Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+
If you haven't done so already, please, feel free to report it to Tech Support.

Yeah, I just did :D I made so many lists on the forum about what's still bugged after 1.22 and then some other mod told me to report each bug in a seperate message, so I already learned that writing only on the forum won't really help.

It probably has been already asked and answered, so sorry for that but as I don't really have the time to read the 28 pages, I still would like to ask:

Will the support end after the GOTY Edition releases?
Will the patch releasing at the same time be the last one?

I really hope it's not the case because there is still a lot of things that need to be fixed...

Will the support end after the GOTY Edition releases?
Will the patch releasing at the same time be the last one?

Not sure if there has been an official answer to this, but I think there will still be one more patch (only bug fixes) after the GOTY edition, after all, the game was said to be supported until the end of 2016, and bug reports can still be submitted - if the final patch was to be released in a week, there would not be enough time left to fix bugs that are only reported now.

• An update with various fixes and improvements (just a regular patch that will also be available for everyone who has the base game – it will be published once the GOTY Edition goes live)

I'm having serious problems with Roach, was released the last update and was told it would be fixed the horse's tail of the problem and it still continues. Does anyone know if the problem will be fixed?

WAIT... so all of us on PC who got the game early on GOG + expansion will not get FREE upgrade to the GOTY version ??? That is LAME, I understand the game is the same, but i would still want the GOTY package rather then separate game + expansion as it it now.... :(

Common CD project! Do the right thing!

WAIT... so all of us on PC who got the game early on GOG + expansion will not get FREE upgrade to the GOTY version ??? That is LAME, I understand the game is the same, but i would still want the GOTY package rather then separate game + expansion as it it now.... :(

Common CD project! Do the right thing!

Marcin already said that the GOTY edition is just a total package of what we could all buy and download + the upcoming fix which will be available for everyone.
The GOTY is just a marketing thing, there is nothing new/more in it.

In the digital side of things, it's just two extra clicks though... Hardly anything to complain about. On the physical side I'd agree, but no one would have expected them to send physical GOTY editions to previous owners anyway :D

Still. I'd expect them simply to provide that as a free digital update to those who own all the previous pieces. No reason not to.

Unless you're suggesting giving everyone the two expansion packs as a free gift, which is a little over-the-top in terms of "Unreasonable Demands", they need to maintain both sets of product codes - one for people who only own part of the set, and one for GOTY. So what exactly does "give everyone a free digital update" actually mean? They're already supplying the patch to everyone. They can't switch those who own everything onto the GOTY product code, that would mean that (for example), Gog users would then own two copies, and console users would be screwed on their savegames.

I'm really not clear why "They're exactly the same" isn't stopping people asking for this. The only difference is during a download, and that's trivial. For everything except manual download from Gog, you already get the latest version. The most they need to do is update the Gog manual download to take you straight to the current version, instead of (earlier version + patches), and they'll probably be doing that anyway, they have done twice already.

So what exactly does "give everyone a free digital update" actually mean?

As I said, to those who have all the previous pieces. I.e. base game, expansion and etc. Since it's the same as GOTY, what's the problem to provide them with an update that is a unified package of that all?

They're already supplying the patch to everyone.
Ah, then no problem. I didn't realize that those who already have all the parts are getting this as an update.

I was primarily talking about GOG download. I.e. why do you need 3 different ones, if it can be a single bundle.

Last edited:
I was primarily talking about GOG download. I.e. why do you need 3 different ones, if it can be a single bundle.

If they made it a single bundle, they'd need to change those concerned to the new GOTY product, because they still need to provide as separate products for those who only own the base game, or who only have one of the expansions. So yeah, practical reasons.

And I believe Galaxy already downloads as a single bundle from the end-user perspective. I know Steam does.

What I do hope though is that they bundle the original free DLCs in with the base, both for download and within the game itself.

And I believe Galaxy already downloads as a single bundle from the end-user perspective.

That's what I meant. You just click on two tick-boxes :) (Okay, 3 with the 16 free DLCs). You just spend like 5 extra seconds to get the "GOTY Edition".

Top Bottom