Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
What colour is the hair of Triss now? I thought it changed since some new book said so.. maybe CDPR is going back and keeping it true to the books. Anyone know whats up about all this..I mean if they can fix Geralts hair then they can fix Triss's hair right? Who cares if it was red in TW2 maybe she dyed it. Just crack a joke about it in TW3 and presto! Triss is a natural whatever color head she has always been??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....... (moving faraway effect)

well that was a big oH NO!! moment for me but still its a good thing, surely CDPR really wants to make a finale with a boom.... i will miss geralt and the whole witcher lore before and after this game.... T_T

Please give us the gameplay demo you showed closed doors at E3. The remastered edition of it O0

well its good when a company says, we need more time, its not like EA, or other companies, that releases empty/buggy worlds and fix after we pay...

In the other hand, I hope u implement some more RP features, features that the witcher fanbase hates, but the RP funs love... (housing, romance, modding, etc)

2015 is a very hot year for action RPG's, from many companies... And be carefull with your marketing, since you decided to delay. I will give you an example from Ubisoft. The game watchdogs appeared 2-3 years ago @ e3 and since, we only read and watched videos about it... Now it feels like an old food, I dont have mood to play it, maybe if they offer to me free.. lol And that is bad marketing.

Last edited:
Speaking about EA in the prev comment... A game came up to my mind, Dragon Age Inquisition. They announced the release date "fall 2014", about the same date with TW3. So that may be it... huh? Its 2 similar games...

Probably not the smartest move, really. Why would a company do something like that? Talk about bad marketing.
I believe it would give us more air to do stuff. if they implemented more RP things. If you have lots of choices and features, you spend lots of time into it. But ok, if you dont like them, not going to cry... Well, you got some extra time, prepare and test your modding tools! I hope we will have the choice to add our own houses and features, via modding tools :) . Thats fair...

Last edited:
.. Well, you got some extra time, prepare and test your modding tools! I hope we will have the choice to add our own houses and features, via modding tools :) . Thats fair...

Oh, I don't have a real issue with more RP features for Geralt, just saying doing things that annoy your fanbase isn't too bright. Of course, would that really annoy the fanbase?

A house isn't likely for a Witcher, but an apartment of some kind in a town or two would be amusing. Maybe granted as part of an optional plot.

I ve said that because, in the witcher wish list topic, I ve made suggestions once and I got attacked... "witcher is lonely" "people (in game NPC) hate witcher"... well, that doesnt mean those who are not very social, live in the streets, is it? A house, could benefit in traveling back and forth in the world (not just 1 way ticket), for exploring, doing extra quests, having a storage inside the house, its an RP thing. Anyway, lets not make it a wish list here...
I am expecting more from modding to be honest. A house (any short of it) would be very beneficial..

I ve said that because, in the witcher wish list topic, I ve made suggestions once and I got attacked... "witcher is lonely" "people (in game NPC) hate witcher"... well, that doesnt mean those who are not very social, live in the streets, is it? A house, could benefit in traveling back and forth in the world (not just 1 way ticket), for exploring, doing extra quests, having a storage inside the house, its an RP thing. Anyway, lets not make it a wish list here...
I am expecting more from modding to be honest. A house (any short of it) would be very beneficial..

"Attacked" is a strong word when the only thing that happened was others disagreed with you.

You're entitled to your belief that a house would be useful in roleplaying. Others are equally entitled to their belief that a house is so far outside the limits of an established player character as to detract from roleplaying.

If we cannot agree, we can still agree to disagree without claiming that anybody is attacking anybody else. Neither give offense, nor take offense even if you believe offense has been given.

I believe that CD PROJEKT will bring a wonderful experience with Geralt and I can't wait to enjoy it for myself. I do not care how long The Witcher 3 takes to be released to the public. I only wish that CD PROJEKT takes their time on the production and testing of the game. The Witcher 3 should be a wonderful expansion to the current Witcher games. Congratulations on your success so far with your award worthy games. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what made them suddenly decide on this move. They're developing for 3 platforms simultaneously, and when you do that you need to deal with different software development kits. Two of the platforms are consoles. I wonder if the console sdk's aren't very mature yet and it's slowing the REDs down... Oh well, I can only speculate.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

I don't really mind even if you spend another year on development. As long as you'll polish technical aspects and make a Linux release with that :)

Last edited:
I wonder what made them suddenly decide on this move. They're developing for 3 platforms simultaneously, and when you do that you need to deal with different software development kits. Two of the platforms are consoles. I wonder if the console sdk's aren't very mature yet and it's slowing the REDs down... Oh well, I can only speculate.

You may be right. It may well have something to do with development tool maturity for the consoles. But also, there are two important rules of project management at work here.

Slip early, not late. If you know you are not going to make your deadline, make it known in plenty of time for others to readjust. It would be much worse if they already had their release marketing campaign in progress and had to tell their distributors "Sorry, we won't have product for another three months. Those preorder release dates you promised your customers? Bummer."

Only slip once. If you slip twice, you make all the other groups on the project readjust twice. A slip is expensive enough without having to come back two months later and saying "Sorry, we have to slip another month." Also, it makes you look like you don't know how to estimate or manage.

So taking one slip of maybe 3 to 4 months now, 7 or 8 months before the original release date, is much less damaging than taking two 1-month slips 6 months from now.

Last edited:
Probably for the best. What games like Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us and GTA V have in common? They all were delayed and all of them turned out be the best games of the past generation. If CDPR felt that they wouldn't be able to deliver the perfect RPG experience everyone of us is expecting, they crearly made a smart move. And i wouldn't be surprise if The witcher 3 get delayed even yet again. Remember folks, in CDPR we trust.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
I'm glad CDPR took a decision like that. It shows us again that they are a serius enterprise, worried about players and quality.
I wish you all the best and look forward to the that masterpiece in action... and perhaps some countwoun clock later; some good, Witchery, clock or clepsydra.
Oh, and February, just on time for my birthday... Excellent!

Top Bottom