Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+
Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

Game of the Year Edition includes the critically acclaimed base game, winner of over 250 GOTY awards and most lauded game of 2015 with over 800 awards in total, both expansion packs -- Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine -- and every piece of downloadable content, as well as every update and improvement ever released.

Watch the announcement video here.

The game will release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 30th, 2016. In select territories and sales channels the game will be available as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition.

A shame that this will also mean this is the end of the "support" for Witcher 3, so the problems the last act of the main story will never be addressed with badly needed content like in Witcher 2, but all in all, a well-deserved GOTY edition, the only time I can think a game actually deserved its GOTY edition hands down.

Last edited:
GOTY Editions are just strategic re-releases usually anyway, not an award.

True, they are mainly used for that now, but it is disappointing that this will be the end, they said they were not planning an Enhanced Edition of Witcher 3 anyway, but I sadly had a bit of hope that this won't be just a "GOTY Edition".

GOTY Editions are just strategic re-releases usually anyway, not an award.

Right. Many devs use the term "GOTY edition" why TW3 deserves the title for sure.

The main reason why they did such a version is probably for people that were complaining, that they have slow internet and download one patch and the expansions would take several weeks :D

So I guess it's great for people that wanted everything in a DVD box, without downloading anything :)

Also watching the trailer: Is it just me, or does Geralt's face look a bit different?

True, they are mainly used for that now, but it is disappointing that this will be the end, they said they were not planning an Enhanced Edition of Witcher 3 anyway, but I sadly had a bit of hope that this won't be just a "GOTY Edition".

They also said that about TW2 IIRC, and similarly lied about their being NG+. That said it's our fault for pre-ordering. There's no reason to ever do that.

Very nice and well deserved! I won't lie and say that a part of me is disappointed that this means we're officially not getting an Enhanced Edition. Mainly because that means elements from The Witcher II will remain underdeveloped (lack of closure for some key characters, the conclusion to the war, etc.) but it is what it is.

Looking forward to the final patch so I can finally do my New Game + play through with all the expansions and patches and get the best ending.

Also, could this possibly mean that, after the downloading the final patch, we'll get the original menu theme again? I miss it :(

It's not like you to release such a meaningless re-branding, what is happening to you? I wish you would stay in-line with your previous releases and bring out an Enhanced Edition. If you do do not, then I personally feel that CDPR have changed, and become more capitalist and will continue to fall into that pit of greed.

Top Bottom