Regional variations / censorship

+
Regional variations / censorship

hello , forgive me if this the wrong place to ask , but

will the middle east version include sexual content ?
or it will removed ??
and thanks :)

I know right. The made it so that Geralt automatically declined offers in the Australian version of the witcher 2 unless it was Triss or Ves :C

Knowing Australian censorship. they're probably going to do it again despite rating it R. I don't understand why, we're such advocates of nudist lifestyle :\

I have the GOG copy ready to face stupid cultural reasons of censorship

The Australian GOG copy of tw2 was censored, just a warning. I have no idea how that even worked, but I can also confirm that mods (or rather, tampering with a few lines of code) fixed it. What was the Middle Eastern version of tw2 like in regards to censorship?

The Australian GOG copy of tw2 was censored, just a warning. I have no idea how that even worked, but I can also confirm that mods (or rather, tampering with a few lines of code) fixed it. What was the Middle Eastern version of tw2 like in regards to censorship?

There was no "Middle Eastern" version as far as I know, the copies I got were European versions so they were not censored at all, but if there are Middle Eastern versions for Witcher 3 that are censored, I will definitely use mods to fix it.

The Australian GOG copy of tw2 was censored, just a warning. I have no idea how that even worked, but I can also confirm that mods (or rather, tampering with a few lines of code) fixed it.

There were two(?) small files missing in the AU version. If you had those files, and put them in the correct directory, it was no longer censored.

There seems to have been some info coming through in the last couple of weeks about the ratings in different countries, so I assume that CDPR and their distributors reached the point some time ago where they could submit for rating with the different authorities. I haven't seen anything on ME yet.

I know right. The made it so that Geralt automatically declined offers in the Australian version of the witcher 2 unless it was Triss or Ves :C

Knowing Australian censorship. they're probably going to do it again despite rating it R. I don't understand why, we're such advocates of nudist lifestyle :\

The Australian edition was censored under a game rating policy that has since been changed. So, please, don't make speculations about what Australia or anybody else will do without actual evidence based on current conditions and this game.

Update: The Witcher 3 was rated R18+ under the revised system, without censorship; the ACB mentioned "high impact violence and sex". "High impact" seems to mean graphic and intense, but justified by the story, not gratuitous or exploitative. They still have bans on depicting sexual violence, and drug use as an incentive or reward, but the game does not offend against either of these. Fair enough.

Last edited:
hello , forgive me if this the wrong place to ask , but

will the middle east version include sexual content ?
or it will removed ??
and thanks :)

Short story: Yes it will include sexual content, as in not censored.

Long story: CD RED has never addressed that their game will be censored anywhere but rather it's a question for publishers in you countries, which rating they will place on the game. Seeing as you know probably better than most people here whether it's been any debate in the Middle East regarding censorship and Witcher 3 I'm quite confident that the game won't be censored... Unless something pops up prior to release of course.

Since the game also is using sex scenes as cinematic instead of Witcher 1 sex cards, it's also more work for CD RED to actually address this. Essentially they have to change/censor not only sex scenes but any scene including genitals, which for example would mean scenes that's very important regarding the actual story. The GoG versions will be DRM-free and uncensored no matter which country you are from so there's also that.

I recommend you cautiously expect an uncensored version for all areas unless anything else is stated, because I can't see CD RED actually having time censoring the game at the current time, since it hasn't been mentioned anywhere that it otherwise would.

Last edited:
Seriously? We can marry Triss... Well that's got to be a sour discussion when we meet Yen.

RIP Triss ...

Short story: Yes it will include sexual content, as in not censored.

I actually checked the list of banned games, and the Order 1886 was actually banned in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for "Nudity" so now I pretty much expect a censored version of Witcher 3 at least in those two countries.

As for my country, as much as I hate living in it, they do not have laws that censor videogames as of yet and I doubt there ever will be, so we don't have game versions catered to Jordan itself so we can get any version we want ( whether it is American, European etc ...) though most big retail stores here like Virgin Megastores (ha ha, funny ...) have most of their games as the UAE version because that is where they import most of their games so they just ship them to my country, but I am glad that I am lucky in this regard.

So @Captain__Arabia, I hope you have a PC ready or at least mentally ready to play a censored version on the consoles, just in case, I doubt it will happen, but be ready, because Witcher 3 is going to have dicks, as the master Blacha himself confirmed http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/21066-The-Witcher-3-Wishlist?p=1414989&viewfull=1#post1414989

And I really doubt the game will be accepted in its current state in Saudi Arabia, so be ready.

RIP Triss ...

I actually checked the list of banned games, and the Order 1886 was actually banned in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for "Nudity" so now I pretty much expect a censored version of Witcher 3 at least in those two countries.

As for my country, as much as I hate living in it, they do not have laws that censor videogames as of yet and I doubt there ever will be, so we don't have game versions catered to Jordan itself so we can get any version we want ( whether it is American, European etc ...) though most big retail stores here like Virgin Megastores (ha ha, funny ...) have most of their games as the UAE version because that is where they import most of their games so they just ship them to my country, but I am glad that I am lucky in this regard.

So @Captain__Arabia , I hope you have a PC ready or at least mentally ready to play a censored version on the consoles, just in case, I doubt it will happen, but be ready, because Witcher 3 is going to have dicks, as the master Blacha himself confirmed http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/21066-The-Witcher-3-Wishlist?p=1414989&viewfull=1#post1414989

And I really doubt the game will be accepted in its current state in Saudi Arabia, so be ready.

What I'm afraid is CD PROJECT will cancel the Arabic language when TW3 banned .
even if TW3 banned there's easy way to find a hidden copy :cool:
so i don't care if it banned
as long as Arabic language in the game , I'm Comfortable :)

What I'm afraid is CD PROJECT will cancel the Arabic language when TW3 banned .
even if TW3 banned there's easy way to find a hidden copy :cool:
so i don't care if it banned
as long as Arabic language in the game , I'm Comfortable :)

I really doubt CDPR would cancel the Arabic subtitles as they already invested in it, so even if TW3 gets either banned or censored in Saudi Arabia in example, some people would still want to play the game with the Arabic subtitles, so no, it won't be cancelled, at least, I hope it won't :p (even though I won't use it, except when using polish voice overs with Arabic subtitles in one of the playthroughs, that will be an experience :p)

Will be there regional differences in TW3?

I'm not sure if this was asked already or not. Feel free to merge this thread if it was.

Will be there some regional differences in TW3 similar to how TW2 had censored content in some regions, like Succubus' story for example?

There are no changes for Germany at least.

https://www.facebook.com/DEthewitcher?fref=nf

Don't know about other regions.

Censor Censorship: blood, gore, nudity, sex, etc

I may be remembering this wrong, but didn't one of the previous Witcher games get censored in some countries; but if you had purchased the game elsewhere, or through the digital download you got the "directors cut" (i.e. the game the way it was intended to be??

So here is my question. Does it look like this will happen with The Witcher 3? AND if so, what are the suggested ways to aquire the game as the game creators intended it to be?

I may be remembering this wrong, but didn't one of the previous Witcher games get censored in some countries; but if you had purchased the game elsewhere, or through the digital download you got the "directors cut" (i.e. the game the way it was intended to be??

So here is my question. Does it look like this will happen with The Witcher 3? AND if so, what are the suggested ways to aquire the game as the game creators intended it to be?

You're quite right: the sex cards of The Witcher were originally censored in some countries, and certain sex scenes in The Witcher 2 were cut for others. I would assume that the digital edition from GOG.com will have everything, but that is the limit of my knowledge.

Actually, on GOG that censored version ended up in way more regions than just Australia.

Top Bottom