Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+

Attachments

• Iorveth o-ok.jpg
    Iorveth o-ok.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 104
It's not like you to release such a meaningless re-branding, what is happening to you? I wish you would stay in-line with your previous releases and bring out an Enhanced Edition. If you do do not, then I personally feel that CDPR have changed, and become more capitalist and will continue to fall into that pit of greed.

I never understoof what people loved about the name "Enchanced" but don't like the word "GOTY".... Seriously though, do you know the complete store of the CDPR company and their two first games?

Like for example Witcher 2, that had to be released with an "unfinished" act 3 , because of the financial siatuation cdpr was in? So after a while, they decided to "PATCH THE GAME" by giving us an Enchanced edition. Today we are in 2016 and we got like over 10 patches, some of them were huge (for example re-doing the whole inventory). You start your PC, you patch your game and you are fine. So what exactly is the difference between these great patches that you download online and that ONE big patch called Enchanced edition. Is it the battle arena that was added in TW2? Or was it the Dark Mode? I would like to get some clarification, before you say that someone is falling in "a pit of greed" after they supported their game with that many patches, shame on you!

I agree that a Linux support would be cool, same as 100 other things but after reading something like that, I feel like CDPR would get HATE after they would give you Linux support, except you call it: "The Witcher 3: Enchanced Edition." Now with Linux support-patch -.-

Why would they be hated for releasing the Linux version?

You have to read my whole post. I was refering to the guy who said "It's not like you to release such a meaningless re-branding, what is happening to you? I wish you would stay in-line with your previous releases and bring out an Enhanced Edition."

Pls read my post first. I explain there that I find such explanation weird: Since it looks like the word "Enchanced" is giving extra value to the game, while "GOTY Edition" is not. That was my point.

The difference is Enhanced Edition is fixing admitted mistakes, GOTY Edition is just a re-release.

No. There is no difference. Like I said, it's 2015/2016: We got many patches OnLiNe. Which is basicaly what an Enchanced edition was back in 2012: It was a Package of patches and the base game. Nothing more!

"GOTY is just a re-release": So is an enchanced edition... If you bought The Witcher 2 at Release, you could update to the Enchanceed Edition FOR FREE! Exactly the same like with the GOTY edition....

Last edited:
so - just making sure here guys

no new content at all right ?

any news about an upcoming patch ?

and for god sake is there any hope in this world for W3 Enhanced edition ?!

You have to read my whole post. I was refering to the guy who said "It's not like you to release such a meaningless re-branding, what is happening to you? I wish you would stay in-line with your previous releases and bring out an Enhanced Edition."

Pls read my post first. I explain there that I find such explanation weird: Since it looks like the word "Enchanced" is giving extra value to the game, while "GOTY Edition" is not. That was my point.
Previous Enhanced Editions added new content to the base game (substantially, in the case of TW1)

The Witcher 3 equivalent appears to be the waifu patch. Which is disappointing in comparison to say the least.

Before or after GOTY edition?
This crossfire bug in the 1.22 is pretty annoying. R9 390X. Reverted back to 1.12. Freezes OS after about an hour. Thankfully image back up on hand, so no silent data corruption. Went into config and in resources part enabled all the memory leak prevention stuff. I forgot to disable GOG overlay. Once upon a time with that patch it was stable. Performance with crossfire on it though is remarkable. Trying 1.21. Word on the netvine, is, at least with first gen GCN crossfire performance sucks, and it introduces stutter. Its always had stutter, its CPU related, and/or in need of freesync, which I went ahead and bought, waiting for it to arrive. My binned skylake with optimized OS also should resolve the CPU end of things. I was using sweetFX for the SMAA, havent tried 1.22 without it, but reports on net say its a glitch thats part of the engine so its my assumption. Limited sleep, will have to mess with it to get it stable. Disappointing. I paid a lot of money for my hardware, and id like this jewel to actually work correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Previous Enhanced Editions added new content to the base game (substantially, in the case of TW1)

The Witcher 3 equivalent appears to be the waifu patch. Which is disappointing in comparison to say the least.

I will just copy-paste now. Seems like some of you people really have some problems to understand...

"GOTY is just a re-release": So is an enchanced edition... If you bought The Witcher 2 at Release, you could update to the Enchanceed Edition FOR FREE! Exactly the same like with the GOTY edition....

One more time for you:

You have the game => You will get a free update at/before the 30th of August.

You don't have the game => You buy the GOTY (ok, let's call it enchanced edition).

It will contain all updates, including re-designing ui,inventory and co. will containt all 16 free DLCs (that can be compared to the addition of the Battle Arena in TW2) and it will contain both EXPANSIONS (comparable to the "Fan adventures" in "The Witcher Enchanced Edition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom