Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+
Would be great if they include alternative looks for Triss, Yen and Ciri in prerendered cutscenes.

Knows anyone, if the GOTY release will include all the patches as well?

The patches are almost 20GB big. It needs a lot of effort to download, especially on a low bandwidth connection.

Knows anyone, if the GOTY release will include all the patches as well?

The patches are almost 20GB big. It needs a lot of effort to download, especially on a low bandwidth connection.

Agreed, but the disks for the GOTY version need to be distributed, which takes time. I'd prefer they spent a little more time testing the bug fixes.

And I would hope that it also means that whatever bugs are still around after the next patch will still get fixed. Freezing content is fine, but not bug fixing, especially given the number of new bugs after every patch.

Agreed, but the disks for the GOTY version need to be distributed, which takes time. I'd prefer they spent a little more time testing the bug fixes.

And I would hope that it also means that whatever bugs are still around after the next patch will still get fixed. Freezing content is fine, but not bug fixing, especially given the number of new bugs after every patch.

Thanks for replying back, and i agree with what you mentioned above.

However, will they include at least the patches until 1.22 or the whole package will contain only the main game + free DLCs + expansions.

Thanks for replying back, and i agree with what you mentioned above.

However, will they include at least the patches until 1.22 or the whole package will contain only the main game + free DLCs + expansions.
They have to include a version of at least 1.20 or above, in order for Blood and Wine Expansion to be supported. So my guess is they will include the latest released patch until then, hopefully the next one.

Should've made a standalone game for dice poker..

Well, I suppose something like this will justify the cover art:

View attachment 65071

And does anyone know what contents will be inside the retail box? Sorry if it's been mentioned already but I haven't been following. Thx.

Attachments

• tVGG_19835.jpg
    tVGG_19835.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 36
Dude this game is a unfixable stuttering mess. I have a monster computer, but this gameworks f****ry has totally ruined the game for AMD graphics cards users. My notebook with a GTX 980M runs the game smoother. Thats PATHETIC. Its blatantly a wrench behalf the nvidia code. I cant believe projekt red allowed it to happen. It means that a meaningful chunk of their userbase is getting completely screwed. This is not my opinion, my notebook is a peasant compared to my desktop with binned extremely overclocked parts. dissapointing. Im about to uninstall this garbage just because it really enrages me how crooked it is. I dont want to play it on a notebook even if it can render low 2k with SMAA. *Spits* nvidia **** you. At standard 2k with smaa and the same settings its horrible. Dont blame crossfire either. Since GCN second gen they solved synchronization in hardware, and yes AMD drivers are poor, but this is the game engine. I have a skylake at 4.7ghz core, 4.7ghz memory controller, 16gbs 3333 cas 15 fully stable (Zero silent data corruption). Even if the DX11 driver for AMD is single threaded the ENORMOUS pauses are not the drivers fault, but the fact the code is to a large extent..... proprietary. Designed to gimp. It isnt enough 5 times the market share? You need to kick your competition while they are down? Really? Crysis 3 runs better after you do a bit of tweaking with timer resolution mostly. Freesync.... it actually works in that title too......... I wonder why. Also, whats up with the stutter with vsync? Its like stellar with g sync bro. I wonder why. Surely..... theres nothing there in the code, that helps sell, I dont know.... maybe, g sync monitors? I guess I was just a lucky guy when it was part of the asus gaming notebook deal huh....... Crysis 3 is maxed out except particles on medium and game effects too. Maxed out the hardware scaler at 3400x1913 using custom resolution SMAA1x anistrophic filtering 4x (because its almost redundant with downsampling to 1080). It never EVER drops below 40fps. That tells you everything you need to know bro. Games engine is trash. Know what my average is in crysis 3? 75fps locked. Hilarious. I challenge you to call me a liar so I can prove it with an external video showing you the hardware and the screen. With all those patches, you need to look at AMD.

Last edited:
hi guys, im new to this, will i still be able to use my save game from witcher 3 wild hunt, if i buy and play the GOTY version? im playing on PS4 btw.

They have to include a version of at least 1.20 or above, in order for Blood and Wine Expansion to be supported. So my guess is they will include the latest released patch until then, hopefully the next one.

They have to include a version of at least 1.20 or above, in order for Blood and Wine Expansion to be supported.

Oh yes, i forgotten about that. Thanks a lot...;)

---------- Updated at 11:53 PM ----------

Damn, i don't wanna start all over again! lol

Actually I'm debating myself if i wanna buy the PS4 Neo or not.

If that happens, i may buy the GOTY next year.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, it can't be over! What about PS4 Neo version? Will this game work on Neo? No patch for Neo? Better frame rate ect? :(

Hey Marcin, thanks for keeping an eye on this thread.

Are you able to divulge whether or not the incoming patch will contain anything more than small bug fixes? Anything story or gameplay related?

People saying the game is already an EE, I really can't agree with you. There's always room for improvement. While the patches did indeed add and fix a lot, the total changes are still below what W1 and W2 got in their EE's.

So, please quit saying the current game is an EE. It isn't, and it can always benefit from more improvements, hopefully when Neo and Scorpio are out.

I see it exactly the same way.
Yes, the earlier patches made some improvements, and no one can deny that, but for me this is clearly no EE. Not even close to it.

Well, let's see what the future brings...

Top Bottom