Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
They said less competition in Fabuary. Except Far Cry 4 and MGS:5 which are aimed to release in Q1 2015.

Well it has less direct competition in the story RPG's like the new Dragon Age. Since FC4 will be like skyrim, great open world but a lesser story(?). And I don't know about MGS 5, I never player those games so I don't know what they are about.

There's always competition when releasing a game nowadays. But I think they meant more a direct competition, like @jackalj said, as the likes of DA:I.

Hard waiting for a game that I love and enjoy!

I’m a huge Witcher fan that has played the previous iterations of the game and must say, coming from a Call of Duty background where the developers rush their games to get them out and offer a product that in most cases is pure garbage with multiple flaws, it is refreshing to see a company care so much about offering a polished product.

Other gaming companies could learn from CD Project Red!

Equally as important, for me, it seems so… long ago since The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings! It is hard waiting for a game that I love and enjoy! I am, however looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 as well, because I trust CD Project Red’s prowess in developing quality mature games!

If I had to choose between Phantom Pain or Witcher 3. I think I would want to play new MGS first. metal gear 4 was pretty much the best game on PS3 imo.

I wonder if we will see anything before E3.
I doubt anything before E3. I just saw a video today about why they are not doing it any sooner, is because the team has to stop working on the game just to make us videos. So I say let CDPR Team polish the game first.
I know it is hard to wait but it will be worth it in the end. I would rather be in shock and awe when I play this game anyways;)

Witcher series are only games i went to store and bought them,you are only company i feel i can entrust my money and have 100% working game that will meet all of my high expectations.And I have no doubt that Witcher 3 will be an outstanding game.So you take as much time as you need to have perfect game for us....just not to long :)

Sincerely your fan

I'm sure part of it was not wanting to have to compete directly against DA:I. Even though DA2 is universally hated, DA:O still has a lot of goodwill towards it and so DA:I will have tons of hype if it's anything like DA:O. In spite of Bioware not having the greatest of reputations right now, people still look closely at their games due to their past. Bioware still has quite a large following, so it's wise for CDPR not to want to compete against that. Even though TW games are fairly well known at this point among hardcore gamers, CDPR is still mostly unknown in general.

Anyway, the longer it takes the better the chances that the GTX 770 or 780 will fall to a reasonable price.

I don't mind the delay guys, take your time! After all the great content you have given us, I have full confidence that you will not disapoint!

Take your time. Quality is the key, and even after release I will wait a couple weeks, just to be sure everything's smooth and finetuned.

Top Bottom