Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
Decision they made will also boost the sales. Especially since they planned on releasing the game in November which always have few AAA games coming out within few weeks. Febuary is usually dead. With clever marketing people who normally don't play RPG might even pick this up since there wont be much else to play.

This was also my first thought. TW3 - 2015, CP - 2016 or 2017 That's what you get when you want quality.

Not necessarily. Both games are created by two different teams but closely communicated with each other. All that solves one benefits the other. The delay of TW3 may also mean that CP77 is delivered on schedule with the improvements implemented in TW3.

I don't know why but I'm a little relieved to hear this, I guess I was afraid they would rush it

I want a Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt that is going to take months to play and explore, so if that means you and yours have to take more time to give me that experience, I'll wait.

I want a Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt that is going to take months to play and explore, so if that means you and yours have to take more time to give me that experience, I'll wait.
The game will become immortal if they give us the tools to mod it. Can you imagine all the scenarios designed by the community?

The game will become immortal if they give us the tools to mod it. Can you imagine all the scenarios designed by the community?

Amazing... but will us on consoles ever get the chance to play these awesome fan made mods. Will cdpr give us these mods as dlc some day some how??
I always see cool mod stuff for skyrim but I do not know how to get it for my 360 or PS3. Is there even a way how to do that??

Amazing... but will us on consoles ever get the chance to play these awesome fan made mods. Will cdpr give us these mods as dlc some day some how??
I always see cool mod stuff for skyrim but I do not know how to get it for my 360 or PS3. Is there even a way how to do that??

The problem in the past was always that it was difficult to release mods and DLC for consoles - in particular Xbox, where MS pretty much insisted that ALL add-ons had to be chargeable. I'm hoping that this will change on the new generation.

Damn I wish consoles had this option. Because It will only make an awesome game even better in the long run.
Well I guess I will just have to buy a pc some day. :)

Well, we really don't know what will happen now, so the message at the moment should probably "don't assume that the future will be the same as the past". I asked in another thread if anyone knew the policy on patches and updates for PS4/XBOne, and the replies given seemed to give a ;little more optimism, at least for PS4. As far as MS is concerned, we may just need to wait and see.

I'm not sure but I think mods are only for PCs.

As I understand it, it's because MS demand a cut of everything played on their system. I don't see this changing, it's their proprietary nature.

As I understand it, it's because MS demand a cut of everything played on their system. I don't see this changing, it's their proprietary nature.

They've been better about encouraging indy developers of free games this time. But free mods for pay-for games is a different category that they haven't addressed. Many of the games they deal in are not intended to be modded, so the desire for this may not get a lot of attention.

The release being pushed back works out just fine. We have Batman Knights coming out in October, then we have Dragon Age Inquisition coming out sometime in November, then the Witcher Wild Hunt coming out in February.This will be the best Fall/winter ever and make the freezing cold and nasty weather a non factor for me. Looking forward to throwing a log in the fireplace and turning on the surround sound on my Pc and immersing myself in what i know will be a great RPG experience with DA:1 and Witcher Wild Hunt.

Top Bottom