Regarding IHUARRAQUAX and 2nd Usage (?)

+
Regarding IHUARRAQUAX and 2nd Usage (?)

In case anyone didn't already know, you can't use the ability more than once. At least, not off one that starts damaged, gets healed, gets damaged and then gets healed back to base a 2nd time. Perhaps you could still use Renewal to start the process over again? That, I don't know the answer to. Mine got hit by a fog after I used it the first time, and I had another An Craite Armorsmith still in hand to heal it back to it's base stats a 2nd time, but no love from IHQ, haha. Maybe Renewal would work - if not, they should probably brand it with the 'Single Use' text they've been adding to a lot of the spy units. Just my thought, anyway ...

This ability is definitely way too powerful to let it trigger more than once. Also: when you play it, the card has a counter like werewolf or card advantage spies, that shows that it can only trigger once.

Even if Renew works (my guess is it would do that, but I haven't tried it), it would play the card without any buff - so you'll have to buff it on board to trigger the effect, which is obviously very risky. Not the best Renew target.

Thanks for the reply ... the big problem with Renew (minus the -al, my bad) is that there don't tend to be oh-so-great gold targets for it to put back in circulation. My first and only reason for picking up Renew was to bring back Ciri: Nova, so you can imagine how much fun I had figuring out what 'Doomed' meant after purchasing and looking all over the graveyard after using Ciri in Round 1 ... lol .... if IHQ actually ends up being a viable Renew target, I'd give it serious consideration - Skellige being one of the few deck types I know that can heal to base w/o trying to add conditions that would violate the IHQ text ... certainly, any use of IHQ comes with its own risk, but I've found Skellige to generally put out enough early-round targets so by the time I get around to dropping IHQ, often the enemy doesn't have the sneeze in their snoot left to blow it off the board. :)

Just tested this against the AI, and Renew does enable Ihuarraquax for a second time. Comboed it with Mandrake, first time was with Stefan. :D
Not worth the setup and draw RNG required, though.

Ah .... so .... even though Mandrake alters it's base in the healing process by adding points, IHQ still treats it as if conditions met? Hmmm .... so .... in that case, I wonder if the blacksmiths ability would work as well .... they don't come with the reset + strengthen, like the Mandrake and Mardroemes, but .... maybe all it needs is for a new strength pt to be declared (and reached) to set it off .... hmmmm

Muffliato;n10690931 said:
Just tested this against the AI, and Renew does enable Ihuarraquax for a second time. Comboed it with Mandrake, first time was with Stefan. :D
Not worth the setup and draw RNG required, though.

Thanks for checking that and verifying ! Hmmm, with Stefan is a nice combo .... you can come right out the gate swinging that first time around :)

Wyldefyre_CP;n10690961 said:
Ah .... so .... even though Mandrake alters it's base in the healing process by adding points, IHQ still treats it as if conditions met? Hmmm .... so .... in that case, I wonder if the blacksmiths ability would work as well .... they don't come with the reset + strengthen, like the Mandrake and Mardroemes, but .... maybe all it needs is for a new strength pt to be declared (and reached) to set it off .... hmmmm

Armorsmith should trigger it, Blacksmith won't help you much though, as they add base strength without buffing the card.

Wyldefyre_CP;n10690961 said:
Ah .... so .... even though Mandrake alters it's base in the healing process by adding points, IHQ still treats it as if conditions met?
Mandrake heals and changes the base (so it's not a boost), Blacksmith lacks the heal, so it would increase the base, but not undo the damage...

an easy way to think about it is that adjusting base strength adds to the bottom of the point stack, moving everything up (including the cap). but boosting only adds to current top, so it can go past the cap.

Top Bottom