Regarding save files

+
Did some testing. Right now, my 3776 kilobyte, up from 3759 kilobyte.

Deconstructing arms and armour in my inventory seems to decrease it by 1 kilobyte/item

Upgrading a weapon does not seem to affect it

Completing a quest stage seem to increase it by 10 kilobyte/stage

Simply traveling around the world seem to increase it on the passive.

What seems to be the problem is, that the game keeps track of things it shouldn't. I'd suggest looking into how and why the game logs every step V takes, instead of just a snapshot of his current coordinates at the time of save.

I'd suggest 2 angles of approach.
1) Up the limit of 8 megabytes for save files to at least 32 megabytes. That should be a quick bandaid on the problem until a proper solution is found.
2) Investigate what does the save file logs redundantly, especially regarding item creation and moving. These problems possibly come from Witcher 3, mind you. There, you crafted everything once. Maybe the game tracks what has been crafted and adds to a list of "HAS BEEN CRAFTED" somewhere, which countinually updates after every cycle.

What I'll do:
Gonna make a new character where I craft NOTHING, keep track of my save game size and get back at you. Will keep you posted.
Post automatically merged:

Fresh manual save just in, size 1155 kilobyte. Much more reasonable.

Walking about 10 meters increased the save size by 5 kilobytes. Yikes.

Standing still does NOT increase save file.

Left the game running for about 2 minutes while going afk, character was just standing still. No increase.

Walking further increased the file with an additional kilobyte.

Mind you, this is still in the very first room of the prologue for a Corpo.

Taking DataShards up increase the save file size by 1 kilobyte

Picking up items does not seem to increase the save file size.

Keep in mind, margin of error is about 1 kilobyte, as I'm simply looked at the save file through the standard windows explorer.

Should provide some additional intel for fixing this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom