Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
Take as much time as you need. Who knows, at this rate I might even have enough time to finish my TW2 playthrough (been busy). :book:

Last edited:
Though Im kind of sad for this news, Im also relieved that CDP RED is taking the necesary time to deliver a really high quality masterpiece, and not taking advantage of the spotlight and aim for a quick cash grab...

My respects and admiration to all the team that is clearly working so hard right now. :)

This will also give me more time to save for a complete PC upgrade. :p

Hard to say. Broadwell should be a big improvement, but adoption is not just a no-brainer.
Pro: 14nm vs. 22nm should be a huge win on power and speed.
Pro: Intel did decide (after considering ditching the desktop market) to make Broadwell chips available in LGA 1150.
Con: 14nm is damned difficult to manufacture. Even for Intel. They have had yield problems, though they still expect to be shipping this quarter.
Con: Broadwell LGA 1150 will NOT be compatible with Haswell LGA 1150. Even if the change is for good sound reasons, it will require new chipsets and motherboards.
And there will be at least some But they are still trying to get yield on what is even for them an extraordinarily advanced and difficult process.

Thanks that makes the choice easier for me actually, I'll stick with a Haswell build on the grounds that it's the safer bet. Considering how hard it is for me to save up a considerable amount I want it to work primarily. I can worry about upgrading in another 5 years (although I'm going to dabble in overclocking for the first time ever which might extend that window a few more years, I'm no enthusiast though just a gamer).

I'm surprised they aren't just making a new chipset tbh if it won't be compatible. Or at least rebrand it to LGA11502 or something, I predict some confusion otherwise.

Last edited:
Wow, I missed this. Kinda sucks, but they did the exact same thing with TW2 and it still was rough around the edges at release. So I guess it's comforting to know they are taking their time.

Wow, I missed this. Kinda sucks, but they did the exact same thing with TW2 and it still was rough around the edges at release. So I guess it's comforting to know they are taking their time.

Mmmm this is my only issue or I guess it is what happens with any game that gets delayed. Apart from the odd minor bug here & there tends to always exist, especially these days. If this game doesn't come out ridiculously polished, relatively bug free (Major bugs) & well optimized, people are going to be screaming, "What the fuck? What was even the point of the delay?" So good luck to you CDPR, you're going to need it to avoid any outrage.

There would be much more outrage if TW3 is released in Fall 2014, but turns out well below expectations. Then it would be a shit-storm of apocalyptic proportions. CDPR are wise enough not to take any chances with cutting corners. The very least we'll be getting the game exactly the way they want it to be, and mercifully there won't be any inane explanations about lack of time, why some features were cut, and other crap some developers often use as an excuse. I like it when people stand up for what they believe. I truly hope TW3 will turn out something super-awesome, Bethesda will be kicked in the balls and left in the gutter, and the dev will rip all the benefits they can handle.

*CDPR wins ton of Most Anticipated Game of 2014 awards.

*moves release date to 2015

CDPROJEKT wants more Most Anticipated awards! Watch out, here they come.

As much of a bummer this is, obviously I am happy they are taking the extra time to make the best game they can. But on the other hand, it seems strange to delay the game by 2-3 months some 8-9 months before the initial "release time". I sure hope the extra few months will be enough to finish up the development and it won't require another delay. I'm just surprised at the length of the delay this far out. I would have expected a longer delay.

Either way, sad news but take your time CDPR. We are all waiting for an awesome experience.

CDPROJEKT wants more Most Anticipated awards! Watch out, here they come.

I am not so sure about that......They got praised heaped upon them tenfold ,but I knew this was gonna happen. In fact, I believe that cdpr bit off more than they can chew. Further more, I expect more delays to come...... I'm cool with it but let's look at the obvious. Some devs left. If I was working for a company that promised the world and knew they could not deliver I would get out of town too. They kept showing the same footage to all journalist even up too just a few weeks ago. I don't think they have any other stable areas to show . Also, too many stop gaps. WItcher comics, Witcher board games. Unless they really show up and show some serious game play this year they will be dead in the water for any awards......I think after they saw that the members were let down on this forum with the size of the biggest city, It finally hit quite a few cdred devs that they needed way more time. I hope that they use the time wisely. If I was a guessing man I would say that they wanted to release this game in Sept or Oct of this year. IN essence this delay gives them another half of a year. I also expect as stated above they will delay it yet again. I honestly feel we will be lucky to see this game by the end of September 2015. I hope however long it takes they do it right the first time. So we do not have to get an enhanced edition a year later this time. Time will tell of course. Just get right PLEASE!!!!!!

I am not so sure about that......They got praised heaped upon them tenfold ,but I knew this was gonna happen. In fact, I believe that cdpr bit off more than they can chew. Further more, I expect more delays to come...... I'm cool with it but let's look at the obvious. Some devs left. If I was working for a company that promised the world and knew they could not deliver I would get out of town too. They kept showing the same footage to all journalist even up too just a few weeks ago. I don't think they have any other stable areas to show . Also, too many stop gaps. WItcher comics, Witcher board games. Unless they really show up and show some serious game play this year they will be dead in the water for any awards......I think after they saw that the members were let down on this forum with the size of the biggest city, It finally hit quite a few cdred devs that they needed way more time. I hope that they use the time wisely. If I was a guessing man I would say that they wanted to release this game in Sept or Oct of this year. IN essence this delay gives them another half of a year. I also expect as stated above they will delay it yet again. I honestly feel we will be lucky to see this game by the end of September 2015. I hope however long it takes they do it right the first time. So we do not have to get an enhanced edition a year later this time. Time will tell of course. Just get right PLEASE!!!!!!

Nah, they said some time in 2014 which means they could've released it in december and nobody would've had a reason to complain. So really they are just giving themselves 2 months more. If the game was in a bad state they could've been more ambiguous and just said 2015. And that's what they would've done because they know people are going to remember that it was already delayed once and won't be as understanding again.

Wait.. What? I thought you said February 2015.. Hahahaa.. Good joke there.. heh.. heh.. Why are you not laughing? ..CDPR?

...Wait...

Is this for real? Well.. My heart broke so hard it broke my mind along it.. Well.. I'm gonna need lots of mead after hearing this.. Well guess taking 4 months of researching computer parts to make my Ultimate Witcher 3 PC was a complete waste of time.. But I guess when the game comes out I can buy DDR 4 and PCI Express 4.0 stuff.

Thanks for being honest and telling us this early that it will be delayed. It is most wise to take time to polish the game as much as possible before launch.

Ok now onto drown my sorrows in booze and less worthy games..

Not sad at all

well im totally kind of new to the witcher series, havent played the first and got to the 3rd chapter in the second one, and was actually planning on re-playing those before the third. now im able to do that this year without a looming release date later this year.

however i can see how major fans could perhaps be a lil upset with this latest news. so i ask because the release date is pushed back, mau we have some actual gameplay? say like a dev walkthrough of a small area of the game like 10 min long? i think it would tie over everybody and keep the anticipation going

Will I hope it is not for downgrade the graphics like some stupid joke I heard .
I would not care about console version getting downgrade all what matter is THE PC VERSION I want the game to be the best looking game in 2015 and 2015 GOTY .
and one more thing I want to see 5 full minutes at least of gameplay in E3 this year no more teasing .

I think Dark souls 2 And Batman Arkham knight will hold me till 2015 .

Last edited:
It doesn't make sense for them to start the marketing campaign right now. The trailers and other promotional stuff they're going to release will probably start rolling around 3-4 months before release. And everything that is released before that have a risk of lessening the impact. Conventions like E3 will probably have some stuff. CDPR might decide to throw us a bone sometimes.

I think that could really help with making the forums more active, giving reasons for people in sites like neogaf to link to these threads and reasons for them to register if the red posts would be more willing to share. Now there is Marcin Momot who is very active in the forums but it doesn't help because he isn't allowed to say a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom