Relic weapons low specs??

+

vladgiurgiubv

Relic weapons low specs??

am lvl 11 and completed the quest where at the end you find "the emmentaler" and it has 93-113 damage...why? shouldn't it have 225 dmg?
thanks!

It's a steel sword and has useful secondary characteristics. It is low damage because that is how the game engine calculates stats for low level weapons, and steel is always lower than silver in that ratio of around 1:2 against the vulnerable target group (but the 'off' sword only does 1 point damage plus bonuses, so it isn't wise to use the wrong sword).

vladgiurgiubv

But what I don't get is this: If I was a higher level when I opened the chest, the sword would have had higher dmg? right?

Mostly, though not always.

Not a design choice I really like, but it is how it is, and working as designed.

At any level, witcher gear is probably the best overall, with some relics coming close (or having better combinations of stats for what you want to accomplish).
After that consideration Relic gear has higher numbers of rune slots, and biases slightly higher in damage and soft stats than a non-relic weapon, but there isn't too much in it except re-sale value and repair costs, "level" overwhelms all other stats when more than a handful of levels different (though... burning, freezing, stunning etc are valuable if they trigger often enough, as they stunlock their targets - overall not worth the loss of too much damage for though).

vladgiurgiubv

so what is your recommendation? should I go on tresure hunts that don't lead to witcher gear? because as I see it, only tresure hunts that have witcher gear as a reward are worth doing...too bad :(

How should I go about looting to get a kick out of this part of the game?

I mean I would love to go on tresure hunts that are very difficult and then find a relic weapons that looks nice and has great stats...
I guess the looting system is not to my liking...I have to open every barrel, chest etc. (toooooo many of them....30% of the time in-game I spend on looting random containers....which is very very annoying) and it's something I don't like...add the fact that weapon specs in drops scale with your level....and you get a boring looting system that give no incentive to explore, loot etc...

they could have put a bit more thought into this....looting every single thing that you come across is not a good gameplay mechanic....it's not even addictive...it's just plain boring

(btw. please move the thread into the right section...I posted it into the wrong one)

Relics are often useful, Emmentaler was one I used still in the 20s as it has (iirc) a high burn chance... The stunlock this gives, combined with Whirl gives a very good chance of inflicting high damage against many enemy types.

I tend to collect and sell some weapons (relics offer better return). Stash some of the others, and leave more for later - as you noted, the relics in caches level up with the player and gain value as they do - collecting some of these when there is a large sum of cash required and selling a few to each merchant who trades weapons can easily cover any requirement you may meet.

I personally do the story based collections/hunts, but only collect caches when in need of sellable loot or when literally passing over them. I'm not even all that thorough about looting - I do pick over stuff that looks hidden or 'spoils of war' but don't pick over every peasant hut or wagon. You really don't *need* to loot everything and there is an excess of stuff that you could collect if you have nothing better to do. Just grab as much as you need/want and follow those 'story/note/map' based mini-hunts rather than too much cache clearing. (Note breaking down unwanted relic items often gives scarce/expensive crafting materials (including dimeritium) which you may need for the witcher sets ~ so another reason to bother minimally at least).

Top Bottom