[RELz]Primer

+
BTW, have you thought of add your "Convenient Looting· into your mod? I mean not as a separate mod.

He provided a premerged of convenient looting already. You maybe missed it.

One think I personally would like to have is a separate "Cooked Quantity" slider for Potions and Bombs. I'd like to have 1 potion cooked each time but like 2 or 3 bombs.
I don't know if it's a simple thing to add.Don't bother if it's too much time consuming.
Actually, if something like this could be done, that would be great. I mean, this way we could almost get rid of the current 'decotion-one-time-only' problem I think,

I think I found another bug: I don't lose health when my toxicity is above the threshold (when the health bar turns green).

Another thing I noticed is the skill heightened tolerance: It increases overdose threshold by 5% per point, instead of 1% as in Vanilla.

Edit: another one > If you press L while riding Roach, you get stuck below him in the meditation postion. You can't exit by holding L, nor can you walk away.

Last edited:
so, i found a weird bug
I don't think you could really do anything about it., cause of the way animations work.

But..
If you sail a boat, and you eat something (while animation is enabled), the animation will overwrite the sailing.
Which results in you getting dropped into the water...BUT the boat will be still directed by you.
I mean, if you swim to the left, the boat will go to the left, too...

Pretty hilarious ghost-boats

EDIT
After a time, (probably because the boat will sink), Geralt will become freezed. Won't be able to do anything.

New update released bringing compatibility with patch 1.21, addressing numerous bugs and adding a few cool features.
Thank you guys for the bug reports and suggestions.

All the strings are now contained into a single localization file. If anyone want to translate the mod into their own language it's very simple now; just send me a pm and I'll give you the file to translate. It's only about 100 lines long.

@sumnor: I sent you a pm containing one line of code that will prevent mutagens from being consumed when brewing decoctions. I would still strongly encourage you not to use it as I believe, even though it may seem fun at first, it will be detrimental to the enjoyment of the game in the long run. Specially after the change I made to the Side Effects skill and the increased mutagen drop rate that came with the expansion.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi..nice mod but...how can I set higher toxicity for the potion? I can drink six or seven potions without get intoxicated! And is there a way to stop the spinning camera during fast forward meditation? It's spinning my head! :) Thnx!

EDIT: Tried a new game (not NG+) and toxicity works fine with your mod..so I've loaded a NG+ savegame and reset all the abilities coz i though was a matter of alchemy tree...but no, even taking back Geralt at the very first stadium toxicity doesn't works...I've used about 12 potions to start to see a little intoxication...help pls! :(

Last edited:
Hi..nice mod but...how can I set higher toxicity for the potion? I can drink six or seven potions without get intoxicated! And is there a way to stop the spinning camera during fast forward meditation? It's spinning my head! :) Thnx!

EDIT: Tried a new game (not NG+) and toxicity works fine with your mod..so I've loaded a NG+ savegame and reset all the abilities coz i though was a matter of alchemy tree...but no, even taking back Geralt at the very first stadium toxicity doesn't works...I've used about 12 potions to start to see a little intoxication...help pls! :(

Do you use any other mods? because it works fine for me!

Hi! A lot but all of them are pure textures and similar...nothing tha could change the gameplay..I used Preparation mods but i've unsitalled it...

Hey, can anyone help me out here? Trying to get Primer to work with Brutal Combat and a few other mods (minor merges that get done automatically, mostly - Slots, slots, slots being the main one). Unfortunately, the problem I'm running into is that when I try to get up from alchemy, I can't. I go into the real-time meditation, I go to the alchemy panel, make potions, come out, then when I hold the hotkey to leave real-time meditation, nothing. Of course, when I release it, it slips back into the alchemy panel, so the end result is being stuck like that.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here? What ws file that's located in so I can try to figure out how to fix it?

Hey, can anyone help me out here? Trying to get Primer to work with Brutal Combat and a few other mods (minor merges that get done automatically, mostly - Slots, slots, slots being the main one). Unfortunately, the problem I'm running into is that when I try to get up from alchemy, I can't. I go into the real-time meditation, I go to the alchemy panel, make potions, come out, then when I hold the hotkey to leave real-time meditation, nothing. Of course, when I release it, it slips back into the alchemy panel, so the end result is being stuck like that.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here? What ws file that's located in so I can try to figure out how to fix it?

did you add these to your input.settings?

[Exploration]
IK_Space=(Action=MoveTimeFoward)
IK_L=(Action=ExitMedState,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)
IK_Pad_LeftThumb=(Action=PanelAlch,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.1)
IK_Pad_LeftThumb=(Action=ExitMedState,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)
IK_Pad_DigitRight=(Action=MoveTimeFoward)

did you add these to your input.settings?

[Exploration]
IK_Space=(Action=MoveTimeFoward)
IK_L=(Action=ExitMedState,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)
IK_Pad_LeftThumb=(Action=PanelAlch,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.1)
IK_Pad_LeftThumb=(Action=ExitMedState,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)
IK_Pad_DigitRight=(Action=MoveTimeFoward)

Yeah, of course.

just in case, add them again, because my game sometimes doesnt save the for first (might happen to someone else)

Also, could you show us your script conflicts?
I use brutal combat & primer, and it works well

Nobody?? :(

just in case, add them again, because my game sometimes doesnt save the for first (might happen to someone else)

Also, could you show us your script conflicts?
I use brutal combat & primer, and it works well

No, I checked the file - they're in there. And the scripts compile just fine (though a few I'm doing by line instead of Script Merger doing them for me - with Brutal Combat) and the game starts up just fine. I just can't come out of meditation.

Update released bringing compatibility with the latest game version, a couple of fixes including a fix for the infamous oil reset bug and a new potion category system which should facilitate the potion creation process.

For anyone interested, this is the code I sent Sumnor to make decoctions not consume any mutagens when brewing:
navigate to the mod folder and open the script alchemyManger.ws, go to line 296, right after "else", and type :

if (StrFindLast(NameToString(recipe.requiredIngredien ts.itemName), " mutagen") < 0)

The whole thing should end up like this:

Code:
else
{	if (StrFindLast(NameToString(recipe.requiredIngredients[i].itemName), " mutagen") < 0)
		thePlayer.inv.RemoveItemByName(recipe.requiredIngredients[i].itemName, recipe.requiredIngredients[i].quantity);
	if (dm.ItemHasTag(recipe.requiredIngredients[i].itemName, 'StrongAlcohol') && recipe.requiredIngredients[i].itemName != 'Empty bottle' && alchemy_extender.bottle_recycling)
		thePlayer.inv.AddAnItem('Empty bottle', recipe.requiredIngredients[i].quantity);		
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom