Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+
obviously it's not the same thing. the GOTY version is ALL in 1 package rather then current game + expansions.

---------- Updated at 04:13 PM ----------

What about soundtrack to BLOOD /WINE ? why can;t we get it on GOG, same as Witcher game?

That is a whole other question, and it is rightly discussed in its dedicated thread in the General Discussions sub-category (The question of not being able to access the expansion OSTs DRM-free, that is: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/115881-Should-CDPR-Remain-Anti-DRM?p=2820411#post2820411 / http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...e-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-!?p=2741261#post2741261 ). However, those OSTs are also not included in the GOTY edition, so it is not relevant to the current discussion here.

And as I said, extra 5 seconds and 3 mouse clicks to download all the content of this "GOTY edition" is a pretty weak complaint, in my opinion... The counter-argument that @Dragonbird has suggested explains the probable reason pretty well here. Since both packages have different product IDs, this way you'd have 2 of the same product (it is not a simple case of an "upgrade"; it is a different "game" by itself). Therefore it is open to exploits. What would CDPR do if people start to refund the new version to buy other games, since they already have the previous version? What would console players do if you "upgrade" their package (they won't have access to their savegames). CDPR doesn't own Steam, PSN or Microsoft Store; so what would they do to ensure all those platforms give the new version to their users for free?

This is simply a non-issue, as far as I'm concerned. Hell, CDPR even said that buying the game + expansion pass will make more sense economically. The ONLY advantage of this GOTY edition will be that all of the content will be on the same disk; so it's basically about the physical edition, not digital...

The ONLY advantage of this GOTY edition will be that all of the content will be on the same disk; so it's basically about the physical edition, not digital...

Correct. I spammed the forum with that, but people still don't seem to believe :D Like most other devs, you will be able to "patch" your version of the game for free, which means that this version was made for people that have slow internet speed and could not download all the patches and the 2 expansions.

Like you said, EVERYTHING(also the 2 expansions, that were only available digitaly before) will be on 6 DVDs, so you put in your disc(s), install the game and probably don't need to download anything else.

When we talk about the digital product "Base Game + expansion pass" there will be probably no difference to the GOTY edition. Only the price may change, so if you buy the package now it may cost a little more, than buying the GOTY edition after the 30th of August.

What about soundtrack to BLOOD /WINE ? why can;t we get it on GOG, same as Witcher game?

One developer from CDPR said here on the forum a few weeks ago that he will look into it, if that's possible. However I don't think we got any response, so maybe it won't happen. You can listen to the music on Spotify and co. but I get your point that this is different, than being able to download the tracks and doing with them "whatever you like".

Last edited:
i'm not interested in half-ass solutions as spotify or tube, i want the MP3 downloaded and available as i want to - just as original witcher music.

Any news on Turkish Language? Will it be added at GOTY version? Or later?

The GOTY edition will not add new content, so it does not seem likely. Especially as a voiced language, that would require too much resources, but even subtitles are doubtful if the game does not already have them (if I recall correctly, TW2 has Turkish subtitles, but not TW3 ?).

@sv3672 Yup. Even though it was actually a fan translation, they corresponded with CDPR and CDPR added it to a patch. There is also a fan translation for TW3 and expansions as far as I know, but it is not officially added into the game. I believe it's because it is much, MUCH harder to approve all the translated lines compared to TW2, just because of the sheer scale.

In preparation for the forthcoming GOTY Edition, here's a new official wallpaper!

View attachment 67620

What lurks within the tree? (Probably a devil of a squirrel.)

(Source:The Witcher's Twitter.)

Attachments

• GOTY Wallpaper.jpg
    GOTY Wallpaper.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
@sv3672 Yup. Even though it was actually a fan translation, they corresponded with CDPR and CDPR added it to a patch. There is also a fan translation for TW3 and expansions as far as I know, but it is not officially added into the game. I believe it's because it is much, MUCH harder to approve all the translated lines compared to TW2, just because of the sheer scale.

According to this post on Facebook, the GOTY edition will include Turkish subtitles, the translation is done by 23 Studios. However, in that case it looks like there will be more than just bug fixes after all. :)

Top Bottom