Reinforced Trebuchet is a little... UNFAIR!!!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most value you can get with a single Trebuchet is 18 points of power and that's if the round lasts a full 12 rounds are your opponent has viable targets. Realisticly it'll only gain around 12 points which is only 4 more points higher then a basic bronze.
Cards like Axemen and Arachas Behemoth can get ALOT higher points for a single card.

I personally think they are fine currently but a slight nerf of base strength wouldn't hurt. 4 seems a little low are makes it way to vulnerable so 5 should be perfect

Whitemage8779;n8330810 said:
Are you referring to Manticore Venom which removes 4 str from 3 adjacent cards? Cause that WON'T Kill the Reinforced Trebs, since they have 6 STR!! It'll usually cost +2 cards to destroy 1+ Reinforced Trebs unless you have that one card which deals 7 damage.
I don't care about the normal Trebs, they're fine, i'm refering to the REINFORCED TREBUCHETS!! Which have 6 str and deals 1 damage to any of your cards... EVERY! ROUND!!

Nope! I'm referring to your suggestion to make them 4 strength of course.

Imo the nerf should be primarly their hit effectiveness
They are 'operative' every turn unless removed, regardless the Str.

They should have a timer of 2.
Since a Bronze is supposed to be 8 power, saying that they live at least 4 turns if undisturbed would put the Str to 4 I'd say.

It's about the interaction from NR.
(This apply to both Siege tower and Reinforced Trebuchet)

You try to zap it with thunder/scorch. Instant resurrect from medic.
You lock it, play reaver scout and they got a new one from deck.
Or you decoy your locked card and the lock is removed and gain a small tip against igni/scorch.

Take a look at SK axeman, if you lock it. The player either play a new one/ unlock it/ decoy it.
They have no way to get a new one and have deck thinning at the same time.

But In NR, you play a 2 str card and pseudo neglect the lock mechanic.

I saw people mention stealing with Griffin, vicovaro medic.
But it is a 2 turn move, your opponents have more ground to act before you.
You won't be able to do it round 1 where people try to push for a win.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n8313000 said:
That's the theoretical maximum and the best case scenario. You should look at the average instead. On average the Reinforced Trebuchet still gets more value in most cases than a bronze should have. Reducing their strength to 4 would be a good compromise.

I agree with the reduction to 4 strength. That is inline with many bronzes with similar "value" abilities.

I enjoy playing NR. And I do play the Reinforced Trebuchet deck. Based on my experience, I fell they are in a good spot right now. Granted there is a ton of interaction with them. And it is very easy to get 3 out round 1. But they are also easy to deal with. Maybe 6 strength is a little high, but 4 strength is way too low. And you would still need to use the same card to remove them at 5 strength. Plus you need to factor in how many cards exist across the board that remove 3 strength. I would prefer to see other balances over re-working Reinforced Trebuchet at this time.

Guest 4088590

If my opponent wants to play 4 trebuchets R1 they can go for it. You have to more than one round. Ciri pass after the third trebuchet for me.

I don't think they need to be brought down to 3 or 4 STR, but 5 with a timer of every other turn might work. As they stand now they're better than YenC once promoted and they seemingly never stop coming.

Dropping them to 4 str is probably the best bet, this opens them up to removal with things like Manticore Venom and allows you an opportunity to punish greedy Treb play, 3's too low as it opens them up to Lacerate making it more or less a dead card.

Anen;n8310960 said:
maybe yen con come with limitation like can target 2 cards maximum. -2 STR every turn is much.

lets count how much STR they can remove till the end of round:
Maxium : 4 Trebuchet x 6 STR = 24 STR
Reduce STR : 4 Trebuchet x 4 STR losing x 11 turn = - 176 STR reducing
Total : 200 STR advantage

Lol that's not how maths work :)
You have 4 Trebuchet x 1STR losing (they only deal 1 damage) x 11 turn = 44 STR reducing
Total : 68

And you can only play 4 of them if you use the duplicate card ability. For now you can only use 3.

Every faction has his pros and cons. Skellige for example with the double strength on all weakened units. (and they weaken themselves..)

I wouldn't really change it TBH,

Trantyn;n8378800 said:
I don't think they need to be brought down to 3 or 4 STR, but 5 with a timer of every other turn might work. As they stand now they're better than YenC once promoted and they seemingly never stop coming.

Yen C is most definitely the stronger card because of the fact that she is neutral and goes in any faction deck and can be crafted for a mere 200 scrap. Plus the way her multiple targeting ability works she slowly mows down the units with the highest strength adding more and more units to the group she is targeting as the turns progress. Yen C should really require 800 scrap to create. Practically every single deck has her in there somewhere.

As far as the Reinforced Trebuchet goes, if they were to add a one turn delay to the damage ability they should definitely buff it's strength but I think it should be buffed to around 8 or so. I was thinking that like the whole time I was reading through this thread cause honestly, you add in that delay and it seriously takes the bite out of that card big time.

I dont use YenC i find it risky. But i totaly agree with trebuchet beeing to strong because its get promoted by kenselt then uses Yenefer with Chironex which is mega OP!!!

every NR deck you see is a treb deck with medics. add a Yen to that mix and it gets really stupid really fast. Of course the NR players think the card is fine but it needs tweeking for sure IMO. Reload or 4 str would work

DaFreakshow;n8505950 said:
every NR deck you see is a treb deck with medics. add a Yen to that mix and it gets really stupid really fast. Of course the NR players think the card is fine but it needs tweeking for sure IMO. Reload or 4 str would work

Or simply make them banish when put to graveyard. The revive spam combos way too good with trebuchets. 3 trebuchets can easily become 8 or more and that's just nasty.

[COLOR=3366CC]This thread was about the situation in closed beta. Now that open beta has launched and everything has changed, this thread is no longer representative for the current situation. Thus I am closing it.[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom