Release date announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition

+
In preparation for the forthcoming GOTY Edition, here's a new official wallpaper!

View attachment 67620

What lurks within the tree? (Probably a devil of a squirrel.)

(Source:The Witcher's Twitter.)

Thank you for posting Riven!! :)

Is the next patch still launching with the GOTY Edition on the 30th?

I guess so, it would not make much sense to release it later, and at least on Steam the updated content is apparently already being uploaded (see here and here), even if it is not unlocked yet for public access. I think the patch notes will be released shortly before the patch/GOTY edition, maybe on Monday ?

Hello CDPR,

what about the pre-release of the GOTY-Patch for Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt Customer. (Release in August, before GOTY is at the saler) So it comes today?

PS Ah I see the info was corrected. Now it is time till tomorrow. It is okay. Sorry for my harsh tone.

Last edited:
I am not sure if this has been confirmed already somewhere, but is the release time of the GOTY edition known ? I would guess it is at or around 0:00 UTC, similarly to Blood and Wine, but since the GOTY edition is expected to already include the next patch, perhaps it could be released for the original version of the game later today, or at least the changelog posted ?

Yeah and that makes me a bit sad: Because the fact that we don't have a Patch today (29th August), means that the DVDs in the stores, that are probably already waiting for tomorrow's release, won't have the newest patch either, which kinda kills the argument for people that "don't want to download any additional files" :-

Yeah and that makes me a bit sad: Because the fact that we don't have a Patch today (29th August), means that the DVDs in the stores, that are probably already waiting for tomorrow's release, won't have the newest patch either, which kinda kills the argument for people that "don't want to download any additional files" :-

It is also possible that the release of the patch for the original version is delayed until the GOTY edition is out. Or the GOTY edition includes all the patches that have already been released, and only 1.25 (?) needs to be downloaded (maybe not even the full patch, only some final bug fixes that did not make it into the physical release).

So, i never bought Goty edition but i have Witcher 3 game and all dlc/expansions. However, Steam shop show me that i already have Goty edition? So is it bug or do i miss something?

So, i never bought Goty edition but i have Witcher 3 game and all dlc/expansions. However, Steam shop show me that i already have Goty edition? So is it bug or do i miss something?

Strange - I just checked mine. It doesn't claim I own the GOTY version, so I'm guessing it treated them as two separate items. Seems like some kind of glitch?

Same here.
I think it's because this GOTY package adds nothing new, for people who have already everything.
So steam does not recognize any difference.

It is just a package of the existing game and expansions, so you can indeed not buy it again as the GOTY edition, because the game is already in your library. There were apparently plans to release the GOTY edition as a separate game (new AppID), but this idea seems to have been dropped shortly before the release.

It is just a package of the existing game and expansions, so you can indeed not buy it again as the GOTY edition, because the game is already in your library. There were apparently plans to release the GOTY edition as a separate game (new AppID), but this idea seems to have been dropped shortly before the release.
Wow, this is new to me.. Why did it happen?

Top Bottom