[RELEASE] VGX Sword Walking

+
It's fantastic, but would it be possible to implement it the same way as the "Both hands on sword" mod, so we could use other animation mods with it?

It rocks! One step closer to making all my VGX dreams come true !!!!

rfuzzo time to make an exclusive VGX Full Immersion List !!!

Guest 3841499

Awesome work man! Mind telling us what chunks you edited to make it happen or some approximate hints (for those who already modded the same w2beh file for other purposes/mods)? Those behavior files are a bitch to go through and compare...

The mods is very good, super immersive, but as I said on nexus, you should remove the animation when Geralt is fighting... Otherwise he keeps his arm in a strange position which makes the sword clip with Geralt's leg!

Guest 3841499

BWGameplays;n10838411 said:
The mods is very good, super immersive, but as I said on nexus, you should remove the animation when Geralt is fighting... Otherwise he keeps his arm in a strange position which makes the sword clip with Geralt's leg!

I said the same thing, but it appears the way it was done would prevent that. I suggested a different method or giving it a try myself if I knew which parts of the file was edited, but never got a reply.

I have a bigger question - do people actually want all the E3/VGX stuff regardless of whether it is better or worse than what the retail game offers? It's awesome to bring back some stuff that was cut out, but some of it was cut out because it was kind of crap or wasn't working that well. That doesn't seem to bother people. If it's E3/VGX, then it's automatically better than what the retail game offers... I mean how is this animation better than vanilla?

I'm looking as hard as I can but cannot find anything which implies that this mod does something better than vanilla. As any other mod, this comes down to personal preference, if anything. Author of this mod liked the way Geralt hold his sword in pre-vanilla games, so he made a mod with it.

Mods like HDReworked are great example of mod being better than vanilla. Mods like VGX Walk with Sword, lighting mods or reshade come down to personal preference. No need to create wars between people that like certain mods better than the others. What *you* think is irrelevant here. (speaking generally)

Also, if you liked E3 more or VGX or more, that's perfectly fine, but don't expect that everyone does too. Community of TW3 modding, as little as it is, don't like stupid request which generally don't bring anything interesting into the game, while they only try to mimic something from previous presentations.

My 2 cents (in friendly and politically correct way to not offend anyone and to not get this post deleted)

Last edited:
girlfriends_hijab;n10840551 said:
I'm looking as hard as I can but cannot find anything which implies that this mod does something better than vanilla. As any other mod, this comes down to personal preference, if anything. Author of this mod liked the way Geralt hold his sword in pre-vanilla games, so he made a mod with it.

Mods like HDReworked are great example of mod being better than vanilla. Mods like VGX Walk with Sword, lighting mods or reshade come down to personal preference. No need to create wars between people that like certain mods better than the others. What *you* think is irrelevant here. (speaking generally)

Also, if you liked E3 more or VGX or more, that's perfectly fine, but don't expect that everyone does too. Community of TW3 modding, as little as it is, don't like stupid request which generally don't bring anything interesting into the game, while they only try to mimic something from previous presentations.

My 2 cents (in friendly and politically correct way to not offend anyone and to not get this post deleted)

Well, there would not be such madness with E3 or VGX if there were better tools, indeed. I am sure that if there was possibility to recreate W1/2 in new Redkit, add new quests, create new maps, monsters etc. then less people would care about all those demo stuff. That is because people like to have the specific target/goal and because Reds did not create more possibilities for modders then everything is so monothematic and goes around E3.

But because this is the topic about VGX walking I would like to state my opinion. It irritates me when modder or simple player calls sth what is not VGX/E3 - VGX/E3. And here we have another example how the legend about magical VGX arises:

ScoutBr0 shared here a few months ago a gif with 100% VGX sword walking animation https://media.giphy.com/media/xUNd9ZLRzfc0ovPGx2/source.mp4 but as far as I remember it was very buggy. Now he uses vanilla animation and calls it VGX SWORD WALKING. It is simply a lie (it is a fact, I do not have motivation to hurt anyone) because it is not VGX animation and ScoutBr0, for sure, is aware of it.
And such behaviour spoils the modding community because it creates thinking that only mod which is called E3/VGX is a good mod, worth to try(ScoutBr0 mod is really nice).
I do not like it.

It's a meme! Pls stop the walls of text!

I really like this mod tho it bothers me that i can't use it with "both hands on sword" and "E3 moves (playble)"
There should be one mod that combines those mods and maybe even improves the E3 jumping, dodging, etc. a "definitive E3 and VGX animation pack"! That would be something, lmao XD
​​

Last edited:
Pr0eliator;n10840781 said:
And such behaviour spoils the modding community because it creates thinking that only mod which is called E3/VGX is a good mod, worth to try(ScoutBr0 mod is really nice). I do not like it.

First, it wasn't made by ScoutBr0 , just FYI.
Second, read the first sentece in the description of the mod. Twice, if needed.
Third, calling it VGX is more of a meme then being serious from my side. It resembles to it, and I'm fine with that.

Also, the animation gif you linked is animation used in one cutscene, you cannot control it, its just being played on that pic. You can't do anything with it with current tools.

Guest 3841499

paulscotttt;n10840641 said:
when people confuse opinion/preference with "E3/VGX automatically better"

:facepalm:

Because both modders and mod downloaders pushed that idea to such extent that it no longer became a preference/opinion. It became a fact :D.

Anyway, back to animation. If it was meant to only appear as Geralt walked through/in water, then is there no "water trigger" that could be activated or a script written to enable that animation only when Geralt is actually walking through/in water?

Again, I wish I knew the specifics of what was edited/changed. Looking at that might have provided to the answer to the question I just asked.

MonarchX;n10841021 said:
Anyway, back to animation. If it was meant to only appear as Geralt walked through/in water, then is there no "water trigger" that could be activated or a script written to enable that animation only when Geralt is actually walking through/in water?

that is literally how it works by default in vanilla... the animation only plays when in water with a sword out.

That's it for "opinion vs. fact", please. It's modding. It's all opinion. All the time. Everywhere. There is no exception. It --

Ah. Back on topic already, I see. Very good...very good... Yes. Excellent.

Top Bottom