Regis and Ciri effect

+
With homecoming coming on consoles I am searching youtube , learning card abilities so that I can decide which cards to craft. So I have question about those 2 cards effects.

1. Ciri - returns to hand when you lose a round.

My question is does she needs to be on board in order for this effect to trigger. What if she is send on graveyard and I lose the round will she still return to my hand ?

2. Regis - Damage all enemies on row. If any were destroyed repeat this ability.

Now if for example opponent only has germain piquant (4 point) with 4 cows (1 point each) and I play Regis he will destroy 4 cows , does that mean Regis will repeat his ability 4 more times ( considering he destroyed 4 cows) . Or does he need to destroy unit each time he repeats ability in order to trigger it again.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'll just add that Regis is still insanely powerful, specially in this 'witcher trio everywhere' meta.

You dont even need to bother with putting all enemy units on same row, you just need to damage a bit to create a "ladder" (a 1pt unit, 2, 3, 4,...), and he'll provide way more value than pratically all the other golds.

TL;DR: get Regis before he's nerfed

You dont even need to bother with putting all enemy units on same row, you just need to damage a bit to create a "ladder" (a 1pt unit, 2, 3, 4,...), and he'll provide way more value than pratically all the other golds.

Feel free to correct my math but 1+2+3+4+5=15. Add 2 for the body and Regis is worth 17. That'd be 5 units. 6 is 23 and 7 is 30. 4 would be... drumroll... 12. So unless you wrecking 5+ units and losing no value Regis isn't exactly god tier.

Feel free to correct my math but 1+2+3+4+5=15. Add 2 for the body and Regis is worth 17. That'd be 5 units. 6 is 23 and 7 is 30. 4 would be... drumroll... 12. So unless you wrecking 5+ units and losing no value Regis isn't exactly god tier.
I liked you, right up til you made me do maths.

Real talk.

Regis is very impressive, but he doesn't generate more value than most golds. It's good value but it's not out of this world. Consider Aglais who doubles every boost you give her. Consider Schirru for instance, who will give you even more value than Regis because you don't need to drop any units to 1 or 2 points. If your target is 4 points for instance, 5 dead units is gonna give you 20 points (+ Schirru's 4-pt body). And that's just Scoia'tael.

And speaking of ST, many people are used to seeing Regis in ST decks because of Eithne, but in actual actuality Regis DOES become god tier in Skellige decks that run things like Craiteswords and Dagur Two Blades.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
I WAS using Regis in SK, or other factions other than SC... Because i really dont like SC, lets just leave it at that.

Also your math fails to take into account the damage it makes on units with same value. The most frequent scenario is when the opponent plays witcher trio, and he'll probably end up putting 3-4 more units on that row, making Regis easily +20pts.

Ofc in a short round, or vs BS decks like artefact spam he's useless. And vs decks that are able to buff everything to deny multiple waves, but its easier to line up for a Regis than to prevent it. IMO, Regis is still in the top 5 cards in Gwent right now.

Top Bottom