Regina stealthy missions ends up not so stealthy.

+
I never had too much problem with stealth.

In the mission where you get that boxer dude. I stealth hacked the guy in front of the building, two shots. Nobody came outside so I took the backdoor. Theres a other guy behind a nearby door. Snuck past him. Theres two guys downstairs. Stealth takedown the guy who's slapping the boxer whatever his name is. Carefully sneaked past the other dude. Left as fast but stealthfully as possible. Boxer followed and as soon as we got outside it was game over... I went back to zero everyone else after getting my bonus reward.

In the GPS car mission, theres a side door that I took. I waited until I could sneak over to the car when there weren't several eyes on it. There was still one guy left. Turned his eyes off and quickly snuck past him. Put the GPS on. Climbed on a nearby crate and barely managed to jump over the fence.

These are two examples off the top of my head. Could they have been done differently? Probably! I'm mostly just like you guys... I'm not particularly skilled at stealh games, but I actually did like the stealth missions. Kinda. Yea. They were a pain In the a**. I saved multiple times mid mission so i wouldn't lose the in mission progress just in case...

That being said... when i finally completed the missions. The rewards were not worth it per say... but I enjoyed finishing them stealthfully like, "yeah I did it! What. What! Square up!". Wait... I'm getting carried away. My point is... is was tricky but a little fun.

The cyber psycho missions are all cool. They are all unique encounters. They all have backstories and some sad reason for turning psycho. Its neat being a detective for a brief moment and then stumbling either immidiatly upon the psycho or upon traps leading up to them. On a few occasions you'll see people fight them and quickly die. Which only adds to the threat level these people can possess. Overall. Personally. I've had a ton of fun doing Regina's missions. She had a bunch, but... it's not like the game forces you to do side missions, and all those side missions make the game fun anyways. More cyber psychos and side missions the better in my opinion.

Too much experience from AC and DE. Only downside I've found is too many NPCs with their back to a wall and you can't sneak grab them, forcing you to use a quickhack distract on some device to pull them away. Whistle, what a waste, pulls the target to you and can't do anything with that.

A shame there is little C&C. Displeasing a fixer too many times should result in him not calling V anymore.
(But, afterwards, people would complain that game is too punishing...).

Unfortunately the game is not dynamic to take into account several sceanrios according to V's playing style.
I wish the game was that dynamic. If your play style is not as stealthfully as some fixers would like, you get more calls from ones that don't mind a little mess.

Like one mission from Padre, you have to kill a cook at a bar full of people. And do it on the quiet. How? Am I missing a back door? So I don't know if I am just ooze inpatient or what... but it doesn't seem possible.

I wish the game was that dynamic. If your play style is not as stealthfully as some fixers would like, you get more calls from ones that don't mind a little mess.

Like one mission from Padre, you have to kill a cook at a bar full of people. And do it on the quiet. How? Am I missing a back door? So I don't know if I am just ooze inpatient or what... but it doesn't seem possible.
:p Yep there is a backdoor, able to open the door, lean in and shoot just the target no one else and job is done. After handing in clear the rest and get the loot.

I never had too much problem with stealth.

In the mission where you get that boxer dude. I stealth hacked the guy in front of the building, two shots. Nobody came outside so I took the backdoor. Theres a other guy behind a nearby door. Snuck past him. Theres two guys downstairs. Stealth takedown the guy who's slapping the boxer whatever his name is. Carefully sneaked past the other dude. Left as fast but stealthfully as possible. Boxer followed and as soon as we got outside it was game over... I went back to zero everyone else after getting my bonus reward.

In the GPS car mission, theres a side door that I took. I waited until I could sneak over to the car when there weren't several eyes on it. There was still one guy left. Turned his eyes off and quickly snuck past him. Put the GPS on. Climbed on a nearby crate and barely managed to jump over the fence.

I successfully stealthed Gimme Danger and that felt like a really big win. Yes, stealth is quite hard in this gamr; but because it's hard, when you get it right it feels good.

msxyz

Forum regular

Now that I think of it, there are two missions from Padre in which if you simply knock out the target, instead of straight out killing him, Padre will remark something about not having a dirty conscience and that he respects it (but the pay is lower). So, in at least a few cases, fixer will demand a bloody conclusion ;)

If the Mission requires stealth I'll use it to try and complete without any casualties, makes the game a slightly harder challenge.

but I just love picking off the bad guys with silenced weapons one by one, seeing how far I can get without being detected.

I did one of Regina's missions both stealthy and guns blazing, on 2 different characters, and got the same disappointed response so I gave up on stealth.

When I did it stealthy, Regina said I did a preem job and quiet as a mouse. She didn't phrase it like that but it was relatively similar...

Stealth missions are really trivialized if you get the double jump cyberware. Most of the hard ones you can double jump your way through.

First playthrough didn't put any points in cool, still managed to do all stealth missions in less than 3 tries.

If the Mission requires stealth I'll use it to try and complete without any casualties, makes the game a slightly harder challenge.

but I just love picking off the bad guys with silenced weapons one by one, seeing how far I can get without being detected.
So, holy crap. Silencers work? Okay. I have been grinding them for components. Crap.. makes total sense though.

On a different note, regina did in fact asked me to leave a smoking crater where a glitter factory once stood. That was my cup of tea. I actually practiced my stealth since I knew I couldn't fail.

I am saving up for the coyote folks... need a preem ride before I get to the races okay.

I love stealth mode and Ive tried to execute most of missions in that way. Gives me way much more satisfacion to enter and exit undeteced.

Would be nice to have couple more animations for grabbing people from behind as one or two is not much. There is problem with people by the wall but you can force them to move and attack from behind anyway.

(But, afterwards, people would complain that game is too punishing...)
That's why you would have other fixers lined up to replace them. That would cater to that play style. You kill too many cops. Regina screws you. Sasquatch comes in. I see you like killing cops and are good at psycho's. How about you steal their tech for us. While you give the Animal gang something more to the story in the process. People are being punished acting as a errand boy for cops. Especially after you get junk for doing all those Psycho missions. Because of that and Slippy being unable to be reporgramed to like you as a option to make the gun work 100%. I don't bother doing any of Regina's missions in replays. If I go near one, I just walk away. I'm not invested in missions I don't get good payouts in the end of them.

Last edited:
Um, wow why are we going on about stealth? To complete the missions for Regina you do NOT need stealth, she just does not want you to KILL the target. This is because she wants her doctors to study and maybe rehabilitate the targets!

So I just attack the targets legs! Works easy Peasy! Using Satori katana it only takes a few whacks on the legs but this will work with any weapon except Skippy set to head shot! ;)

Even though I kind of hate stealth in games I did think Oblivion had one of the best mechanics for it, the game actually took the LIGHT level into its calculations to determine if an NPC detected you or not. You could go from shadow to shadow to keep unseen, but if you stepped into the light you greatly increased the NPC calculations (not RND actually a pass fail calculation) to see you. I was amused that this was a calculation and not dice roll when almost the entire rest of the game was dice rolls. And at the time I remember wishing oblivion and other games would do the more of this (calculations rather than dice rolls) because I was into the virtual reality and simulation for games way before it was a more popular idea.

Oblivion's biggest problem with Stealth was that once you mastered it you could stand right in front of the NPC and they would not see you. They needed to include a distance/direction check so if you were in 5 feet and they are facing you it would negate any sneak. I fixed this for my vampire mod (just for the vampire's) and other mods fixed this in general eventually.

Last edited:
Stealth in Cp2077 is an added challenge for me. When asked to do it, I do it because its harder than just running in and shooting everyone. Cyberpsycho doesnt have to be done in stealth, just use non lethal cyberware and shoot them. The other stealth missions can all be done in stealth and you do not need to specialize in hacking either. Just being able to distract enemies, shut off camera's and maybe reboot optics, is all you need.
An easy way to do the GPS mission? I had double jump when I did this and when standing in front of the main gate, you go to the right outside the perimeter and at the side of the building you can jump over the fence where you only have to deal with one robot and two human guards; the sniper up top and the guard that walks up to the car. There is enough cover to avoid being seen and you can exit the place via the same way you entered.

Now if you want full payout and loot, its simple; You jump over the fence once you installed the GPS, walk far enough for Regina to call you and congratulate on a stealth mission success and jump over the fence again into the yard and kill everyone. Most stealth missions allow this.

Top Bottom