eBay for £14. Lots of sellers without store receipts or damaged box. Saw one for £6. So this way get most money back and still get to play until they fix :)

Nice , i'm just gonna wait a little more and buy it for pc. Strange thing tho , i don't have the refund in transaction history , last thing was when i bought the game and i now have the 70 euro in my ps wallet

So did GOG users succeed in getting a refund?
I have been waiting since 17 dic 2020.

3 WEEKS.

Not a single reply but 1 auto reply.

Starting today, I cannot play Cyberpunk on my PS5. I have asked for a refund back in December, but it hasn't arrived yet and now it appears I don't have the game or my money that I paid for it. This is the least ideal scenario. Anyone in the same shoes?

So did GOG users succeed in getting a refund?
I have been waiting since 17 dic 2020.

3 WEEKS.

Not a single reply but 1 auto reply.

I just received an email from Gog confirming that my refund is accepted and will be processed in the next couple days.
So unless anything goes wrong with that then I guess I have no reason to stay here any longer.

I might buy this game several years from now when the definitive edition is out... probably on sale. Thought I doubt I would use GOG again, I don't want to support CDPR any more than I need to. Probably buy it on steam just to be spiteful.

Welp bye guys, I am off to greener pastures.

Guest 4421288

Well this is strange.

3 of my friends said they've been refunded and lost access to the game. Disappeared from their library.

BUT they never actually requested a refund.

Other friends kept the game.

Is Sony just refunding without even asking? or maybe accidently doing refund for all by mistake. If so they can't pull back because money has been deposited back into accounts and they need to republish game on PS store to allow re-purchase....

This is what I wrote in another thread on 08.01.2021:
Check the reply email for the refund ticket you opened. It contains the case ID number, which I suspect is just an incremental ID. I had received my refund today, and my ID number is 864XXX (since i don't really know how secure these IDs are, I'm hiding the last 3 digits). If they are indeed...
So, please check your case ID (from the reply email address for your case) and see if your number is anywhere near mine. If it's a LOWER number, then my theory is incorrect and how much you need to wait - can't tell. But if it's higher and close to mine - then that could give you an idea on how much more you need to wait.

For the record, I requested my refund on 14th December and this was regarding the GOG version. Also, CP77 has been removed my library (which is obvious, but some of the above posts suggest there might be some confusion around this?)...

This is what I wrote in another thread on 08.01.2021:

So, please check your case ID (from the reply email address for your case) and see if your number is anywhere near mine. If it's a LOWER number, then my theory is incorrect and how much you need to wait - can't tell. But if it's higher and close to mine - then that could give you an idea on how much more you need to wait.

For the record, I requested my refund on 14th December and this was regarding the GOG version. Also, CP77 has been removed my library (which is obvious, but some of the above posts suggest there might be some confusion around this?)...

Yep my ID is 20.000 more than yours, #88 😂
Thanks!

Hi all,

So I purchased the game on the 23rd, December stopped playing it by the 27th December and put my refund request in on the 4th January... and it feels like a year has passed. To put that into context, all other refunds I have ever claimed (not that many in my life) were completed within 48hrs.

So far I have only received automated replies, and the last of which read as follows:

"If further assistance is not required please reply to this message with: #solved to close your request.
As our service is currently extremely overwhelmed - with an ongoing, unprecedented volume of incoming requests, many times higher than ever before - this will help us provide support to Users that still need it. If that is you, we kindly ask for your patience - our agents will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are also working on making sure we will be able to offer Winter Sale discounts to those that we couldn't have helped during the promo period. Please also rest assured that if you requested a refund within 30 days from purchase, no matter if our Support gets back to you after that period passes, you are still eligible for a refund.
This is an automated message.".

Am I to understand that CDPR believes that it is OK to allow these requests to go unfulfilled for far more than 30 days, as indicated in the email? The pandemic did not stop CDPR marketing, promoting and pushing a drive for pre-orders prior to the game being released. Nor did it prevent them from releasing the game. Furthermore, any complications that have arisen are entirely of CDPR's making; I have already suffered the consequences of their decision making and I should not have to suffer the consequences of any problems they have caused by their actions.

And yet here I am... yelling into the empty bucket as no one at support is uttering a single word.

And yet here I am... yelling into the empty bucket as no one at support is uttering a single word.

I honestly believe they're just swamped with requests.

If my suspicions are correct, and @gibsauce 's request is #90XXXX of the total refund requests, I'd say they seem to be processing them pretty fast. I just hope they're close to finishing their processing. A million requests for refund is a TON of revenue to lose :(

If that's a numerically based refund count, that's a pretty significant revenue loss. :(
To be fair, not all of those will be refunds for CP77, as the same system is used for all GOG support requests. And even then not all of those need to be unique cases as I'm sure some people will have created more than one case for the same problem, especially if they received no real reply for a prolonged time (disregarding automated responses)...

I honestly believe they're just swamped with requests.

If my suspicions are correct, and @gibsauce 's request is #90XXXX of the total refund requests, I'd say they seem to be processing them pretty fast. I just hope they're close to finishing their processing. A million requests for refund is a TON of revenue to lose :(

I'm sure the team at GoG are swamped, and I'm sure that they are unhappy about that too, but where there's a will there's a way -- just ask the decision makers that pushed this unfinished product out of the door. So where is CDPR's will now? What is CDPR's will now?

The loss of revenue is a direct consequence of the leadership at CDPR. I'd call it being hoisted by their own petard --greed.

Personally, i would not grant a refund to anybody who spent more than 20 hours in the game... i've seen people who finished the game and then asked for refund...

I'm sure the team at GoG are swamped, and I'm sure that they are unhappy about that too, but where there's a will there's a way -- just ask the decision makers that pushed this unfinished product out of the door. So where is CDPR's will now? What is CDPR's will now?

The loss of revenue is a direct consequence of the leadership at CDPR. I'd call it being hoisted by their own petard --greed.

I don't disagree. And I think you have every right to be angry.

I was just pointing out that it's likely that there are very few people processing refunds, so it's taking a long time. And that's not an excuse for CDPR not to put more people on processing them. Just that it's not for the people actually processing them to make that decision.

CDPR's upper management absolutely should put on more staff to process them faster.

Top Bottom