[Release]Devil's Pit Mod

+

Guest 2364765

ed5464215;n9418251 said:
Any chance of adding the slow motion knife throw to the mod? How did you do that?

It will be part of the next version. It wasn't that hard to implement, i just attach custom camera class to the knife when it's thrown if it's damage output is very likely to be lethal and knife itself is most likely going to hit its target.

This system has few limitations but overall it works really fine, even if kill camera is engaged and target dodges in last second the camera is capable of detecting a miss and aborting the "killcam".

I imagine that proper alternative would be a prediction system similar to what multiplayer games have to manage latency differences and insufficient update rates that extrapolates positions of moving objects and players based on their current speed and direction. But without visual debug tools this would be a hell to prototype and develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 2364765

metalmaniac21;n9444221 said:
Any chance to feature some sort of a quest?

Probably in long-term future. As it is now with current tools implementing any sort of quest would be borderline masochistic.

Guest 2364765

Also, version 0.94 is now up on Nexus, featuring dye-comaptible Raven's Armor from Witcher 2 (model port courtesy of Holgar82 ).

skacikpl;n9449701 said:
Probably in long-term future. As it is now with current tools implementing any sort of quest would be borderline masochistic.

Hey, well as long as it's just borderline masochistic, what's the problem? :)

Guest 2364765

0.95 is up on Nexus.
Victoria will now use best steel sword from player's stash.
also, First person mode is now part of this mod.

Guest 2364765

0.96 is up on Nexus, featuring fix for lighting issues with Raven's Armor and brand new, dye-able flare bombs.

//
EDIT:

Here's a small preview video:

Okay, I have to ask this because I couldn't figure out what it was. When visiting The Devil's Pit, no one was in there except for 3, of lack of a better description, guards in there. Nothing else was there. No armor, none of the main people you added. I'm not asking for anyone to go over my mod list, I'm asking does anyone know what could be a reason why it does not work for me?

Could it be the lack of update for Mod Merger that is causing this problem?

Guest 2364765

DontBlnkBadWolf;n9683161 said:
Okay, I have to ask this because I couldn't figure out what it was. When visiting The Devil's Pit, no one was in there except for 3, of lack of a better description, guards in there. Nothing else was there. No armor, none of the main people you added. I'm not asking for anyone to go over my mod list, I'm asking does anyone know what could be a reason why it does not work for me?

Could it be the lack of update for Mod Merger that is causing this problem?

Clearly you did not install DLC part correctly if there are no unique NPCs.

Top Bottom