Refund problems

+
I didn't catch the December 21 deadline when I read the announcement, so I had to go back and look at it. You are correct. That's pretty bad -- a lot of people might want to see what happens with next week's update before deciding to drop it and ask for a refund. Bad decisions piled on top of bad decisions.

Also imagine the kids that aren't going to open their CP2077 present until Christmas. Well thought out huh?

Hey!

I have the game on the cyberpunk edition xbox one x and i bought it as a package. Can I still get e refund? It really isn't that much fun on console sadly.

It is really sad how Sony really doesn't care about the game developer advice, saying that the game has issues and suggesting players to refund.
I started a chat with Sony support, once I said Cyberpunk refund he said that I've already downloaded and the policy doesn't allow refund in this case, and then CLOSED the chat, without even waiting for my reply. It was like having the door shut in my face.
I'm trying now to talk with them by phone... but it seems like an Herculean task get this "promised refund".

I also sent an email to cdpr, but I honestly don't know what to wait anymore...

Just an update... I just talked to Sony by phone. The support guy told me that their policy really doesn't allow to refund, even when the game has errors. Only on the case that the developers announced BEFORE launching that there are errors, as this case CDPR announced after the launch, they can't refund and doesn't recognize the errors, as it is a publisher problems, not theirs as only distributers.

It's an 18+ game with uncensored dingdongs and bazongas. If someone is giving it to their kids, they have bigger problems.

Parents have long purchased games for their kids despite what it's rated at. Do you really think that has never happened?

My game crashes whenever i try a play a certain mission in the story so I tried getting a refund but sony said it wasnt possible so i tried the email address and i still havent heard back and its been a few days and we only have until the 21st, are they only helping a few people?

Last edited:
Has anyone had success with refund?
The last twitter said that you can ask for the refund even on PS Store ( they will make an exception just for this ) but no one answer emails and the chatbox isn't working because eventually an employee will just say to you that's it's not refundable because "refund policy".
I'm also trying to receive a refund on Steam with no success.
Contacted helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com but no response whatsoever. What should I do?
All part of the cash grab. CDPR may have made a good game once, but it's just a bunch of thieves now. Day One patch they probably had prepared before launch then silence. What a joke. So many other releases have had a better response to issues within the first week. Honestly think they're just checked out because they made their money back and the pressure is off financially.

I pre order the game in the Playstation Store. I have a base PS4, so you don´t need any of my experience, because you already know how's going to be. Atrocious game! I want my money back and i send an email to Playstation of my country (Portugal) and this was my response.

"Thanks for contacting us.
We are aware of the errors with the game, but we are in contact with the publisher as soon they will release updates.
We ask that you wait and keep an eye on the publisher's website for more information."

I reply to that giving updates of how bad the game lucks, and i ask for a refund again, let's see.

I pre order the game in the Playstation Store. I have a base PS4, so you don´t need any of my experience, because you already know how's going to be. Atrocious game! I want my money back and i send an email to Playstation of my country (Portugal) and this was my response.

"Thanks for contacting us.
We are aware of the errors with the game, but we are in contact with the publisher as soon they will release updates.
We ask that you wait and keep an eye on the publisher's website for more information."

I reply to that giving updates of how bad the game lucks, and i ask for a refund again, let's see.

The product is not fit for purpose or as described, you may thank them for the update information, but the product you paid for does not exist and so you are entitled to a refund. You do not have to "wait for an update" you didn't buy a "product may or may not be delivered some time in the future" update.

Ah. So i'm not just the only one. I was wondering what was up after almost 30 hours passed and I used the helpmerefund email. This entire thing was just a scam to get people to settle down. Scammed base PS/XBOX users to buy their broken game that can't be used on the hardware. And then put out a statement to assuage the growing vocal calls. But the trick is they aren't going to refund us. A week will come and go and they will say nothing. Thanks CDProjekt Red. It's a damn shame. Like hell, I would take a goddamn trade for a PC version so I can AT LEAST upgrade my computer in the future to play the game. But nope. Radio silence from CDProjekt Red. Sony is telling me suck it as refunds 'go against their refund policy' (And constantly crashing isn't 'faulty' which is listed in their Refund Policy.)

So THANKS GUYS. YOU REALLY DID IT. YOU REALLY F'D ME.

Steam refused to give me a refund because I played 4 hours (the maximum is 2), but it's only after reaching the open city that I started having the worse problems with FPS drops that made me ask for a refund. I will try this e-mail

I'm sad because I paid full price for a game I will only be able to play in a few years with a better PC. And I was expecting the game for years. My PC specs are within the recommended specs... I have a Nvidia 1070TI card, with 16GB of ram, SSD and an i7-4790 but even running on LOW with EVERYTHING turned off my FPS are really bad... almost 40 fps a lot of moments... unplayable =/

They said on twitter that we can ask for a refund but it's not working as expected...
40FPS is not ideal but far from unplayable.

However you might be able to eek some more out of your machine. I would check to see if your GPU is hitting 100% or close to it. If not your CPU is a bottle neck. You can try killing services and background programs to reduce your CPU load. If you have good enough cooling and haven't already you might also consider overclocking to get a little more performance out of your system.

You also go into your nVidia control panel and setup a custom profile for Cyberpunk and set 3D settings outside of the game for it. You might be able to reduce some settings further in areas that are not easily noticeable. Also you might consider reducing your resolution or possibly turning on the AMD image sharpening option in the settings. I have heard some people say it helps for nvVdia cards too.

Steam has long issued refunds for people with over 2hrs, so that is simply a weak argument. And it does not matter about FPS, PC has some of the same issues as consoles, and besides the array of technical issues, there is a huge gap of what was advertised and what was delivered. This is a larger problem.

Wow... well at least we can all tell who the real fans are and aren't. You get a few FPS hiccups or glitches that any game of this udnertaking WOULD have and people cry, whimper moan and complain that they were cheated. I've beaten the game already just fine even with a few minor hiccups, but you just reload from a last checkpoint or save and it's perfectly normal again. Keep up the good work CDPR, don't let these haters drag you in the mud. And if they played for more than two hours, don't refund them. You weren't selling Demo's and people should be smart enough to know not every game these days is going to come out perfect. Sending you at CDPR my love!

Wow... well at least we can all tell who the real fans are and aren't. You get a few FPS hiccups or glitches that any game of this udnertaking WOULD have and people cry, whimper moan and complain that they were cheated. I've beaten the game already just fine even with a few minor hiccups, but you just reload from a last checkpoint or save and it's perfectly normal again. Keep up the good work CDPR, don't let these haters drag you in the mud. And if they played for more than two hours, don't refund them. You weren't selling Demo's and people should be smart enough to know not every game these days is going to come out perfect. Sending you at CDPR my love!

What about the people playing on current consoles? CDPR already admitted they didn't spend enough time on those versions

Top Bottom