Regeneration

+
Hello there,
I quite don't understand why HP regeneration is still not working at all.
I've started a new character after recent patches and thought it might be a good Idea to test some issues I had with my older ones.
Do I miss something or is HP Regen just a problem for me?
Right before entering combat I've used food and and water to gain passive regen. In addtion I spent a skill point in the combat regen perk from athletics.
I've let my HP drop down to assumingly 20% in combat. Then hid behind cover and stared for 5 min (!) at my HP without any regeneration at all.
I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem...

Hello there,
I quite don't understand why HP regeneration is still not working at all.
I've started a new character after recent patches and thought it might be a good Idea to test some issues I had with my older ones.
Do I miss something or is HP Regen just a problem for me?
Right before entering combat I've used food and and water to gain passive regen. In addtion I spent a skill point in the combat regen perk from athletics.
I've let my HP drop down to assumingly 20% in combat. Then hid behind cover and stared for 5 min (!) at my HP without any regeneration at all.
I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem...

I am happy you brought this up. I was wondering that as well as I never saw the HP rise. But the HP "potions" are plentiful so it covers up this issue.

Well, little tips :)

Food regenerate health out of combat. It's only one or two perk who help "passive health regen" in combat. One in Body (very very very low regen in combat... maybe broken perk. i don't realy test it) and one in Cold blood (increase health regen in/out combat). But none are good enough not to have to use the health items.

Drink increases stamina regen in/out combat (but it's way better to invest into perk in body or dext, if you want to play melee fight).

Last edited:
Well, little tips :)

Food regenerate health out of combat. It's only one or two perk who help health regen in combat. One in Body (very low regen in combat) and one in Cold blood (increase health regen in/out combat). But none are good enough not to have to use the health items.

Drink increases stamina regen in/out combat (but it's way better to invest into perk in body or dext, if you want to play melee fight).

Thank you, but have you really seen with your own eyes the HP bar go up? I have those perks and I still do not see it raise. But also I play with extremely low health as I like one hit kill combat anyway. So maybe that effects the situation.

I never seen (and tested) the one who slowly regen your health in body (too slow in very hard anyway). if my health goes down too much, i'm probably dead few moments later :D (the one regen out of combat 70% of your health, yes it work. but not usefull in this case).

In cold blood it work, but you need to have cold blood charge actived (so have already defeated enemies).

And in dexterity, it also work, but it's for specific blade build. Same for Street Brawler, you need to invest some perk points in it :)

If you not play a street brawler's build or with blade's build, you'll need to health yourself ;)

It just makes me sad to see how basic gameplay improvements per perk just don't work...
Tested this HP regen issue back in dec 2020 and in jan 2021... now again... And this HP regen bug is just the tip.
If we players are forced to work around existing gameplay issues... then this game s not worth any cent

Guest 4400165

Thank you, but have you really seen with your own eyes the HP bar go up? I have those perks and I still do not see it raise. But also I play with extremely low health as I like one hit kill combat anyway. So maybe that effects the situation.
I have, from the perk in Cold Blood, no points or perks in Body/Athletics. It activates with a Cold Blood status active (after you kill somebody, stealthily or not), obviously, and starts regenerating after, I dunno, 5 secs or something. So, you'll still need to take cover, because it will stop if you're hit or use the inhaler.

I have another character with 20 Body and the perk in Athletics (and most likely in Cold Blood, too), I'll test how that works, 'cause I don't remember.

It used to completely not work before the patches, IIRC.

(Off-topic: If you're getting 1 shot in combat, there is something not right - try getting more armor and get some Subdermal Armor.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have, from the perk in Cold Blood, no points or perks in Body/Athletics. It activates with a Cold Blood status active (after you kill somebody, stealthily or not), obviously, and starts regenerating after, I dunno, 5-10 secs or something.

I have another character with 20 Body and the perk in Athletics (and most likely in Cold Blood, too), I'll test how that works, 'cause I don't remember.

It used to be completely not working before the patches, IIRC.

MY BAD then, I am only on the first patch and the hot fix. I am not upgrading anymore until there is new content because I do not get any bugs that make me want to take a risk on upgrading and breaking my mods.

But I knew I dud not see that HP rise! :D

Guest 4400165

MY BAD then, I am only on the first patch and the hot fix. I am not upgrading anymore until there is new content because I do not get any bugs that make me want to take a risk on upgrading and breaking my mods.

But I knew I dud not see that HP rise! :D
Well, that should explain it then.

(Off-topic: If you're getting 1 shot in combat, there is something not right - try getting more armor and get some Subdermal Armor.)

:ROFLMAO:

NO NO NO no no you misunderstood... lol that is the way I LIKE IT!!!!

" I like one hit kill combat anyway" - by lunatic player

All immersive striving combat games should be that way, more immersion, less "arcade " game play. You learn to act realistically.
But than I do not really consider myself a "gamer"; I am more of a virtual reality addict. Like you would find on a "Holodeck" combat game.

So that is just me.

To be Honest I do use armor as that is realistic, but 10000000 hp is not. The difference (in well made games) is that the armor can be by passed in some ways such as location hits or weapon type vrs the armor type.

One of the mods I made for Skyrim included hitting gaps in armor. The various armors had varied and different armor gaps (along with movement and weight and protection and fatigue use , pros and cons to the armor). OH MAN did THAT change the way you went into battle!

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

:ROFLMAO:

NO NO NO no no you misunderstood... lol that is the way I LIKE IT!!!!

" I like one hit kill combat anyway" - by lunatic player

All immersive striving combat games should be that way, more immersion, less "arcade " game play. You learn to act realistically.
But than I do not really consider myself a "gamer"; I am more of a virtual reality addict. Like you would find on a "Holodeck" combat game.

So that is just me.

To be Honest I do use armor as that is realistic, but 10000000 hp is not. The difference (in well made games) is that the armor can be by passed in some ways such as location hits or weapon type vrs the armor type.

One of the mods I made for Skyrim included hitting gaps in armor. The various armors had varied and different armor gaps (along with movement and weight and protection and fatigue use , pros and cons to the armor). OH MAN did THAT change the way you went into battle!
Oh, I see then, I can dig that. I wouldn't mind the combat where you one- or two-shot enemies and so do they. Usually it's this BS, where enemies are bullet-sponges and you're 1-2 hits for them.
I guess making that kinda combat would require creating complexity and sacrificing quantity, because we're used to killing a lot of enemies in our games.

The mod seems very neat, I'd try that if I could play anything on PC.

Top Bottom