[Release]Devil's Pit Mod

+

Guest 2364765

Only turkish translation has been submitted so far.

Talk about dwindling interest lol.

Raven armor from TW2 is my favorite. Such a pity they didn't officially put it in TW3 as well. Cool to see it in the mod!

Last edited:
"You've done a man's job, sir."

This is incredible, I just got into this whole Witcher universe super recently and have been playing through 1 and 2 and now that I just started 3 you've added almost everything I was disappointed to hear they cut between 2 and 3 (knives and traps in particular) so thanks for enhancing my experience!

I know some people claim knives would be redundant because of the crossbow and traps because of yrden but different ways of doing the same thing makes it more interesting in my opinion and let's you make a Geralt that you want, plus it always annoys me when something that is in universe gets removed in a sequel.

I like that you gave some of the items an in universe vibe (potion names, viper school daggers, etc.), have you thought about renaming the bombs? I know it's a totally cosmetic thing and I have no knowledge of how difficult it is to do that, but it's just a suggestion that I think adds a cool touch (I put my ideas below that have an in universe vibe).

Shrapnel = Striga's Kiss
Fungi = Brokiln's Revenge
Virus = Catriona's Gift
Glue = Spider
Alkaline = Kikimore Killer
Salt= Wraith Slayer

Also have you considered bringing back the old freeze and fire traps (Talgar Winter and Conflagration)? Again not sure how much of a pain this all is and you've done an impressive job already so these are just suggestions from someone coming fresh off of Witcher 2 who knows nothing about modding.

Either way just wanted to say great work and seriously thanks for taking my playthrough of this series up to 11.

Guest 2364765

Well, i'm glad you enjoyed it (frankly there doesn't seem to be many people who actually gave the mod a shot despite my best efforts).

As for the names - the bombs are actually items that were cut during development and still had remainders left in the code, since i couldn't find any traces of what their names were supposed to be i opted to left them named as their item codenames.
Currently i've no plans to add any new traps (or any new items for that matter) simply because i already exhausted 100 strings i had allocated for this mod.

Thanks for the reply and explanation regarding the bombs. To bad to hear you don't plan on doing anymore work on it but I understand given fact that you've already done so much coupled with the game having been out for so long and perhaps not as many people being interested because they have already moved on from the game (I'm a little late to the hype :)) that spending a larger amount of time might not hit that large of an audience.

I did notice there was a bug regarding the throwing knifes returning to both the weapons tab and the oils slot. My brother (who is very good at programming) was helping me with merging your mod with one other mod (Better Alchemy...I didn't like the potion system in the base game) and taught me a little about coding during the process. Afterwards I wanted to see if I could solve that problem so after a few hours of trial and error (I'm new to this :)) I was able to stop that bug from occurring in both your stand alone mod and then the merged mod too:

in inventoryComponent.ws line 3867

original:
public final function IsItemAlchemyItem(item : SItemUniqueId) : bool {return IsItemOil(item) || IsItemPotion(item) || IsItemBomb(item); }

changed to:
public final function IsItemAlchemyItem(item : SItemUniqueId) : bool {return IsItemOil(item) || IsItemPotion(item) || IsItemBomb(item) && !ItemHasTag(item, 'ThrowingKnife'); }

Now again I'm new to this whole thing so perhaps this is not the best way to do this but it did seem to work because I think the knives are considered both a weapon and a bomb as I understood it...I could be wrong but I thought I'd let you know what I found to work.

Another question that perhaps you can help set me on the right path to address. As I mentioned I (well...more my brother) merged your mod with this Better Alchemy mod; which what it does, just in case you are not aware, is it makes potion crafting more like the previous two games, thus every time you want to make an alchemy item (bombs, potions, etc.) it makes you spend the resources to do that and gives you a stack-able item for each crafting event and keeps the recipe in your alchemy tab instead of doing what the base game does where you perform the recipe once, removing it from your alchemy tab, and have replenish-able charges that you get back during meditation. What I've found is your mod's new bombs and potions disregard this Better Alchemy mod and act as they would in the base game. Any thoughts on where I might start trying to address this issue or what files your new bombs and potions are located in so I might start digging there?

Again thanks for the mod it is a lot of fun, and this attempting to combine the two has given me some interest in learning coding so indirectly thanks for that as well!

Guest 2364765

If memory serves me right i hijacked it as alchemy to allow other systems to see it as a bomb, otherwise there's a lenghty pipeline of things that won't allow the knives to be thrown simply because only objects that was designed to be thrown are bombs.

There's probably more elegant solution to this but frankly at the expenses of time and causing only minor issues i'm pretty okay with how it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 2364765

Probably, to a decent degree if you'd put your mind and time into it. But it has nothing to do with me or this mod really.

Wow, just wow. Add hiding in bushes, ropes for pinning monsters in place), more traps (with different effects - burning, stunning, freezing), weak points and release it as Witcher 3: Horizon Zero Dawn:cool:

Guest 2364765

Decided to add some more visual feedback to the mechanic:

For the reference, here is how it works:

Upon entering sneaking mode all enemies turn neutral (if initiated before combat). Base NPC view cone is up to 55 degrees to the sides (total FOV of 110) and 20 meters forward, measured from position and rotation of the head. Those parameters change depending on time of day, location and weather condition. Moving makes you easier to detect, whilst wearing Viper hood and Raven's armor makes it a bit harder for enemies to see you. During night or in dark places both detection angle and distances decrease dramatically (unless NPC is carrying a torch). Sneak mode applies debuff to all enemies, opening them up for a one-hit backstab. Touching an enemy, being seen, throwing a bomb, using explosive bolts or casting aard/igni will also cause detection instantly. Killing an enemy will also cause surrounding enemies to turn in his direction (scripting doesn't really support making them come to investigate)

Guest 2364765

I wonder how long it'll take for me to get banned for posting pretty much alone to myself in this thread

But then again, this isn't a lighting or E3/VGX mod so why would people care?

skacikpl;n10924565 said:
I wonder how long it'll take for me to get banned for posting pretty much alone to myself in this thread
(So long as you don't insult anybody, or start posting about fake passports, probably a long, long time.)

On topic: I think it's quite remarkable what you've managed to achieve here. I, for one, am impressed.

Guest 2364765

Might be looking for people to test this version for me.
If you're interested, hit me up.

skacikpl;n10924565 said:

But then again, this isn't a lighting or E3/VGX mod so why would people care?

You can make it so.
Remember KNG renamed his mod to E3 and VGX and got some donation afterwards.
Also, did you post it to nexus btw?

Top Bottom