Refunds being misused

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Censoring is not a valid reason for a refund.

Actually yes it is.

You were marketed and sold on the pretense you were getting Grade A wagyu beef with mashed potatoes laced with flakes of gold made with potatoes that were grown high in the Himalayas by Monks that watered the plants with their own sweat served to you on a plate of solid gold by naked angles (Actual angels. Not Angel from the game)

What you actually got was discount supermarket imitation beef with mashed potatoes made from boxed mash potato flakes topped with a can of creamed corn from the dollar store served to you on a plastic prison tray by a fat chain smoking lunch lady named Patty. Oh and you may or may not get an old Playboy magazine with all the naked parts scribbled or cut out.

Enjoy!

A game ?
So you are saying you are ok with everything as long as it is a game ?
That make no sense at all.
I already explained that I had almost no problems playing 2077 through to a 100% completion save file.
I expected a video game and that's what I played.
I didn't expect a magic software that simulates real life because that's impossible.

I want a refund for crashing getting stuck npcs getting stuck and being unable to complete quests.
CP77 is far from the first game that launched with bugs all over the place.
Skyrim, FO:NV, FO4, GTAV, all (and many, many more) were filled to the brim with quest breaking glitches and graphics bugs and bad performance which took months of patches to tidy up.

I feel like I'm dealing with 15 year olds who have never seen a brand new game before.

I already explained that I had almost no problems playing 2077 through to a 100% completion save file.
I expected a video game and that's what I played.
I didn't expect a magic software that simulates real life because that's impossible.

CP77 is far from the first game that launched with bugs all over the place.
Skyrim, FO:NV, FO4, GTAV, all (and many, many more) were filled to the brim with quest breaking glitches and graphics bugs and bad performance which took months of patches to tidy up.

I feel like I'm dealing with 15 year olds who have never seen a brand new game before.

If you want to make a legal claim (false advertising) you need to point out specifics, for the basis of the claim to have proof.
"I hate it because it sucks" is, generally speaking, not proof.

Again I enjoyed my playthrough, perhaps mostly because I didn't have unrealistic expectations, and perhaps also because I was more interested in the story than what NPC #351429 does when I'm not looking.

The game is drm free on pc if we didnt want to support the game we wouldnt have. Its as simple as for some it doesnt work and thats even before you get into cut content and censorship. God forbid we post in a place they might actually see it and it might make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see. In patch 1.02 which is gog release patch, you could be naked in your apartment; you could walk outside with tits out and npcs would comment on it; male body in scavs mission would be naked (which is first thing I noticed after starting new game on 1.04 that he has FUCKING BOXERS); most of the dancers were at least tits out; you could do naked photos.

Even if you call this superfluous it is something that was advertised AND I hate censorship on principle.
didnt even notice this tbh, fix your game and stop censoring everything, the game is already out so its not an issue

Please list cut content so I can compare it to my full 100% playthrough. I'm serious, nobody is an enemy here.
Please list censorship that constitutes something that, in a legal sense of supplying a product, makes the game unplayable.
Because expecting realistic RPGs and demanding a Nudist's Day Out walking city simulator don't add together. Try it in real life and see how fun that is.

I am fully willing to devote a large portion of my time comparing CDPR's claims, the game they gave us, and people's interpretation of what they expected, to analyze exact things that give a legal framework for not living up to expectations.

Because frankly, as I've said in a lot of posts already, what all the negative looks like to me is people being unrealistic. Maybe I'm wrong, because I didn't follow any hype train of the game before it launched.
I preordered it because I've always loved the Cyberpunk book genre, and wanted to support Pondsmith's ideas and lore which are also based on the book genre.
And as I said, I had a freakin blast.

For example in the afterlife are the transparent water tanks. Scantily clad women used to swim in there. I don't see them there anymore!
Or transparent clothing is not quite as transparent as it was before.
Well that does kind of suck doesn't it lol. Make a youtube video showing the difference and I'm sure you'll get some easy views.

Guest 4509026

Please list cut content

There's literally multiple posts already with lists of all the cut content. Take a moment to search for yourself instead of pretending it doesn't exist and demanding people wipe your rear end for you.

For example in the afterlife are the transparent water tanks. Scantily clad women used to swim in there. I don't see them there anymore!
Or transparent clothing is not quite as transparent as it was before.
Just yesterday I saw a chick with a gold robot body wearing a holographic jacket that was lighting up the sidewalk and walls.
The shirt wasn't real, it was just light. She was naked. Robot nips and all. Coolest thing I've seen in a video game.

Yeah they made comments. I ran around naked to show my sibling, who is in her late 30's, and we were having a blast. People would run away, comment, and even change expressions in reaction to it. I do think it was changed due to clothing issues more than censorship. People were going nuts over the "p3ni$" showing through and pants-less t-pose issues.
It's far more than just the glitched clothing in the menu though. They added the boxer shorts POST release, then claim it was a bug fix and intended. Same goes for the strippers, BD peformers and other NPC's that were either fully nude or topless in bars and clubs. Part of the mature/adult selling point of the game content was that they would not shy away from nudity in places like a strip club. In less than a week after release, they then censored the NPC nudity.

The day one release of the game in China, for example, had boxer shorts on the male in the tub during the first job, so you didn't see genitals. In the US version of the game, he was naked. Same thing for the exotic dancers and sex workers, several were topless in the US version of the game, while in China they had tape covering nipples. The pole dancer in the small club covered in glowing while lights on her cyberlegs and arms, for example, was topless.

NPC's would comment if you were naked, similar to how NPC's in Skyrim comment.

So with the first and second patch, comments from NPC's, as well as NPC nudity was nuked in the US release of the game, making it identical to the censored version of the Chinese version (and other countries which ban even partial nudity).

Much of the dialogue gets shifted back to the first person perspective, which deflects from the other content which has been removed and blocked. First person issues have been discussed, resolved, and officially addressed as being released as intended.

What is frustrating for others is that there was very clearly content (like NPC comments) which was created, written, scripted and put into the game which was then cut within days of the games release. That's not an instance where it is "working as intended". Someone literally recorded voice actors commenting about the player being naked, then scripted it into the game. So THAT is the intent of the game. Removing it post launch day is censoring the game.

Same for the pasties and nipple tape. Someone rendered and created nude models of bodies, then scripted item lists and clothing distribution to make certain NPC's nude or partial nude. They even took the time to make sure the game version released in the US displayed this nudity, while the game in China did not. So changing that post-release is not making it work as intended, it was intentional censorship.

I'm in love with the game, but let's be real. A tremendous amount of intended and promised content never made it to the final product. Whether it's the toilet flushing water looking like pre-1990 graphics, to the lack of water splashes or the AI which governs how NPC and vehicles behave in the world space.

With all the bug fixes needed, there is surely a roadmap of things to address by the dev team. This means that someone, somewhere, added to the road map things like "fix it so Jackie pulls a the relic shard out of his head, rather than his pistol". That's a legit bug to be fixed.

But even during all the technical needs, that also means that someone, somewhere added to the road map "Fix it so no NPC nipples are visible in the US copy of the game anymore. Also remove NPC's from commenting if the player is not wearing clothing". That's not a legit bug. That is removing and censoring content
Post automatically merged:

Just yesterday I saw a chick with a gold robot body wearing a holographic jacket that was lighting up the sidewalk and walls.
The shirt wasn't real, it was just light. She was naked. Robot nips and all. Coolest thing I've seen in a video game.
The holographic clothes are pretty cool. The fashion in the game is clearly getting worked on. Some items in inventory you can see text from the game engine which is failing to look up certain references. Usually with text saying "Requires INT [##] like text, indicating the clothing is supposed to be assigned a value based on your Intelligence.

So clearly some clothing items need to be patched and fixed and when done, it means more will show up in game being worn by NPC's.

But censoring of the US version of the game is a very real thing that happened and was not listed as part of any bug fix summary. Nipples that were bare on day one now have nipple tape and pasties, and men who were naked from the waist down now have boxer shorts on.

It is a weird situation, because if you walk into a location where gang members are harvesting organs and cyberware, you'll see a mauled body of a female with guts splattered around and no nipple covers. But when you go into a strip club or BD den, the sex workers have their nipples all taped up. There's a disconnect with world logic and immersion with things like that

Last edited:
What did they censor? Explain please.

They sold the game as having tons of nudity, sex, romance and sexuality. That's why being able to put a penis on a female character got them so much (mostly positive) media attention.

Most of the nudity got removed by launch or would be removed by one of the patches that followed soon after. There was even a nudity mode in the settings at launch. Last I played the game it wasn't there anymore because they basically turned nudity off for everyone and then removed the setting from the menus.

For all the attention they got for being able to put a penis on a female character you don't even see it when you should be able to. For instance when you romance Judy. At the end you get off the bed and V looks down and is wearing those big purple panties.

What did they censor? Explain please.
"I don't see the posts that have been deleted and censored so your claims are false"
LOL ive been warned and had posts/threads removed on here and steam. All of it was just for criticism of their practices. Like 2 days ago when CDPR was crowdsourcing this forum to fix save limit bug

They sold the game as having tons of nudity, sex, romance and sexuality. That's why being able to put a penis on a female character got them so much (mostly positive) media attention.

Most of the nudity got removed by launch or would be removed by one of the patches that followed soon after. There was even a nudity mode in the settings at launch. Last I played the game it wasn't there anymore because they basically turned nudity off for everyone and then removed the setting from the menus.

For all the attention they got for being able to put a penis on a female character you don't even see it when you should be able to. For instance when you romance Judy. At the end you get off the bed and V looks down and is wearing those big purple panties.

it's more than just the first person nudity, so going back to that just kinda makes a revolving door of an issue they have officially answered. You won't see genitals in first person view. That's a done deal.

The real issue that needs to be discussed, quite frankly, is the censoring of NPC's that was not occurring in the initial US release of the game. Even NPC dialogue where they comment based on your clothing (or lack thereof) has been edited so NPC's no longer comment, flirt or mention if you are naked.

The US got a version of the game which had sex worker NPC's who were both fully nude or partially nude. The dead male body in the tub during your first mission was also fully nude. Other countries, like China, got censored versions of the game.

Now the US copies all have the same censorship that was applied to other regions but the only official statement is in regards to first person, which is deflecting from any discussion about why scripted and voiced NPC dialogue was censored, and NPC bodies have been censored.

The censored body meshes were also very clearly done post-release. Topless NPC's with clear tops on could be seen with bare nipples. Now some of them that have nipple tape, the nipple tape is clipping through the clear top -That means the mesh was added AFTER and was not properly aligned, causing it to clip through the top of the clothing. That's post-release modifications to textures and graphics.

Please list cut content so I can compare it to my full 100% playthrough. I'm serious, nobody is an enemy here.
Please list censorship that constitutes something that, in a legal sense of supplying a product, makes the game unplayable.
Because expecting realistic RPGs and demanding a Nudist's Day Out walking city simulator don't add together. Try it in real life and see how fun that is.

I am fully willing to devote a large portion of my time comparing CDPR's claims, the game they gave us, and people's interpretation of what they expected, to analyze exact things that give a legal framework for not living up to expectations.

Because frankly, as I've said in a lot of posts already, what all the negative looks like to me is people being unrealistic. Maybe I'm wrong, because I didn't follow any hype train of the game before it launched.
I preordered it because I've always loved the Cyberpunk book genre, and wanted to support Pondsmith's ideas and lore which are also based on the book genre.
And as I said, I had a freakin blast.
At least this. If you will search you find more.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcve8s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom