Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+
Hey, i've got an idea - can we start a riot if devil's pit is still empty in GOTY?
NO!

because devil's pit is not what i care about in terms of new content

there are many other things that need to be taken care first!

and my dearest dream right now is that the devs will announce an Enhanced Edition !!!! :{{{{{{{{{

i already got the Expansion pass and all dlc's so sadly GOTY changes nothing to me.

I will just copy-paste now. Seems like some of you people really have some problems to understand...

"GOTY is just a re-release": So is an enchanced edition... If you bought The Witcher 2 at Release, you could update to the Enchanceed Edition FOR FREE! Exactly the same like with the GOTY edition....

One more time for you:

You have the game => You will get a free update at/before the 30th of August.

You don't have the game => You buy the GOTY (ok, let's call it enchanced edition).

It will contain all updates, including re-designing ui,inventory and co. will containt all 16 free DLCs (that can be compared to the addition of the Battle Arena in TW2) and it will contain both EXPANSIONS (comparable to the "Fan adventures" in "The Witcher Enchanced Edition.

The crux of the matter is updates and added polish to the original game.

The crux of the matter is updates and added polish to the original game.

Ok and let me ask again the same question:

What is the difference between "updates and added polish to the original game" VIA a re-release with an "Enchanced edition" and 10+ patches that you get as soon as they are ready ?

Because sans the few rather unnecessary lines in the "waifu patch" (which I already mentioned) those patches have not done things like add new cutscenes to flesh out the plot, cover plot holes, and overall pad out a rushed final act.

So how is this package any different from going to GOG.com right now and buy this?
Maybe slightly cheaper and less patches to download?
That and console players can't go to GOG.com.

Maybe slightly cheaper and less patches to download?

I think that's the main reason of such a version: To give the games to players with slow internet connection, that were not able to download all the patches and the big expansions.

Same as it was in The Witcher 2: People that bought the game with version 1.01, could update to the Enchanced Edition for free. People that didn't want to download anything, went to their local store and bought it there on 2/3 DVDs.

Wikipedia can help defining the differences between a Game of the Year edition and an Enhanced Edition of a game:

Game of the Year Edition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards
Game of the Year (abbreviated GotY) is a title awarded by various gaming publications to a deserving game. Many publications award a single "Game of the Year" to a single title that they feel represents the pinnacle of gaming achievement that year. Many games will release a "Game of the Year" edition after winning any of these awards, usually containing all the updates, downloadable content (DLC) and occasionally other extras such as a soundtrack.

Enhanced Edition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_(video_game)#Enhanced_Edition
The significant changes featured in the enhanced version are over 200 new animations, additional NPC models and recoloring of generic NPC models as well as monsters, vastly expanded and corrected dialogues in translated versions, improved stability, redesigned inventory system and load times reduced by roughly 80%. In addition, all bugs are said to be fixed and the game manual completely overhauled. There are also two new adventures available to play through: Side Effects and The Price of Neutrality. A new option is to mix and match ten different languages of voice and subtitles. For instance, players can now choose to play the game with Polish voices and English subtitles. Other featured languages are Russian, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Hungarian and Chinese. Aside from the game enhancements, The Witcher Enhanced Edition includes a "making of" DVD, a CD with 29 in-game soundtracks, another CD with "Inspired by" music, the short story The Witcher from the book The Last Wish, a map of Temeria printed on high quality paper, and the official strategy guide. In addition, a new and enhanced version of the D'jinni Adventure Editor is on the DVD with the two new Adventures. The game updates, as well as the box's extras, are available as a free download for owners of the original version who registered their game on the official forum. Furthermore, old savegames are compatible with the Enhanced Edition.

According to CD Projekt co-founder Michal Kicinski, the Enhanced Edition required a $1 million investment, and the company has shipped 300,000 copies of the retail version worldwide as of December 2008, and counting digital distribution and retail sales the original game and the Enhanced Edition sold around 2 million copies as of 2010.

I think that's the main reason of such a version: To give the games to players with slow internet connection, that were not able to download all the patches and the big expansions.

Same as it was in The Witcher 2: People that bought the game with version 1.01, could update to the Enchanced Edition for free. People that didn't want to download anything, went to their local store and bought it there on 2/3 DVDs.
Except TW2's EE added cutscenes and a few quests to make the story flow better with more closure. Not many, mind you. TW2 didn't need many. It didn't have the scope issues TW3 does. But then, they also didn't have nearly the revenue.

Hey, i've got an idea - can we start a riot if devil's pit is still empty in GOTY?

It don't need to be any quest but, they really should open that door. So more people (not only the pc gamers who manage to enter) can see the place by their own.

" However with that said, there is no reason to buy this version, if you have already TW3 and the 2 expansions."

Isn't that how all GOTY editions of a game work? GOTY just means it includes all the DLC. So obviously, if you already have all the DLC, you won't get anything extra for buying it."

Funny that people on a subreddit for "general gaming" understand that, but people here that are on the forum because they "like" TW3 much, complain about it like hell?!

I'm pretty sure the Devil's Pit is where Iorveth and Saskia hide out with Vincent Meiss guarding the city key of Novigrad, Thaler's originl accent, and Radovid's prozac. If you read between the lines it's pretty obvious.

---------- Updated at 11:01 AM ----------

Funny that people on a subreddit for "general gaming" understand that, but people here that are on the forum because they "like" TW3 much, complain about it like hell?!

I don't think most of us actually expected anything more than this. It was just kind of the last hope for a proper conclusion.

Great for anyone who still didn't played the original game and the expansions, but atleas a new cover for this edition would be great - just look at the BioShock Collection cover and compare them.. one is a really fine piece of art and the other one is just "meh".. If the cover would be as great as the one on the BioShock Collection, I would buy the game again, even though I have the physical versions of the original game and both expansions.. but with this old, boring cover, no..

Last edited:
So it adds nothing and there's no reason to buy it if you already had the expansion pass?

I mean, that's what I expected, just making sure.

I just want to see what are going to say those who said "I would expect just the game and the expansions from any other company, but, this is CDPR! I'm sure they have something prepared"

Well, it is just the game and the expansions. This is CDPR now. No new content of any kind.

Sales

Last edited:
I just want to see what are going to say those who said "I would expect just the game and the expansions from any other company, but, this is CDPR! I'm sure they have something prepared"

Well, it is just the game and the expansions. Not new content of any kind.

Sales

I was one of those people a year ago so this situation is partially my fault.

We wont get an enhanced edition, but we got 2 amazing expansions instead, and I'm ok with that. Yes, the main story still needs polishing, but it just happens that cdpr has other plans right now, it's time we accept that I think.

Top Bottom