Regarding "Good Game" button and the overall progress after daily quota.

+
Regarding "Good Game" button and the overall progress after daily quota.

Not sure if this has been discussed here before, couldn't see any with quick search so here goes.

As you may have noticed after getting some levels under your belt and having a decent win rate, you start fighting people with numerous 800scrap cards and beating them with f2p decks is insanely hard, but once you do beat them, what do you get? most likely nothing. Losing a game and you can be certain the opponent will hit that "gg" button, but winning? 50-50 at best.

As it stands currently it's more profitable to keep losing than grinding those levels after you have reached the first 3 levels a day, you simply get more scraps/gold by constantly losing, you'll even get easier opponents as your matchmaking goes down.

So the "gg" function could use some tuning, like players are only rewarded with stuff if both of the players have hit "gg".

Any other suggestions?

I don't know about you, but I've observed that people press the GG button less often now anyway.

I've taken to:

- if I win, I hit it.
- if I lose, I wait and only hit it if the winner hits it first.

Could be that that the more you have played the less likely people are to press it, I generally always press it because why not? with the exception of people instantly forfeiting.

I generally always press it because why not? with the exception of people instantly forfeiting.

I do the same; always hit GG except when the opponent forfeits during round 1. If the game lasted two or three rounds I see no reason not to hit GG, regardless of whether I win or lose. That one click costs nothing except the 10 milliseconds it takes to hit LMB.

I don't know about you, but I've observed that people press the GG button less often now anyway.

I've taken to:

- if I win, I hit it.
- if I lose, I wait and only hit it if the winner hits it first.

Not to judge, but that sounds a bit salty. You can enjoy yourself, even if you lost.
I happen to be of those who'd still press it, if I had a good experience, or learned something.

Yep, I forgot that. If I actually had fun and lost, I press it too. That's the case while I screw around with a not really functional ambush deck. Or if the opponent used something interesting for once.

Still. I'd rather wait if the winner hits the "GG" button after a loss. It produces too many bad vibes if I end up as the idiot who gives the GG while the other does not.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the effects of GG visually, as it hasn't worked for me since the start of Beta. Nevertheless I send them when I feel the game was well played, regardless if I won or lost.

I do the same; always hit GG except when the opponent forfeits during round 1.

So far I have always gg'd my opponent, except the one who forfeited the game before a single card was played.

I've had to forfeit one game halfway through myself, because my computer was seizing up and the game became unplayable (think 3 frames per second and no reaction to mouse clicks). I don't think I got a gg on that one, but at that moment I had bigger problems.

So after the threads saying losing gives you nothing, we have a thread that says losing is the best way to farm currency lol.

The way I see it is, if you win ,you get progress on your bar. If you lose you still get a small amount of scraps/ore. This actually sounds like a really good system to me.

Yourfacetm;n6688272 said:
So after the threads saying losing gives you nothing, we have a thread that says losing is the best way to farm currency lol.

The way I see it is, if you win ,you get progress on your bar. If you lose you still get a small amount of scraps/ore. This actually sounds like a really good system to me.
Well when you need to win 13 games in order to get to the next level up, which gives you what 25 or 50ore? Surely winning should feel more rewarding than losing, right?

That being said faced LocoX from CDPR earlier and he did infact drop the g's upon defeat!

kuosi;n3450802 said:
Not sure if this has been discussed here before, couldn't see any with quick search so here goes.

As you may have noticed after getting some levels under your belt and having a decent win rate, you start fighting people with numerous 800scrap cards and beating them with f2p decks is insanely hard, but once you do beat them, what do you get? most likely nothing. Losing a game and you can be certain the opponent will hit that "gg" button, but winning? 50-50 at best.

As it stands currently it's more profitable to keep losing than grinding those levels after you have reached the first 3 levels a day, you simply get more scraps/gold by constantly losing, you'll even get easier opponents as your matchmaking goes down.

So the "gg" function could use some tuning, like players are only rewarded with stuff if both of the players have hit "gg".

Any other suggestions?

kuosi;n3450802 said:

Any other suggestions?

That's not exactly right in term of number GG give you a ratio of 1/3 of ore.

end level bonus after your 4th levels daily is 25. You need 12 win to get it.

If you count only on GG you need around 15 games to make the end bonus.
Given you 50-50 from your gaming experience it would mean that winning is still way more profitable. as 12 / 3 = 4*5 = 20 + 25 ores.
Needless to say that you also get scraps in the same process.

Last edited:
ps: from my personal experience i get GG more than 70% of the time. But i'm an high end level player so it might be that player i'm matching with are more experience, and rage less haha.

bre3zer;n6859030 said:
ps: from my personal experience i get GG more than 70% of the time. But i'm an high end level player so it might be that player i'm matching with are more experience, and rage less haha.
I've actually faced you a couple of times, my mmr isn't too terrible either, maybe my 50% and gain more by losing was slightly overestimated, the basis for the post was the GG rewards only applying when both press the button.
Like your stream btw, too bad my french is a bit on the weak side

kuosi;n6864980 said:
I've actually faced you a couple of times, my mmr isn't too terrible either, maybe my 50% and gain more by losing was slightly overestimated, the basis for the post was the GG rewards only applying when both press the button.
Like your stream btw, too bad my french is a bit on the weak side

Thanks ! feel free to chat in english if you wish it doesn't bother me to speak both languages. An most of my viewers are speaking english as well.

See you on the ladder !

Last edited:
Top Bottom