Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Hello Marcin ;) ,

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Man... you guys know how to break a heart :D, anyway take your time. And i guess i talk for all when i say
WE CAN T WAIT for TW3 ;)

So long

PS: I assume Angry Joe has to make now a new List of most anticipated Games 2014 ... you re EVUL CDPR :harhar:

Last edited:
Thanks, Marcin. Your fans are behind you - in the long run, these few additional months of wait won't mean much, while the difference in quality will. Take your time to polish this game to your highest standards, and thanks for the letter. :)

Gee, I never saw it coming! :)
I am glad that you are really serious and do not want to rush the game. With such a huge project 2014 always looked a bit too soon to me, given how much you guys planned for this game. Take your time, but make the game rock. Thank you for informing us, and good luck.

But seriously... take all the time you need guys. Thanks for being honest about the whole thing. We love ya !

@GHOSTMD Angry Joe and thousand of others who made such lists ; ) Me included. Well... now I'm hoping that DA:I will not be delayed.

EDIT: If there is one positive to the delay, it's the outpour of emotion among people interested in The Witcher 3. NeoGAF thread about the delay news is one such place. Lots of people waiting for TW3 out there in the big world and that's a good news.

EDIT #2: Well, now at least we have a release date...

Last edited:
Oh man, that hurts to hear. But I want The Witcher 3 to be the best game possible. Please CDPR, take your time and make TW3 great.

Well I just hope that these extra months will be used to really make game better and not like Watch Dogs downgrade their graphics or GTA V cut.lot of stuff.

If these extra months are used to make this game even more stable,awesome and deep than I'm all for it.I personally could wait even more but that would be quite bad from economical stand of view.Just thank you for not being Bugthesda and chasing cool release dates like dumb 11.11.11. and cutting stuff in order to meet deadline.

Anyway we have delt with quite a few delays in gaming industry:

South Park:Stick of Truth..............delayed several times

Watch Dogs....................................delayed few times

Dragon Age: Inqusition............................delayed for a year (it is releasing this autumn though)

GTA V.......................................delayed for six months

etc......

Anyway thank you CD Projekt for past great games,thank you for introducing me to Witcher saga and it's books,thank you for making me more interested in Polish literature,thank you for making sure this game blows everyone's mind and thank you for changing trends in game industry or at least showing EA and other of their kind that being Satan's son is not only way to earn money.

Thank you.

Yeah......at least all the waiting could be made much easier and less painfull if we could get every week or 2 a concept art picture or screenshot and every second month a gameplay video and dev diary.That would really make things much easier :D

Top Bottom