[Release]Devil's Pit Mod

+

Guest 2364765

They are nearly 100% the same as they were in previous versions.

Guest 2364765

For the reference, i'm still looking for people willing to test the current build for me.

Guest 2364765

Nothing has changed in regards to above, though interest seems non-existant.

I'm very interested in it, I remember seeing the mod awhile ago but it seems to have grown an awful lot since then. Unfortunately I'm modding Mass Effect 3 at the moment which eats 100% into my gaming time, but I'm really looking forward to what you have made.

Did you have any other plans for content? I know you seem to be disheartened by the lack of responses, but it'd be interesting to know what you had considered making.

Oh, by the way, as your mod seems to be growing to add content beyond opening the Devil's Pit have you considered rebranding the mod? Sometimes a different name can make all the difference with luring in fans.

Guest 2364765

Well thanks for the support but as it is now i guess i have absolutely no pressure to release it anytime soon.

If i ever feel like it, i'll add a new piece to it here and there.

Hey, there's a big fan of Devil's Pit here, if you need help to test anything let me know, I will gladly help you with that. That sneaking update is awesome, can't wait to try it out... On my eight-run at the game and still impress me, everytime a new thing came up that I miss on the last one.

Well thanks for the support but as it is now i guess i have absolutely no pressure to release it anytime soon.

If i ever feel like it, i'll add a new piece to it here and there.

That's fair enough. I do look forward to what you would add though.

OMG, I waited too long for this, especially the stealth mode. I thought that you had abandoned this feature. I missed your latest post with the download link.

Thank you for your effort on this features, devil's pit is amazing.

How can I use Stealth features?

The new stealth code conflicts with Friendly HUD, making very hard to merge. So, for anyone who wishes to use this amazing mod and doesn't have coding knowledge, choose one or wait until Skacikpl decides to fix it.

I will give a try to stealth mode right now, thanks.

Guest 2364765

The new stealth code conflicts with Friendly HUD, making very hard to merge. So, for anyone who wishes to use this amazing mod and doesn't have coding knowledge, choose one or wait until Skacikpl decides to fix it.

I will give a try to stealth mode right now, thanks.
Fix what exactly? You can't fix conflicts, it's part of the engine/modding pipeline design, which is pretty much not a mod design - it's just open ability to modify existing and add new scripts without any regard as to load order or conflict solving.

I for once am way beyond even attempting to do any sort of "compatibility" patches because that would mean having to adapt to literally n+1 amount of mod permutation each and every player is running on his setup.

It is how it is for W3 and it's not going to get any better in this regard.

Blank lines solve this most of the times, in this case, I was able to fix that way, no code change was required. For some reason, I get "NOINVENTORY" messages infinitely.

Thanks.

Guest 2364765

I guess 3 months ago i uploaded a version with debug features left on (which probably would also cripple performance in cities) and nobody noticed or bothered to point that out, oh well.

Here is a fixed version which shouldn't print any debug messages and also have next to none performance impact in cities:
www.serwer1830035.home.pl/downloads/tw3/dppack.zip

Also my server/domain are expiring so this is a backup server.

Thank you, I really enjoy the stealth mode also the knife cam which is very dope.

A question:
what is this file "gameplay\behaviors\pc\behaviorgraph\pc_gameplay.w2beh" responsible for?
Brutal Blood change it too and before giving the priority to Devil's Pit (DP) the stealth mode was working but Geralt was not crouching, after giving the priority to DP is now crouching, just for curiosity.

I think you should update it on Nexus... I know that you stopped working on this because of the lack of interest, but this is very good. The DP itself (the cave) becomes boring after a few runs but the changed game mechanics is something more, you can choose or not do it, so it will prolong the lifecycle of that mechanic through the role game. I hope you can understand my point.

Best from a big fan of DP.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

what is this file "gameplay\behaviors\pc\behaviorgraph\pc_gameplay.w2beh" responsible for?
It's a behavior graph for driving player character, it checks various inputs and then applies it to the character.

Have you considered just renaming this to "E3 Devil's Pit Mod", your download base would probably triple overnight. I don't get the fascination with all the W3 E3 mods.

Fantastic mod, otherwise. It deserves more attention from the community.

Top Bottom