Regis and scorch literally unplayable due to ''Initiative''

+
Who even make those changes? Doesnt make any sense i tried to play ''fun'' deck with regis it was hard before to make a set up for good regis or scorch and now with 13 provision lol try playing him, escpecially with annoying high units or buffing decks. Idk why devs butchered half of the cards in the game. After gaunter expansion game had breath of new life. People were coming back.

But last patch ruined it all over again. As a veteran gwent player i feel disguisted playing this game right now. It's such a mess and unpleasent experience. I asked few people how they feel about it almost all feel the same they just play cause of crowns and Ciri stuff.

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

The initiative change was good. I know in the case of Regis it was controversial but they had good reasons for it.
I get it, it's fun to scorch/Regis your opponent for a million points when you're the one dishing it out.
But it makes for very binary/boring gameplay where your opponent gets to set/up in one turn leaving you with no possible way to play around it. In scorches case though the initiative change doesn't really even matter.
Nobody plays scorch and therefor nobody will respect it enough to ever play around it.

I know this from experience after using it in pro ladder recently. I agree with you that the provisions for scorch/Regis are too high now that they have initiative.

I think butchering card to the ground is not an answer takes whole fun from the game and pretty much restrict you to play only meta decks.

You know i am right just play games on ladder. Decks are exact copies of eachother and if you try to play your own deck - you'll get detroyed and want to uninstall the game for example not long ago i tried to play blood moon and vampires and got absolutely anihilated and countered.

Why those cards even exist if you cant play them, another example Sihil. Most of the cases provision just dont match the real value of the card or ability/effect is outdated.

I could make a very long list of unplayable cards. Remember wolfsbane?

Please explain to me how its healthy to have impera and bal and yenner removal spell - control tempo and removals and not be allowed to use scorch or regis? For me right now either you have answer for some deck or not.

By that logic why shiru dont have initative its like scorch and you almost cant play around it?

Before it got nerfed ive seen scorch one in a 50 games even in pro ladder when i play almost every season. Not to mention regis i did not seen him in months no one was playing him and they nerfed him....

Well i feel really dissapointed there must be a reason less and less people want to play and watch gwent on twitch.

Just take care of old cards there is a lot of space for improvment and reworks instead this game is trying to look like old gwent just shit out milion points without any tactic and remove everything for me it promotes mindless playing where anyone can be a pro just play long enough. Thats why they put initiative in game i dont really see any other reason.

By that logic why shiru dont have initative its like scorch and you almost cant play around it?
I think Schirrú will get the initiative treatment most likely in the next patch too, people already complain about him and Devs probably didn't expected him becoming meta which will sadly kill of that card too.

With the increased Nilfgaard spy support Regis would had probably become auto include in NG Spies and would had been way to easy to line up, while I got to say that it's sad seeing Cards with interesting skills becoming almost unplayable, I think that row punishment Cards like Regis, GIgni and Yrden became quit problematic with the removal of the third row and the order Cards that let you hoard damage pings and use them whenever you want.

I think scorch was hit hardest with the initiative nerf because you usually need to build a Deck around it that doesn't run a lot of tall units because you don't want to end up Scorching you're own units as an open Beta Eithné Control main looking at initative Scorch makes me the saddest, I would prefer they remove the initiative tag from Scorch again after the 2 Cards in one Turn Leaders got reworked (no more Pincer Nenneke Scorch Cheese) and increase Scorch Provision cost to 13 or 14 instead.

I've used Scorch just fine; it's not unplayable, let alone literally so. Never was one to set it up in the first place, though, so the Initiative is all the same to me. (Also with Igni.)
Regis, same deal.

I've used Scorch just fine; it's not unplayable, let alone literally so. Never was one to set it up in the first place, though, so the Initiative is all the same to me. (Also with Igni.)
Regis, same deal.
If it was playable people would play it. I seriously did not seen scorch in months that card is dead. I had fun deck with row changing skill (before it was brouver leader ) i tried it and i was in shock that they gave Regis initiative. That is pretty much tip of the iceberg of problems that gwent has. If we pretend to not see the problem and listen to reddit experts that want to nerf everything to the ground this game has no future.

Just show me one working deck with regis or scorch and prove me wrong.

I think Schirrú will get the initiative treatment most likely in the next patch too, people already complain about him and Devs probably didn't expected him becoming meta which will sadly kill of that card too.

With the increased Nilfgaard spy support Regis would had probably become auto include in NG Spies and would had been way to easy to line up, while I got to say that it's sad seeing Cards with interesting skills becoming almost unplayable, I think that row punishment Cards like Regis, GIgni and Yrden became quit problematic with the removal of the third row and the order Cards that let you hoard damage pings and use them whenever you want.

I think scorch was hit hardest with the initiative nerf because you usually need to build a Deck around it that doesn't run a lot of tall units because you don't want to end up Scorching you're own units as an open Beta Eithné Control main looking at initative Scorch makes me the saddest, I would prefer they remove the initiative tag from Scorch again after the 2 Cards in one Turn Leaders got reworked (no more Pincer Nenneke Scorch Cheese) and increase Scorch Provision cost to 13 or 14 instead.
It was problematic before remember spears? Thats why they nerfed them and some time later they introduce new meta cards that boost long existing but unplayable before impera creating same problem as before and thus nerfing to the ground few other interesting cards.

If it was playable people would play it
That's an attitude that's to me is a sure sign further discussion is not worth pursuing. Blaming changes one doesn't like on the Reddit community while throwing a veiled insult at said community...
The use of "literally" in the thread topic was a pretty big sign as well, actually.

I personally like the fact you have to set up a play to use Regis. It takes a bit of strategy and planning instead of just point slamming yourself into a win.

rrc

Forum veteran
At that point, it would be best if the devs delete ST from the game. Shirru nonsense/shenangian is the only thing ST has now. But it wouldn't surprise me or any ST fans if devs give initiative to Shirru (or nerf him somehow very hard). We are used to it now. Bring it on CDPR.

At that point, it would be best if the devs delete ST from the game. Shirru nonsense/shenangian is the only thing ST has now. But it wouldn't surprise me or any ST fans if devs give initiative to Shirru (or nerf him somehow very hard). We are used to it now. Bring it on CDPR.
That would be good since that card is evil.

Last edited:
That's an attitude that's to me is a sure sign further discussion is not worth pursuing. Blaming changes one doesn't like on the Reddit community while throwing a veiled insult at said community...
The use of "literally" in the thread topic was a pretty big sign as well, actually.
I didnt meant to be rude. I am just little bit frustrated because i love this game 2k hours in it. Right now i really dont enjoy it. Personally i think a lot of cards need a rework and some cards shouldnt be nerfed i just dont see reasoning for it. I am just saying that i did not seen regis and scorch nowhere on ladder games on streams i checked decks online - nothing. If theres one existing deck that works and can compete with even tier2 decks i would like you to post it here. Its not that i took my opinion from nowhere i tried playing both cards and got completely anihilated my opponent did not even used his leader and last card.

Top Bottom