Regarding Precious Cargo quest (Spoilers)

+

Regarding Precious Cargo quest (Spoilers)

• Turn over to nilfgaardians

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Let him go

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • Let go without medicine

Votes: 45 36.6%

• Total voters
politics aside.the soldier even tried the olde "look out,behind you" trick.......a crime punishable by death in 1270 if i'm not mistaken
:facepalm:

Good point. I suppose it'd be too much to expect any soldier to know that Geralt worked with Foltest on a few occasions. Or that witchers usually don't actively fight for Nilfgaard.

Going forward... Geralt of Rivia... The Witcher Foltest's murder!... That was any soldier read in the wall posters... No, Wait.. The real murder was another Witcher who was hired by Nilfgaarians!...

Yes, I'de be very confidence with him in the case I recognize him

politics aside.the soldier even tried the olde "look out,behind you" trick.......a crime punishable by death in 1270 if i'm not mistaken
:facepalm:

Quite correct, a crime punishable by flaying, disemboweling, hanging, quartering, and burning. But, more often, the courts just glared at the accused, ordered him removed, and to be slapped in the face with a wet herring.

Last edited:
You could argue that they bring civilized world to the northern people (e.g. when they speak of burning rotten corpses which "has long been a standard in the civilized world")
This kind of "Roman empire" argument is deeply flawed here because the Northern kingdoms are on the same or similar civilizationary level than the Nilfgaardian empire. They are no savages or tribes living in huts. They have all the same civilizationary elements. A writing system, sophisticated political, legal, economic and societal systems, philosophy and all kinds of sciences, art and music, advanced architecture and so on.

This argument is ridiculous, really.

and aim (?) to unite humanity under a single banner to face when will happen with the prophecy (ice age). Also when you see the camp owner which asks a fair tribute to the peasants.
There is a saying: the end doesn't justify the means. Never. The path to hell is all paved with good intentions..

You can't do good by doing so much wrong. You can't claim to fight for humanity while treating it with contempt at the very same time...

In a number of ways the northern monarchs are brutes like they start war for their own (flawed) interests like the La Valette war in TW2 for instance, and so forth.
The northern monarchs are just tpycial human rulers in times of feudalism. That's how our own European rulers acted for many centuries in the past. They are not more brute than anyone else - they just have the power to do whatever they like - and surely not more brute than the Nilfgaardians. May I remember you how Nilfgaard led the last war against the North, literally only leaving burnt down land behind them, raiding the whole country, killing thousands of innocents? I guess that's the Nilfgaardian high civilization.... ;)

I think it was important for CDP that Nilfgaard is not unambiguously evil.
But it is. It really is. At least based on OUR own modern western standards. If you look at it from another perspective (like "war is honor", "survival of the fittest", "we're better than everyone else") that might be different of course.

If Geralt were to turn around, would the Temerian not try to cut his throat? This is how guerrilla fighters work, after all.
No, it's not. Guerilla tactics doesn't automatically mean that you kill everybody on sight. Geralt is not a Nilfgaardian soldier or agent, but a civilian. We don't know for sure whether the Temerian would try to attack Geralt or just try to ran away.

But you are very quick to prejudge him for whatever reason... ;)

Going forward... Geralt of Rivia... The Witcher Foltest's murder!... That was any soldier read in the wall posters... No, Wait.. The real murder was another Witcher who was hired by Nilfgaarians!...

Yes, I'de be very confidence with him in the case I recognize him

Everyone stopped treating you as the assassin half-way through W2, with Roche's help. Soldiers no longer wanted to kill you out of revenge, kings no longer wanted to shit their pants at the mere sight of Geralt, etc.
And then there's Letho creating some bad rep for the witchers, fair enough.

In any case, Geralt would like this war to last as long as possible...It's good for business.

I don't know. Geralt isn't the old Geralt of the short stories anymore. Now there is more at stake, not just business. War - especially this kind of war - threatens his loved ones. Ciri, Yen, Triss, Dandelion, the Dwarves and everyone he sees as family or friends are threatened by this war, in one way or another. It's a personal story now...

I don't know. Geralt isn't the old Geralt of the short stories anymore. Now there is more at stake, not just business. War - especially this kind of war - threatens his loved ones. Ciri, Yen, Triss, Dandelion, the Dwarves and everyone he sees as family or friends are threatened by this war, in one way or another. It's a personal story now...
Yes, but I didn't had in mind grand scheme of things...Just regular witcher's working day...And Geralt need those orens...Or crowns. :D

No, it's not. Guerilla tactics doesn't automatically mean that you kill everybody on sight. Geralt is not a Nilfgaardian soldier or agent, but a civilian. We don't know for sure whether the Temerian would try to attack Geralt or just try to ran away.

But you are very quick to prejudge him for whatever reason... ;)

He needs the medicine and Geralt saw through his ruse. If the "look-behind-you" trick worked, he could easily attack Geralt and take the meds. Would he really not take that chance? Also, he runs away just fine even when his trick fails, so I'd assume that wasn't his intention.

And I'm certainly not a part of some sort of Nilfgaard Internet Defense Force, silly Nordling. :wat:

He needs the medicine and Geralt saw through his ruse. If the "look-behind-you" trick worked, he could easily attack Geralt and take the meds. Would he really not take that chance? Also, he runs away just fine even when his trick fails, so I'd assume that wasn't his intention.
Well, he knows that Geralt is a witcher. He probably knows quite well what Witchers are capable of. I guess if he's not a complete idiot he would at least consider that attacking him would still be a high risk.

And then again you seem to think that all Nordlings are completely free of any kind of moral and that "I need that medicine" automatically means "I kill a civilian for it". I see everyone - Nordlings and Nilfgaardians and everyone else - as human beings first, including possibly good and bad sides to them. Maybe the guy is just a bad, ammoral person? Or maybe he just try to survive? Or maybe he is just desperate but still a human being, sticking to basic moral principles? Who knows for sure?

So far, the sentiment seems to be in the Temerian's favour. Hand me a wet herring . . . .

See reply #43

It's not healthy to think that Nilfgaard is the ultimate evil, and Northern Kingdoms are saints. They're both shit in my book (being humans with medieval minds, you know...). Also, I'd like to follow that guy to his hideout. I kinda have the feeling that they are more like "bandits", rather than soldiers. I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to get the medicine to sell it. But of course I can't know this for sure, so I'd rather follow him to the encampment first. If they are really soldiers in a bad situation, I'd give them the medicine back (If I have the option in the game, of course).

Well, he knows that Geralt is a witcher. He probably knows quite well what Witchers are capable of. I guess if he's not a complete idiot he would at least consider that attacking him would still be a high risk.

And then again you seem to think that all Nordlings are completely free of any kind of moral and that "I need that medicine" automatically means "I kill a civilian for it". I see everyone - Nordlings and Nilfgaardians and everyone else - as human beings first, including possibly good and bad sides to them. Maybe the guy is just a bad, ammoral person? Or maybe he just try to survive? Or maybe he is just desperate but still a human being, sticking to basic moral principles? Who knows for sure?

Everyone underestimates witchers. From ordinary soldiers and peasants to magicians and bounty hunters. They never learn.

And I never said that everyone in the North is the worst scum imaginable. But not everyone is a saint either. We've seen normal soldiers do all sorts of atrocities, even for lesser reasons. Some soldiers claim they are no murderers and wouldn't touch a civilian, while others are okay with raping and pillaging.
This particular Temerian doesn't strike me as an honest and "good" soldier. Yet I also believe that he'd do anything for his comrades-in-arms. Again, would such a man kill one civilian if it meant saving his squad and continuing the fight against Nilfgaard?

Last edited:
The necessity of the moment outweighs the plight of the hour, eh?
I guess. :)

Anyways, this is fantastic discussion we have here...Politics, morality, guerilla tactics...

And now, imagine discussion about this kind of small side quest:

-"Greetings stranger. My grand-grand-grand-grand-grandfather lost valuable ring in cave nearby. And since my family consists of incompetent idiots, we could not find it for almost 200 years.Will you please bring it to me? I'll pay 10 septims."

-"Yes."

Top Bottom