Refund problems

+
Well, it took nine days (apparently they are working weekends as well) but GOG refunded me. That's that for me, I'll check on the state of the game sometime later in 2021 to see where it's headed. Good luck to everyone else with your requests.

Last edited:
Seriously where are the refunds on GOG version? Summitted the request like 6 days ago and still no word.

Does anyone work on getting people their money back for this broken unplayable game? Or did yall hype up game since 2012 just to scam people?

Has anyone had success with refund?
The last twitter said that you can ask for the refund even on PS Store ( they will make an exception just for this ) but no one answer emails and the chatbox isn't working because eventually an employee will just say to you that's it's not refundable because "refund policy".
I'm also trying to receive a refund on Steam with no success.
Contacted helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com but no response whatsoever. What should I do?
I'm having a bad experience getting a refund on the gog.com pc version.
these two posts I made are how I feel about the experience about everything really. :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

The 2hr thing is a weak argument and it became such the first time Steam issued a refund to someone with over 2hrs of game time. The automated system will likely come back as denied, so submit a manual ticket and talk to an actual human. There's plenty of publicly available evidence as to what's going on with CP2077 across all platforms. If that doesn't work, submit an online complaint with the BBB and your State Attorney General. Don't take no for answer. Good luck!

As for the e-mail address CDPR released, I too sent something off this morning and have not heard back. They have been completely silent about it on here as well. Hopefully tomorrow they'll be more transparent.
Yea I don't like this silence. They don't seem to understand I just want my refund. No answer in days on my refund support ticket. :shrug:

If you are a EU Citizen you can escalate the refund problem to the EU ODR (Online Dispute Resolution).

Good luck, and get your hard worked money back if you want to.

Stay safe.
Might work!
Thank you!
More PR hot air from CDPR, release a statement that has their fanbois gushing in articles and social media about how consumer friendly they are, when the statement is limited to consoles, and has no actual bearing on whether the company who sold you the game gives you a refund.

In other words, CPDRs statement is as empty as their game. There should be a blanket refund offer to anyone who bought the game based on CPDRs lies as to its condition and nature. Period.
In CDPR CEO Marcin Iwiński's twitter post, he specifically point out that people ONLY have till Dec 21 to ask them for a refund. So they are giving customer only ONE WEEK to request for a refund.
Please don't ask people to wait for a few days, and don't try to blame people for being impatient. We who want our hard earn money back need to ask quick, and need to get a response from CDPR quick.
I'm a PC player, bought the game in the STEAM plataform, had a long list of bugs, could not even complete the TUTORIAL cause of a number of serious bugs and reloads. Tried to contact the CDPR support but don't think I will ever have a reply.
STEAM won't refund (tried two times already) me cause to my surprise, I've 6,9 hours of gameplay which surprises me as I had soo many crashes that I'm pretty sure I didnt played 2 hours straight. I'm guessing the process was running in the background during some of these crashes when I finally gave up and decided not to play anymore.
I'm left-handed player, this remapping issue is problematic for me cause I can't even play with WASD keys and F for interaction...

I wonder if CDPR will ever refund me cause right now STEAM just denies every attempt and this is the worst experience I ever had with one of your products that I seriously hate myself everyday for spending a single dollar in it.
I didn't catch the December 21 deadline when I read the announcement, so I had to go back and look at it. You are correct. That's pretty bad -- a lot of people might want to see what happens with next week's update before deciding to drop it and ask for a refund. Bad decisions piled on top of bad decisions.
4 days ago I asked for refund on GOG. No reply so far. Very nice of them to damage control by offering refunds but not actually doing anything. Reminds me of Bethesda's Fallout 76 launch.

I feel myself like V now. Except he stuck with Silverhand and I stuck with CP77 :coolstory:
Sweet lord.... good fortune to everyone that this works out. I'm in a similar situation. :giveup:

Seriously, people. Chill, at least a little bit. If you've requested a refund on GOG then unless you've been explicitly DENIED it, then just wait.
Yes, they're taking their sweet time, but it's not hard to imagine their support staff is getting massively swarmed by refund AND technical requests alike.

If you've ordered the game on Steam, then you can STILL request a refund after the 2h limit - as was already stated, while you'll probably be denied by the automated systems you can still escalate the case, and there's a good chance you'll actually get a refund afterwards.

Seriously, people. Chill, at least a little bit. If you've requested a refund on GOG then unless you've been explicitly DENIED it, then just wait.
Yes, they're taking their sweet time, but it's not hard to imagine their support staff is getting massively swarmed by refund AND technical requests alike.

If you've ordered the game on Steam, then you can STILL request a refund after the 2h limit - as was already stated, while you'll probably be denied by the automated systems you can still escalate the case, and there's a good chance you'll actually get a refund afterwards.
But it's my money and I need it now :think:

Isn't the deadline still this Monday? Or was that only for the console versions? Would they still honor the refunds that are in the queue?

Well, some people told me that even if you just start the game launcher, steam counts this as time played. I haven't tested this cause I don't want to increase the hours spent since I'm still hopeful to get my money back. Last time I've touched this game was a week ago but what makes mad about this is that CDPR and STEAM are still forcing this on their consumers.
It is not like in a month or two the game will ever be what CDPR promised but insists in such scheme.

They just need to admit that it is a flawed defective product (that's the reality) then STEAM must refund us despite the hours limit.
I never thought that I would ever applaud Sony for anything but right now I would buy PS5 if I wasn't a PC player. Every plataform should refund this game and new buyers should get a warning before any purchase of the current state of the game.

If they had already refunded me, I honestly would buy again in the future when the game seens more finshed and polished but the more they keep my money with them more I want to just skip this game forever -.-

Seriously where are the refunds on GOG version? Summitted the request like 6 days ago and still no word.

Does anyone work on getting people their money back for this broken unplayable game? Or did yall hype up game since 2012 just to scam people?

Im still pending too, they asked me if I wanted to be refunded with "virtual coins" and I said please, use my paypal paypent method.

I do hope they are going to manage the huge amount of people cause I cant believe they wont refund in january.
CD Projekt are not only going to lose a customer but also GOG, you can be sure a lot of people, maybe even me, wont ever buy a single game from gog ever.

Im still pending too, they asked me if I wanted to be refunded with "virtual coins" and I said please, use my paypal paypent method.

I do hope they are going to manage the huge amount of people cause I cant believe they wont refund in january.
CD Projekt are not only going to lose a customer but also GOG, you can be sure a lot of people, maybe even me, wont ever buy a single game from gog ever.
They need to make cyberpunk refunds automated. Like one big cyberpunk refund button.

When you ask for a refund you're lowering the chances of Cyberbunk 2077 turn out to be best game ever.
You either can buy the game the day it's released and accept the consequences, wait a couple of weeks and see how it pans out or stfu.

When you ask for a refund you're lowering the chances of Cyberbunk 2077 turn out to be best game ever.
You either can buy the game the day it's released and accept the consequences, wait a couple of weeks and see how it pans out or stfu.
This game wont ever be "the best game ever". In order to be even considered for the best game ever you gotta have a launch that doesn't cause PSN store to remove your product from the store and other platforms/stores to alter their refund policies.

When everyone, including the developing studio, offers refund. Something is wrong and it's up to people to decide whether they want to stick it out or not. Myself I'm keeping my copy and hoping for the best but to deny there is something wrong with this release worthy of a refund is just plain false.

LMFAO, don't shift the blame to the paying customers. It was on CDPR to release the game to its promised state, or never had advertised as such. All the missing features and the state of the game were advertised and marketed by CDPR.

This is not an Early Access game. The way you're thinking is that all us paying customers should wait. That is not how this works. If they wanted us to wait, then they should have said that this was Early Access and then customers could have made an informed decision.

If anyone bought the game trough Amazon. I can confirm they are giving full refunds for open disk version. But I think only until tomorrow, 21st Dec 2020.
Screenshot_20201220-180801_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Now just waiting for GOG refund. almost on day 7 of waiting still no response.

That would have to mean that they wouldn't care about the game.
"People are asking for refunds? Oh well. Time to move on i guess."
No, I think if they really care it would get their asses in gear and make it better.

Top Bottom