Refund problems

+
Personally, i would not grant a refund to anybody who spent more than 20 hours in the game... i've seen people who finished the game and then asked for refund...
I don't disagree. And I think you have every right to be angry.

I was just pointing out that it's likely that there are very few people processing refunds, so it's taking a long time. And that's not an excuse for CDPR not to put more people on processing them. Just that it's not for the people actually processing them to make that decision.

CDPR's upper management absolutely should put on more staff to process them faster.

Yes, those staff are probably in as much need of support as their customers are. I can empathise with the lone worker having to deal with the fallout of this launch; unfortunately CDPR took that goodwill horse and shot it in the head, dragged it out back and beat it to a pulp with a pre-order drive. The principle remains the same regardless of how many people it affects.

It's been weeks for me as well and NO UPDATE!
I feel so cheated and lied to by CDPR!!!
I've sent multiple updates to the ticket but it just keeps asking me if a conversion to GOG Wallet funds will be satisfactory, which it will NOT be.
How do we make these people pay attention to us?!?!
This is criminal!

I think, I wrote it in the other thread already, but there is no chance to optimize the "workflow" in a couple of weeks.
a) you've to hire people and they must be incorporated (is this the correct word?). So, then many "pros" are involved in the incorparating (whatever) and can't do there own work 100%.
b) you've to automate the process and that takes even longer. Just imagine if it wouldn't work correct, and the User mentos3 would get aaaallll the money and Trykz etc. nothing. That would be funny. For me, not for Trykz and of course not CDPR :)

I know it sucks. For the employees and the customers.

But I can quote two of my last Bosses: "We can't hire people because <insert special incident>!! (=Just work harder, stop crying)."
I think it isn't much else in poland, then in germany or somewhere else.
Modern worklife. You've to love it.

I think, I wrote it in the other thread already, but there is no chance to optimize the "workflow" in a couple of weeks.
a) you've to hire people and they must be incorporated (is this the correct word?). So, then many "pros" are involved in the incorparating (whatever) and can't do there own work 100%.
b) you've to automate the process and that takes even longer. Just imagine if it wouldn't work correct, and the User mentos3 would get aaaallll the money and Trykz etc. nothing. That would be funny. For me, not for Trykz and of course not CDPR :)

I know it sucks. For the employees and the customers.

But I can quote two of my last Bosses: "We can't hire people because <insert special incident>!! (=Just work harder, stop crying)."
I think it isn't much else in poland, then in germany or somewhere else.
Modern worklife. You've to love it.

Hmm. I'm not attacking you here; I'm merely using your post as a vehicle for my thoughts. Given how calculated and callous the decision to knowingly release this product was; a product that was outright broken on two platforms and is still a buggy mess on all other platforms; to knowingly market that product in a highly misleading way and to control via contract its apperance to the consumer... I'm going to go right ahead and state that large numbers of refund requests were 100% predictable. How indifferent to the consumer does a company need to be? How disinterested in its staff too?

Guest 4421288

Some of my friends have opposite problem. I mean I've received my digital refund and bought preowned disc from ebay for £14 to keep aside for free upgrade to dedicated PS5 edition and future DLC.

My friends have received refunds when they NEVER actually requested it. They're not stupid enough to "accidently" click refund button on Sony's official refund page. I see on pushsquare forum same thing has happened to other PS users.

They all raised support chat and they cannot revert. Can't rebuy as it has been removed from PS store, so can only buy fresh/preowned disc. Sony support just blame the fact "Your account must of been compromised". Sure if it was then the password would of been changed by a hacker right.

So yes it seems Sony are refunding people who didn't ask for refund as well. What are they doing!!

Hmm. I'm not attacking you here; I'm merely using your post as a vehicle for my thoughts.
No problem :)
Given how calculated and callous the decision to knowingly release this product was; a product that was outright broken on two platforms and is still a buggy mess on all other platforms; to knowingly market that product in a highly misleading way and to control via contract its apperance to the consumer... I'm going to go right ahead and state that large numbers of refund requests were 100% predictable. How indifferent to the consumer does a company need to be? How disinterested in its staff too?
Maybe they thought the can take a dive under the radar like B. with Fallout76. Or EA with Anthem.

No problem :)

Maybe they thought the can take a dive under the radar like B. with Fallout76. Or EA with Anthem.

Comparing the ominous silence currently being shown to the consumer to the insidious flagitation shown to CDP/R share holders, the danger of them hoping this all just goes away is clear and ever present. Considering their actions to date we might even feel concerned that refunds will even occur? That they may be so corrupted as to try and evade legally justifiable requests for a refund?

What is clear: silence is no answer.

Comparing the ominous silence currently being shown to the consumer to the insidious flagitation shown to CDP/R share holders, the danger of them hoping this all just goes away is clear and ever present. Considering their actions to date we might even feel concerned that refunds will even occur? That they may be so corrupted as to try and evade legally justifiable requests for a refund?

What is clear: silence is no answer.
Hmm, as much as I dislike what CDPR did with this release I don't think their silence means anything.

First, we have no idea what's going on at CDPR. While the "factory floor" is probably hard at work on patches to get the game back on the PS Store, I suspect some heads might roll. Regardless, this will no doubt create at least a little bit of internal chaos... and the workplace was probably a bit chaotic to begin with.

Secondly, don't they have a lawsuit on their hands? Or even several? If so, then communication will be tight-lipped because of that. Remember they are a publicly traded company and employees can't make company-wide announcements willy-nilly, as that can affect stock prices. And given they've drawn the ire of investors already any announcements that end up being false or misleading or broken can and will be used against them.

Hmm, as much as I dislike what CDPR did with this release I don't think their silence means anything.

First, we have no idea what's going on at CDPR. While the "factory floor" is probably hard at work on patches to get the game back on the PS Store, I suspect some heads might roll. Regardless, this will no doubt create at least a little bit of internal chaos... and the workplace was probably a bit chaotic to begin with.

Secondly, don't they have a lawsuit on their hands? Or even several? If so, then communication will be tight-lipped because of that. Remember they are a publicly traded company and employees can't make company-wide announcements willy-nilly, as that can affect stock prices. And given they've drawn the ire of investors already any announcements that end up being false or misleading or broken can and will be used against them.

We have no idea what's happening at CDPR, true, but I can't see how that utter ignorance is in any way beneficial. Naturally, that ignorance extends to any activity that they may or may not be engaged in. We can assume that a primary goal is to get this product back into Sony's storefront, and we can assume that fairly based on the primary drive of profit. In relation to any heads rolling, we have on record the CEO of CDP accepting responsibility, but what does taking responsibility currently look like? I would argue that currently it looks as empty as their methods of communication.

Silence in relation to an ongoing lawsuit is certainly prudent. That lawsuit has nothing to do with an individual consumer's refund request though. The existing lawsuits are in relation to misleading investors, and by investors, for investors. It is true that CDP/R's silence means nothing; it is a void we are left to fill, and we might fill it with positive suggestions or negative conotations. As a PR strategy it is only defensive, and perversely reactionary.

I have a ticket opened for a refund since 13th of December and no one has contacted me besides only getting an email that they are overloaded and i still keep my refund eligibility. PC-GoG
Hold up - did you NOT get an automated message asking if you want store credit or a full refund? You should have gotten that as well. Is it possible you created a support ticket in the wrong category?

Hold up - did you NOT get an automated message asking if you want store credit or a full refund? You should have gotten that as well. Is it possible you created a support ticket in the wrong category?

Hey, yeah i got that and replied.
Thanks for checking though i appreciate it, still waiting.

What's the math on refunds? If we assume 1 million refunds at £50 each that translates to £50m. If you delay that, purposefully, for one month then what is the interest earned on that? Assuming a 0.25% monthly interest that translates to £125,000 of interest earned, interest that those 1 million consumers can no longer earn as that money is now being held hostage. Obviously, increasing the refund number increases the interest earned, so is that honest or dishonest?

As I promised (to tell people if and when I got a refund) I am announcing that I have (to the best of my knowledge) now very recently received a refund!
I recently received a refund! I did not expect that, but I will say I do respect that. I feel like my trust in CDPR has become better as a result. I hope that things continue to get better for everyone. Thank you.

p.s. if you see this post in at least two other places (3 total) on the forums, please understand it is not spam. There were just about 3 threads to the best of my knowledge that I recall having promised to announce if/when I ever got a refund to be transparent and honest in my sharing of my experience with this whole situation. I could have posted it once and then just linked it but then it wouldn't be very clear or obvious and I'm going for clarity and transparency here. If someone doesn't bother clicking the link to the post, they might not know, so I'm just posting this post in 3 places and then I'm stopping. I could re-write it 3 times, but why when I can copy paste it only 3 times. I repeat, it's not spam. It's not going to keep happening. It's 3 posts and finished. done. Just saying this to any random person who may be reading. I'm not speaking directly to moderation or anything, I'm just saying it out loud so to speak, because it's the truth.

Guest 4421288

Some of my friends have opposite problem. I mean I've received my digital refund and bought preowned disc from ebay for £14 to keep aside for free upgrade to dedicated PS5 edition and future DLC.

My friends have received refunds when they NEVER actually requested it. They're not stupid enough to "accidently" click refund button on Sony's official refund page. I see on pushsquare forum same thing has happened to other PS users.

They all raised support chat and they cannot revert. Can't rebuy as it has been removed from PS store, so can only buy fresh/preowned disc. Sony support just blame the fact "Your account must of been compromised". Sure if it was then the password would of been changed by a hacker right.

So yes it seems Sony are refunding people who didn't ask for refund as well. What are they doing!!

Further to my previous post.

Now ALL my friends have received refunds including those who did NOT request it!!

They have had to resort to hunting preowned discs on ebay as PS store no longer lists. PS Support gives BS that ALL their accounts were compromised, yet somehow still the same password. Normally if an account is compromised then first thing a hacker does is change the password. Also what are chances of those 6 friends that own the game being hacked within the same week.

Sony are accidently refunding people without permission. Well I guess at least preowned discs are between £7 to £14 in my region, so they're getting a nice discount. But still it was sudden game cut off for them.

As I promised (to tell people if and when I got a refund) I am announcing that I have (to the best of my knowledge) now very recently received a refund!
I recently received a refund! I did not expect that, but I will say I do respect that. I feel like my trust in CDPR has become better as a result. I hope that things continue to get better for everyone. Thank you.

p.s. if you see this post in at least two other places (3 total) on the forums, please understand it is not spam. There were just about 3 threads to the best of my knowledge that I recall having promised to announce if/when I ever got a refund to be transparent and honest in my sharing of my experience with this whole situation. I could have posted it once and then just linked it but then it wouldn't be very clear or obvious and I'm going for clarity and transparency here. If someone doesn't bother clicking the link to the post, they might not know, so I'm just posting this post in 3 places and then I'm stopping. I could re-write it 3 times, but why when I can copy paste it only 3 times. I repeat, it's not spam. It's not going to keep happening. It's 3 posts and finished. done. Just saying this to any random person who may be reading. I'm not speaking directly to moderation or anything, I'm just saying it out loud so to speak, because it's the truth.

PS Store or GOG ?

Am I the only one who's still waiting for the physical copy refund? I've read that a lot of people already received it without even being asked their PayPal email, but there has been no progress in my case.

Top Bottom