Refund problems

+
Has anyone had success with refund?
The last twitter said that you can ask for the refund even on PS Store ( they will make an exception just for this ) but no one answer emails and the chatbox isn't working because eventually an employee will just say to you that's it's not refundable because "refund policy".
I'm also trying to receive a refund on Steam with no success.
Contacted helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com but no response whatsoever. What should I do?

Steam refused to give me a refund because I played 4 hours (the maximum is 2), but it's only after reaching the open city that I started having the worse problems with FPS drops that made me ask for a refund. I will try this e-mail

I'm sad because I paid full price for a game I will only be able to play in a few years with a better PC. And I was expecting the game for years. My PC specs are within the recommended specs... I have a Nvidia 1070TI card, with 16GB of ram, SSD and an i7-4790 but even running on LOW with EVERYTHING turned off my FPS are really bad... almost 40 fps a lot of moments... unplayable =/

They said on twitter that we can ask for a refund but it's not working as expected...

Steam refused to give me a refund because I played 4 hours (the maximum is 2)

The 2hr thing is a weak argument and it became such the first time Steam issued a refund to someone with over 2hrs of game time. The automated system will likely come back as denied, so submit a manual ticket and talk to an actual human. There's plenty of publicly available evidence as to what's going on with CP2077 across all platforms. If that doesn't work, submit an online complaint with the BBB and your State Attorney General. Don't take no for answer. Good luck!

As for the e-mail address CDPR released, I too sent something off this morning and have not heard back. They have been completely silent about it on here as well. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be more transparent.

I think they just announced the refunds yesterday (Monday). Probably will take a couple of days to get all the approvals lined out with Sony, who will want to make sure that they don't lose even a penny in the process.

More PR hot air from CDPR, release a statement that has their fanbois gushing in articles and social media about how consumer friendly they are, when the statement is limited to consoles, and has no actual bearing on whether the company who sold you the game gives you a refund.

In other words, CPDRs statement is as empty as their game. There should be a blanket refund offer to anyone who bought the game based on CPDRs lies as to its condition and nature. Period.

Probably will take a couple of days to get all the approvals lined out with Sony
In CDPR CEO Marcin Iwiński's twitter post, he specifically point out that people ONLY have till Dec 21 to ask them for a refund. So they are giving customer only ONE WEEK to request for a refund.
Please don't ask people to wait for a few days, and don't try to blame people for being impatient. We who want our hard earn money back need to ask quick, and need to get a response from CDPR quick.

I'm a PC player, bought the game in the STEAM plataform, had a long list of bugs, could not even complete the TUTORIAL cause of a number of serious bugs and reloads. Tried to contact the CDPR support but don't think I will ever have a reply.
STEAM won't refund (tried two times already) me cause to my surprise, I've 6,9 hours of gameplay which surprises me as I had soo many crashes that I'm pretty sure I didnt played 2 hours straight. I'm guessing the process was running in the background during some of these crashes when I finally gave up and decided not to play anymore.
I'm left-handed player, this remapping issue is problematic for me cause I can't even play with WASD keys and F for interaction...

I wonder if CDPR will ever refund me cause right now STEAM just denies every attempt and this is the worst experience I ever had with one of your products that I seriously hate myself everyday for spending a single dollar in it.

In CDPR CEO Marcin Iwiński's twitter post, he specifically point out that people ONLY have till Dec 21 to ask them for a refund. So they are giving customer only ONE WEEK to request for a refund.
Please don't ask people to wait for a few days, and don't try to blame people for being impatient. We who want our hard earn money back need to ask quick, and need to get a response from CDPR quick.
I didn't catch the December 21 deadline when I read the announcement, so I had to go back and look at it. You are correct. That's pretty bad -- a lot of people might want to see what happens with next week's update before deciding to drop it and ask for a refund. Bad decisions piled on top of bad decisions.

4 days ago I asked for refund on GOG. No reply so far. Very nice of them to damage control by offering refunds but not actually doing anything. Reminds me of Bethesda's Fallout 76 launch.

I feel myself like V now. Except he stuck with Silverhand and I stuck with CP77 :coolstory:

Last edited:
It is really sad how Sony really doesn't care about the game developer advice, saying that the game has issues and suggesting players to refund.
I started a chat with Sony support, once I said Cyberpunk refund he said that I've already downloaded and the policy doesn't allow refund in this case, and then CLOSED the chat, without even waiting for my reply. It was like having the door shut in my face.
I'm trying now to talk with them by phone... but it seems like an Herculean task get this "promised refund".

I also sent an email to cdpr, but I honestly don't know what to wait anymore...

True. By giving a deadline of the 21st it kind of implies that things will be better by then.

4 days ago I asked refund on GOG. No reply so far. Very nice of them to damage control by offering refunds but not actually doing anything. Reminds me of Bethesda's Fallout 76 launch.

Same issue here. No reply after the initial automated response for three days now. I understand that there may be a lot of support tickets, but this could be kinda automated based on some criteria, or ingeneral just refund after the latest statement.

Top Bottom