relic swords and clothing

+
relic swords and clothing

I am new to the forum, so please bear with me.
I pick up relic weapons and are just unable to sell them, but of course my inventory gets to full, even after 100 max saddlebags. Can't we have a place at Kaer Moran to put them on the wall please
I have the the Tir Tochair Blade , Carabella, and Gwestog, they are beautiful, and I can't sell the the original hunting clothes.
Please give us a area where we can keep relic clothing and weapons, and free our saddlebags from them
thank you!!!

I'm the same I have kept every sword I found with 3 slots only replacing them if i find an identical one with higher stats & I'm maxed out all the time. I found using the Fiend decocation was the answer. I think I got from from the Quest Return to Crookback bog & it lets you carry everything without any weight limits for 30 minutes. All I did then was drop my swords before I started another quest take some white honey then pick them back up again when I had completed it making sure I had made a save just in case they vanished when I got back.

Yeah, I was hauling things like that for a while until I realized they weren't unique, instead they're were just levelled equipment that you'll just pick up again at a later point. Actually, it was quite liberating to be able to get rid of them.

I don't really like the leveling system for equipment.
It leads to nonsensical situations like unique quest swords like
Hattori's Blade from the Bits, or the Frozen thingy you get in Skellige's ruler quests
and others to be downgraded to junk status very very quickly.
If you happne to gain a couple of levels, you may find random weaponsmiths/merchants selling better generic swords than your newly acquired relic a couple days later.
Or even on the same day, as there seems to be level ranges, not exact progressive leveling.

Couple that with the absence of a fixed storage mechanic, and you have to get rid of them ASAP too.
Shame.

I don't really like the leveling system for equipment.
It leads to nonsensical situations like unique quest swords like
Hattori's Blade from the Bits, or the Frozen thingy you get in Skellige's ruler quests
and others to be downgraded to junk status very very quickly.
If you happne to gain a couple of levels, you may find random weaponsmiths/merchants selling better generic swords than your newly acquired relic a couple days later.
Or even on the same day, as there seems to be level ranges, not exact progressive leveling.

Couple that with the absence of a fixed storage mechanic, and you have to get rid of them ASAP too.
Shame.

agree with that. at mid lower levels it means you may have something like 5-6 different sword swith oh so fancy elven names but the most powerful weapon you have is dull axe and you cant use it because it's level capped. same goes for armours, where light medium and heavy are just senseless, since you get light armours with better armour stats that heavy. it takes way from the experience and immersion. Weapons should have a fix level, and all in all you should be able to handle them all, it's not that you dont know how to use a sword.

TBH the very idea of levelling in a game like TW3 is weak. You are a 150 yo witcher, what can you learn in a few months to make you able to handle a sword or use your signs significantly better than all you did in your previous years? You are not an anonymous inmate in a Elders Scroll game, you are Geralt of Rivia, you are who you are and you are not certainly going to learn how to use Axii or heavy strikes better in a week of nekker hunting. Also the thing that you can swap your skills around remembering how to make Quen domes by forgetting how to parry arrows is immersion breaking.

This is a great storytelling game, and sceneries are great, and battle could be improved, but the game mechanics are very weak IMHO.

Yep, weapon's autolevelling is very strange decision. In Witcher 3 casual Novigrad's sword can be better than legendary relic items. Very stupid, IMO.

Top Bottom