Regina Jones kills random guy ?

+
Theorically, we could suppose that is Regina :(
Or maybe Max who is not happy to wait here and throw a guy out the window :D
But I think, it's a random "jump", that happen in many place. But I never see that at this place, that's for sure.

I've seen it in my last playthrough. I thought he wanted to try the floating Cyberware 8ug8ear has! :shrug:

Attachments

• 20210628203627_1.jpg
    20210628203627_1.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 113
Theorically, we could suppose that is Regina :(
Or maybe Max who is not happy to wait here and throw a guy out the window :D
But I think, it's a random "jump", that happen in many place. But I never see that at this place, that's for sure.
I encountered this right at the start of the game way before saving max

I loaded up the current build to have a play yesterday and within moments out of getting out of the car on the way to the ripperdoc someone had thrown themselves off a building. They didn't faceplant though, they landed on their feet and walked away. Not sure it's intended behaviour.

I kept an eye out for him after reading this and this happened.

20210812232000_1.jpg

20210812232013_1.jpg

After falling to the ground next to me he got back up and upon finishing his stand-up animation he reappeared cowering in the sky above me.

This is probably nothing but it is thought provoking, I don't think this was just randomly put there and I don't think it is a bug what do you guys think ?
I'm late for the party, but I can confirm this isn't a bug and it happens everytime you get close for the first time. Have experienced it in all my playtrhoughs. This isn't the only suicide in game, I remember seeing another one but I can't remember the exact location. This one is memorable though

Hey,
based on working with Redkit for Witcher 2, I believe that this is how the spawning system works.

I believe that it's because of getting the correct NPC collision with the terrain (and solid meshes).
This can be useful if you e.g. move or rebuild some parts of the map, and don't want to manually adjust the spawn points.

So I think that the actual problem here is that the NPCs are spawned too close to the player and (so) the engine calculates the physics and fall damage for them.

In Redkit, there are something like "invisible spawn areas", with which you can spawn NPCs/monsters before the player enters/gets to see the location. Maybe, in that case, they take no damage and proceed normally with their AI routines.

So, I find this to be either a bug/optimization with/for the streaming, or with the "invisible spawn area" being too small.

Hey,
based on working with Redkit for Witcher 2, I believe that this is how the spawning system works.

I believe that it's because of getting the correct NPC collision with the terrain (and solid meshes).
This can be useful if you e.g. move or rebuild some parts of the map, and don't want to manually adjust the spawn points.

So I think that the actual problem here is that the NPCs are spawned too close to the player and (so) the engine calculates the physics and fall damage for them.

In Redkit, there are something like "invisible spawn areas", with which you can spawn NPCs/monsters before the player enters/gets to see the location. Maybe, in that case, they take no damage and proceed normally with their AI routines.

So, I find this to be either a bug/optimization with/for the streaming, or with the "invisible spawn area" being too small.
Maybe you're right (probably), but all of those dudes who fall from the buildings are intended. There is some random event everywhere in the City who happen once (only one time in the whole game) when you come across. Like the car explosions or the dude who "jump" from a building.

Maybe you're right (probably), but all of those dudes who fall from the building are intended. There is some random event everywhere in the City who happen once (only one time in the whole game) when you come across. Like the car explosions or the dude who "jump" from a building.
I don't believe so.

Don't forget that cars also explode if they take damage.
So it actually once again may be a problem with the spawning, fall damage, etc...

I don't believe so.

So it actually once again may be a problem with the spawning, fall damage, etc...
Nope, the idea there (it's always a corpo guy in those "jump" event), his boss "resigned" him and did not want to pay his departure allowances (In this case, maybe Regina) or the stresses of up to 80 hours of work per week ended up taking their toll on his mental health and he ended up jumping.

And for car explosion, it's also an event. You see a guy who smoke, after a moment enter in the car and the car explode with no reason (car bomb).
Look here, few screenshots, it's hilarious when it happen. I'm not tired to see it :)
You can see it, right next to the Judy apartment. If it not happen before because it happen only once in the whole game. But there are more pretty much everywhere.

Last edited:
I don't believe so.

Another "jumping corpo dude" event in Santo Domingo ;)
(it always happen when you go exactly there for the first time and it will never happen after. So it's not random, it's not a bug, it's "intended" to happen only one time when you are nearby).
f3687c50-1fe6-49f1-9963-49f895c67b88.PNG1ab36ebc-2af0-4e8f-9db8-9e97685b410c.PNG76abbcc7-5dd4-45d0-bcdc-a612336bb8ac.PNG

Top Bottom