Regarding Money

+
Hi there I haven't found any suggestion regarding money, but I I belive we should earn more money as street rep levels up, and I find myself grinding like crazy whit very boring methods just to buy cyberware, but I so far I'm level 30 and 49 SR and barely got any real money, cars are out of the question since they are too expensive, in my first playtrough I finish the camping and I couldn't afford more than a couple cyberware stuff, so please buff the money we earn whit each level, I mean if you are good you should charge more right? Sorry for my bad English

The only tips I can give you are:
- Spend 1 point in Pack Mule (a Body perk) that allows for another 60 carry capacity. Pick up and sell everything.
and
- Invest at least 5 points in Intelligence and spend 2 perks on Advanced Datamine.
Depending on how good/lucky you are with the hacking minigame, this will net you from +/-600 to over a 1000 Eddies per Access Point you hack. With sometimes 3 or 4 Access Points in the open world activities, you can easily gather money.
This does mean you'll need a Rare (Blue) cyberdeck. (or better)

It's not hard to get 100k Eddies or more when taking your time to go around and not spend money mindlessly.
Plan your build and focus on buying only what you really need.

This is just me personally, and I've had very few money concerns.

I invested in Mantis Blades, an arm augment that ensure I'm armed at all times. You can technically go with any of them, and there are arguments for Gorilla Arms being the best out of the 4. Using those with high associated stats means you won't be needing most of the weapons you pick up as equipment. From there, you can either sell or break them down for crafting.

Pretty easy to make lots of money when you're selling almost every weapon you're picking up.

Hi there I haven't found any suggestion regarding money, but I I belive we should earn more money as street rep levels up, and I find myself grinding like crazy whit very boring methods just to buy cyberware, but I so far I'm level 30 and 49 SR and barely got any real money, cars are out of the question since they are too expensive, in my first playtrough I finish the camping and I couldn't afford more than a couple cyberware stuff, so please buff the money we earn whit each level, I mean if you are good you should charge more right? Sorry for my bad English
I think the only way to fix the money factor is to put repetitive quests right now its just super limited unless u like grinding 1h at the vendor machine just to get 100k the game should be wide open for those who like to collect things it shouldnt be about pick and choose

I actually disagree with that.
Money is actually one of the things that are well balanced in this game.
It also encourages players to play sidequests, which is a good thing. You do realize that you have to gather money gradually as you're playing the game and are not supposed to buy everything as you start right? It's normal that it takes time, just keep playing the game normally and you'll have more than enough, there's no need to cheese or exploit anything.

It would have had more sense to critisize Street cred, in fact (not because of how quickly you get them but because of how underexploited they are).

yota71

Forum regular
The only tips I can give you are:
- Spend 1 point in Pack Mule (a Body perk) that allows for another 60 carry capacity. Pick up and sell everything.
and

When i succesfully hack a terminal or a router i get from 2000 eddies to 5000 eddies, its not difficult in this game to get rich and if it will not suffice just pick up all the weapons/armor and sell it

This is just me personally, and I've had very few money concerns.

I invested in Mantis Blades, an arm augment that ensure I'm armed at all times. You can technically go with any of them, and there are arguments for Gorilla Arms being the best out of the 4. Using those with high associated stats means you won't be needing most of the weapons you pick up as equipment. From there, you can either sell or break them down for crafting.

Pretty easy to make lots of money when you're selling almost every weapon you're picking up.
regardless i think people should be able to play any build and no having to worry about money there are cheesy ways to get money in the game however replayability would fix it all, besides selling weapons its not even close to the amount of money you have to spend for hyper cars, iconics, and the most painful one upgrades so yeah no, right now the meta seems to be the vendor machine 100k a hour and this is suppose to be the painful way to make money the selling weapons its just pointless might aswell scrap the weapon and sell the components but still not efficient

I learned on my first play through, right out of the gate, do side missions / quests and collect weapons, sell, sell and more sell. Even at a starting level, the cash does start to add up. Ignore the story line, story line quests and level up your character and start saving up the eddies. Also look for the free Legendary items that are available even at the start of the game.

It would have had more sense to critisize Street cred, in fact (not because of how quickly you get them but because of how underexploited they are).

to reach 50 street creed is very simple, just do some NCPD gig and in less then two hour you reach 20 in six hour you max out the street cred

regardless i think people should be able to play any build and no having to worry about money there are cheesy ways to get money in the game however replayability would fix it all, besides selling weapons its not even close to the amount of money you have to spend for hyper cars, iconics, and the most painful one upgrades so yeah no, right now the meta seems to be the vendor machine 100k a hour and this is suppose to be the painful way to make money the selling weapons its just pointless might aswell scrap the weapon and sell the components but still not efficient
Being able to buy everything would be incredibly boring and take away the whole point of having an economy system in the game.

It also increase replayability since you can decide to roll for a different car or different implants, for example, due to the fact that you couldn't afford everything on your previous run.

Seems like good design to me and just as a side note, there's already mods that give you infinite money and the like, should you want it.

to reach 50 street creed is very simple, just do some NCPD gig and in less then two hour you reach 20 in six hour you max out the street cred
"Not because of how quickly you get them"

Honestly, with how much scaling you get from player stats, you can generally pick a favorite weapon and just run with it.

Just an Epic+ Iconic of your choice will have enough firepower to get you through the game so long as you put some stats into backing it up early and keep using it so your skill keeps up.

I actually disagree with that.
Money is actually one of the things that are well balanced in this game.
It also encourages players to play sidequests, which is a good thing. You do realize that you have to gather money gradually as you're playing the game and are not supposed to buy everything as you start right? It's normal that it takes time, just keep playing the game normally and you'll have more than enough, there's no need to cheese or exploit anything.

I disagree the money is so unbalanced let me explain u why i played pacifist almost 300h and finished my second playthough i completed all quest everything possible in the game and i wasnt able to make better cyberdecks fully upgrade weapon unable to buy any cars due to having to save for all my cyberwares lets not even mention that i finished the game and when i mean finished i mean everything i was level 32 i can not move forward therefor i cant level cap
another problem is that you get some of your stuff maxed out at the end and you can't even play with them because there is nothing left to do you put sweat and effort in upgrading something that can no longer be used because the only thing left that the game offers is roaming
I found myself upgrading every weapon i wanted every enchant every cyberdesk every cyberware by exploiting some people like to collect things, the game is a pick and choose right now no matter what you gonna sacrifice some upgrades over cars or cyberwares the game needs repetitive stuff

If you spent all your time doing missions to get better gear you basically gonna end up having better gear and no missions left to actually use your gear, right now the game needs events that resets when u sleep so everyone is happy

Last edited:
It's fine if I had to choose between upgrading cyberware or buying all cars.

The thing here is that without some cyberware the game can get very frustrating. i.e. overheating.

As poster before me even if you do everything on the map, you would not get enough money to buy all cars.
This is a problem since there is a trophy for buying all cars and if you do not focus on like selling everything and more or less grind out the first 10-15 levels without doing any missions it's more or less impossible to get enough money to buy all cars.

So I say thank god that money glitch is still working or I would just given up on this game and ignored it until it would been GOTY version and on 70% sale or something.

Other thing that is broken also is XP gains I have never before played a "RPG" game similar to this where you didn't reach max level just following main quest and doing some side quests here and there.

I did everything on the map before going to the last mission and I only hit level cap like 5 missions before that last one.
And I went the killing route I just killed everything in almost every mission. Only did stealth where shooting would fail the mission.

And only skill I had maxed doing this was crafting and only because of the glitch.

I mean killing a group of npc giving like 100-200xp in assault when you need like 750k to max it to 20 is just really stupid.
It's strange they didn't do same shit with street cred thank god that is pretty quick.

Skill xp should be at least doubled of not trippled. Level xp should at least be doubled so you hit level cap at 60-70% through the story no matte how you play. This would also fix the money problem since at level cap dropped weapons can sell for 5k+ each so you could get all cars if you wanted from som grinding of random groups.

It's fine if I had to choose between upgrading cyberware or buying all cars.

The thing here is that without some cyberware the game can get very frustrating. i.e. overheating.

As poster before me even if you do everything on the map, you would not get enough money to buy all cars.
This is a problem since there is a trophy for buying all cars and if you do not focus on like selling everything and more or less grind out the first 10-15 levels without doing any missions it's more or less impossible to get enough money to buy all cars.

So I say thank god that money glitch is still working or I would just given up on this game and ignored it until it would been GOTY version and on 70% sale or something.

Other thing that is broken also is XP gains I have never before played a "RPG" game similar to this where you didn't reach max level just following main quest and doing some side quests here and there.

I did everything on the map before going to the last mission and I only hit level cap like 5 missions before that last one.
And I went the killing route I just killed everything in almost every mission. Only did stealth where shooting would fail the mission.

And only skill I had maxed doing this was crafting and only because of the glitch.

I mean killing a group of npc giving like 100-200xp in assault when you need like 750k to max it to 20 is just really stupid.
It's strange they didn't do same shit with street cred thank god that is pretty quick.

Skill xp should be at least doubled of not trippled. Level xp should at least be doubled so you hit level cap at 60-70% through the story no matte how you play. This would also fix the money problem since at level cap dropped weapons can sell for 5k+ each so you could get all cars if you wanted from som grinding of random groups.
Glad to see someone that understands me it frustrates me so much

I disagree the money is so unbalanced let me explain u why i played pacifist almost 300h and finished my second playthough i completed all quest everything possible in the game and i wasnt able to make better cyberdecks fully upgrade weapon unable to buy any cars due to having to save for all my cyberwares lets not even mention that i finished the game and when i mean finished i mean everything i was level 32 i can not move forward therefor i cant level cap
another problem is that you get some of your stuff maxed out at the end and you can't even play with them because there is nothing left to do you put sweat and effort in upgrading something that can no longer be used because the only thing left that the game offers is roaming
I found myself upgrading every weapon i wanted every enchant every cyberdesk every cyberware by exploiting some people like to collect things, the game is a pick and choose right now no matter what you gonna sacrifice some upgrades over cars or cyberwares the game needs repetitive stuff

If you spent all your time doing missions to get better gear you basically gonna end up having better gear and no missions left to actually use your gear, right now the game needs events that resets when u sleep so everyone is happy
Hold on, you're actually talking about two completely different things, one being the game's economy.

On that one, I just can't agree. I have no problem getting new stuffs whether it's cyberware or weapon and I'm not even a perfectionist and don't do any form of farming or abuse to gain more money.

In fact, I'm extremely sloppy on how I spend it, sometimes wasting it buying upgrades that I know I'm gonna be able to replace soon. I'm just playing the game without putting too much though into it and I'm not short on anything, the game resupply you on money constantly, no matter what you do. Do a quest? Money, Pick up some items? Sell them for money, craft items? Even more money...It's just everywhere.

If you have trouble in that regard, it's not the game's fault and you're clearly doing something wrong.

Also, you're not supposed to buy every car in the game, if there's a trophy that ask you to do that (I don't personaly care about trophy, to be honest, so I take your words for it), you can complain about this being dumb, at best.

The second thing you're talking about, however, is the lack of renewing content and the fact that, once you complete every quests there's no extra, no NG+ nor any way of prolonging the experience and on that point I absolutely agree with you but it has nothing to do with the game's economy, it's a completely different topic.

Hold on, you're actually talking about two completely different things, one being the game's economy.

On that one, I just can't agree. I have no problem getting new stuffs whether it's cyberware or weapon and I'm not even a completionist and don't do any form of farming or abuse to gain more money.

In fact, I'm extremely sloppy on how I spend my money, sometimes wasting it buying upgrades that I know I'm gonna be able to replace soon. I'm just playing the game without putting too much though into it and I'm not short on anything, the game resupply you on money constantly, no matter what you do. Do a quest? Money, Pick up some items? Sell them for money, craft items? Even more money...It's just everywhere.

If you have trouble in that regard, it's not the game's fault and you're clearly doing something wrong.

Also, you're not supposed to buy every car in the game, if there's a trophy that ask you to do that (I don't personaly care about trophy, to be honest, so I take your words for it), you can complain about this being dumb, at best.

The second thing you're talking about, however, is the lack of renewing content and the fact that, once you complete every quests there's no extra, no NG+ nor anyway of prolonging the experience and on that point I absolutely agree with you but it has nothing to do with the game's economy, it's a completely different topic.
This so called game economy if you want to call it that we'll call it that its unbalanced EXAMPLE every gig you do its 1k eddies lets say every gig you hack and get extra 2k eddies "if you lucky and if you have enough point to even hack" "GIGS are 86 "you telling me with all these money you can buy 20k each blue prints of weapons for your arsenal wall a Shion 115k an arch nazare 130k and the rest of the cars from 40k to 80k ,70k on arms 45k on legs cyberware lets not even touch the mods on the cyberwares because oh boi oh boi the list becomes long you telling me the game gives you enough to buy all the stuff plus iconic cyberware if you want to play a netrunner? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? are we playing the same game?

you talked about replacements but you cant really replace anything since your weapon loses completely value i bought a power sniper 45k and if i sell it its 1155 edddies? and you telling me the economy is fine? when it comes to selling its broken so if end up buying a weak weapon you're Done bad investement the gun store scales with your level so if you buy an iconic weapon on a low level GG upgrading it will turn your broke GG your money roadmap is already altered "might aswell use weapons from NPC's but thats a bad logic and not fun"

The game should not limit you and say "WELL.. you can't really buy all cars sorry you have to manage your eddies because the games doesnt provide you any after u completed the game" it blows my mind

The game should not punish the player more than already does maybe for you was easier due to i donno honesly what you did but lets say you went gunsblazing and killed everyone everywhere i give you the benefit of the doubt you managed to be rich however if i play pacifist stealth and i play the game in a certain way the game punishes me on money big time if my build is a netrunner my dude how are those cyberdecks and mods gonna get built uh?
Post automatically merged:

This so called game economy if you want to call it that we'll call it that its unbalanced EXAMPLE every gig you do its 1k eddies lets say every gig you hack and get extra 2k eddies "if you lucky and if you have enough point to even hack" "GIGS are 86 "you telling me with all these money you can buy 20k each blue prints of weapons for your arsenal wall a Shion 115k an arch nazare 130k and the rest of the cars from 40k to 80k ,70k on arms 45k on legs cyberware lets not even touch the mods on the cyberwares because oh boi oh boi the list becomes long you telling me the game gives you enough to buy all the stuff plus iconic cyberware if you want to play a netrunner? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? are we playing the same game?

you talked about replacements but you cant really replace anything since your weapon loses completely value i bought a power sniper 45k and if i sell it its 1155 edddies? and you telling me the economy is fine? when it comes to selling its broken so if end up buying a weak weapon you're Done bad investement the gun store scales with your level so if you buy an iconic weapon on a low level GG upgrading it will turn your broke GG your money roadmap is already altered "might aswell use weapons from NPC's but thats a bad logic and not fun"

The game should not limit you and say "WELL.. you can't really buy all cars sorry you have to manage your eddies because the games doesnt provide you any after u completed the game" it blows my mind

The game should not punish the player more than already does maybe for you was easier due to i donno honesly what you did but lets say you went gunsblazing and killed everyone everywhere i give you the benefit of the doubt you managed to be rich however if i play pacifist stealth and i play the game in a certain way the game punishes me on money big time if my build is a netrunner my dude how are those cyberdecks and mods gonna get built uh?
Check this out the Smg was bought when i was 20 the store shop shingen is from when i was level 27 look at this ridicolous scale just to upgrade the sniper to the same dps the shingen is gonna cost a lot more than i would have paid for if i just straight up bought it at a diff level lets not even mention the value
gdsgs.png

Check this out the Smg was bought when i was 20 the store shop shingen is from when i was level 27 look at this ridicolous scale just to upgrade the sniper to the same dps the shingen is gonna cost a lot more than i would have paid for if i just straight up bought it at a diff level lets not even mention the value
gdsgs.png
on top of all the expenses how do you afford this?
vcxz.png

Last edited:
One way to make a lot of cash is to abuse the crafting system. To do so, you don't even need to put point into Tech (you can do it with tech at 3 point). To make it a bit faster I use the first perk of the Tech tree that give you more material when to disassemble.

The trick is to buy consummable that is worth 10$ (aka stamina drink). There is a lot of vending machine you can spam to buy a lot of them. When you disassemble them (with the perk) they give 3x Uncommon (8$) and 6x Common(5$) for a total worth of 54$. You don't need the perk, without it I remember that it give 2xUncommon which make it still profitable (but slower). Make sure you buy the 10$ stuff, 5$ consumamble can't be disassemble. Alcohol is also profitable (30$ consummable) but there is no vendor machine.

That way I was able to pay Victor on the spot is 21k$ at the beginning of the game ...

One way to make a lot of cash is to abuse the crafting system. To do so, you don't even need to put point into Tech (you can do it with tech at 3 point). To make it a bit faster I use the first perk of the Tech tree that give you more material when to disassemble.

The trick is to buy consummable that is worth 10$ (aka stamina drink). There is a lot of vending machine you can spam to buy a lot of them. When you disassemble them (with the perk) they give 3x Uncommon (8$) and 6x Common(5$) for a total worth of 54$. You don't need the perk, without it I remember that it give 2xUncommon which make it still profitable (but slower). Make sure you buy the 10$ stuff, 5$ consumamble can't be disassemble. Alcohol is also profitable (30$ consummable) but there is no vendor machine.

That way I was able to pay Victor on the spot is 21k$ at the beginning of the game ...
Best way i did was i went to the city center circle where there is a good chunck of vendors machine keep buying till they sell everything then wait 24h then do again then i got to the sell machine and i first scrap all the colas i got then sell in chuck of 20k all items reset everytime the machine has no money in it

I made 150k from watson after paying off Victor before I even got into Dex's car.

Don't take the auto disassemble junk perk. A lot of junk sells for 750. If a weapon sells for more than 100 sell it otherwise break it down. Break all your drinks down to parts. Common and Uncommon components will soon stockpile.

Only spend money on cyberware you need.
Hack all terminals.

Top Bottom