Remove dirty camera effects

+
Remove dirty camera effects

When you see the sun glare, you see the dried up raindrops on the camera. I find it reduces visibility and detracts from the game. Are we supposed to believe there is a cameraman behind Geralt all the time? I don't like the drops sticking on the camera in the rain eiher, but I can live with it.Can the camera man at least wipe the glass clean after it has rained? I prefer to see the game instead of fake dirty lenses.

Casual gamer in year 2015 = One of these rich citizens living in Novigrad? :p My water is too hot, my water is too cold.

Just joking ,)

Somehow i like the cam effects, maybe one of the next patches may include so change/lower it though .ini settings.

Yes! That is so distracting! But what is worse is when I point anywhere near the direction of the sun or the moon, the entire screen becomes a white (or yellow, or green or gray) GLARE... covering the complete screen! I can see nothing else but GLARE! I don't know if 'everybody' sees this, but it completely ruins the game for me. I have the debugger console installed, but other than this, everything is vanilla 1.05
I sure hope the next version update will have a way to remove this glare for those of us who DON'T WANT IT!

These dirt mask camera effect should really be optional. I generally like such effects, but in TW3 it seems out of place and way too strong.

In the day and age where a drone hovers behind us to give the third-person external view, you'd think the camera would have a hood or force-field to keep the lens clean. If the devs are going for "realism", well...I can't remember the last time my eyes got water spots on them that affected my vision like we see in the game.

Uh, are you sure they are really part of the game? When I first saw them when looking at the sun, I realized how dirty my monitor was and I cleaned it. The result? No more dirty spots . . ..

Would they really add dirty spots? I want to know! The water splashing on the screen when sailing, ok, sure, I can see that they intended it, but dirty spots added to the game seems dirty. I'm not too sure they did because my screen is clean and I don't see them when looking at the sun.

Yeah, I would also like the option to remove that dirty camera effect. It makes no sense. Is there a camera man holding the camera and needs to clean his lens?

EDIT - Worth clarifying that I only dislike the spots when you look at the sun. I want those gone. I like having the rain and other effects on the camera. That's cool.

Last edited:
Yes! That is so distracting! But what is worse is when I point anywhere near the direction of the sun or the moon, the entire screen becomes a white (or yellow, or green or gray) GLARE... covering the complete screen! I can see nothing else but GLARE! I don't know if 'everybody' sees this, but it completely ruins the game for me. I have the debugger console installed, but other than this, everything is vanilla 1.05
I sure hope the next version update will have a way to remove this glare for those of us who DON'T WANT IT!

How do you know it's not in 1.07?

Uh, are you sure they are really part of the game? When I first saw them when looking at the sun, I realized how dirty my monitor was and I cleaned it. The result? No more dirty spots . . ..

Would they really add dirty spots? I want to know! The water splashing on the screen when sailing, ok, sure, I can see that they intended it, but dirty spots added to the game seems dirty. I'm not too sure they did because my screen is clean and I don't see them when looking at the sun.

Troll is trolling

Trololololololo!

I like the effects. It makes rainstorms problematic. Kind of like they would be in real life. Minus the cold, risk of fever, wind buffeting you around, slippery footing, etc.. In most games you can just completely ignore the weather.

Well, to be fair, you can ignore it here, too.

I still hold out hope for a mod that substantially increases wind and rain/snow to tornado/blizzard levels both visually and 'physically', that actually force you to find shelter in the game.

Kind of like in the new tomb raider game trailer.

Would really enjoy having the option to disable those dirty camera effects. They're very distracting and make me sad.

This thread is actually fair enough. While I hate to criticize CDPR in any way after the masterful achievement that is Wild Hunt...

...the one universal negative that I have is the lack of player control over Geralt. The game draws your weapons for you, it moves the camera for you, it targets enemies for you, it covers your screen in goop to exhibit weather, it forces you into cutscenes at inopportune moments, it equips gear for you when you transition between areas...

As amazingly open and player-driven as the story choices and world are, these forced mechanics are a bit of an odd design decision. While I personally love the screen filter effects for weather, mud in your face, Witcher Senses, etc., I would wholeheartedly support options to toggle them on and off. Let the player decide.

• RED Point
Reactions: Fuz
This thread is actually fair enough. While I hate to criticize CDPR in any way after the masterful achievement that is Wild Hunt...

...the one universal negative that I have is the lack of player control over Geralt. The game draws your weapons for you, it moves the camera for you, it targets enemies for you, it covers your screen in goop to exhibit weather, it forces you into cutscenes at inopportune moments, it equips gear for you when you transition between areas...

As amazingly open and player-driven as the story choices and world are, these forced mechanics are a bit of an odd design decision. While I personally love the screen filter effects for weather, mud in your face, Witcher Senses, etc., I would wholeheartedly support options to toggle them on and off. Let the player decide.

Great points.

Hopefully all of these areas will be accessible to modders in some way or another.

Top Bottom