Remove resurection from NG

+
so sick of round3 ointment 16point vipers+2point novices, Alchemy has an average of 14point bronzes which is silver type value !! :mad:

I agree, I would also like to see the resurrecting mechanic removed from Nilfgaard, but for an entirely different reason.

Not from the balancing perspective, but for the sake of variety and faction identity. Ointment and Yennefer: Necromancer are rather boring cards.

Not all, i would like to see spy NG again.
Its not about losing, i get mad because i get massacred by 7vipers. They kill even archespores and have extravalue.

rrc

Forum veteran
Nerf All Of Nilfgard because Pruny doesn't like losing to them.
Very funny :)
Not all, i would like to see spy NG again.
Its not about losing, i get mad because i get massacred by 7vipers. They kill even archespores and have extravalue.
I also loathe VWs, not for their 15 points bronze play (it is fine to be played 3 times), but playing it 7 times (just to clarify how 7 times, 3 Ointment and 1 Triss:Telekenesis). That is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully during Homecoming, they are fixed (along with the SK abominations).

I dislike playing against alchemy also, but then again CDPR say that every card will change at homecoming so...

Sure, my point as well. Not expecting is going to happen before, just from the theoretical perspective would make sense. But don't get me wrong, not blaming CDPR. For me personally is anyhow better after slave drivers were changed, they were much more frustrating as vipers for me.

But had to admit, played a while yesterday and no alchemy encountered.. What a nice evening it was :)

played a while yesterday and no alchemy encountered.. What a nice evening it was :)
I have noticed less VW in this season also, they almost always beat my reveal deck, but the point spam one (that Pruny loves) doesn't have any trouble with them. The Alchemy decks I have run into seem to contain less Viper Witchers for some reason?

I have noticed less VW in this season also, they almost always beat my reveal deck, but the point spam one (that Pruny loves) doesn't have any trouble with them. The Alchemy decks I have run into seem to contain less Viper Witchers for some reason?

If you are struggling with reveal vs alchemy, try playing letho-regis reveal, scorch/bork/draught archetypes aren't that effective. The other thing is - try stefan and boost your mangonel (while also placing it at the top of the deck). That way use either vrigeff to pull 12 str mangonel (you don't even need more than 1 mangonel in that case, other 2 mangonels are 9 str bronzes that are instantly deleted, in other words - they are garbage) or alchemist to cycle your deck (revealing daerlan, you should have at least one in the starting deck). Place 12 str mangonel on board - insta-win the round. No 10-11 damage witcher hate denying engine anymore.

You can also use stefan as a finisher in reveal if your draws were unlucky, like vrigeff in last round - just boost scorpion (any other machine) by 5 and pull it with vrigeff. Stefan is really good in reveal deck. Boosting bork to not let it die to something like seltkirk, etc.

Stefan is actually really good all around card (especially with roach) in almost any NG deck. Let's you boost your engine away from insta-delete range, gives you needed cards (even CA spy if you are in a real trouble) and can also serve as a finisher if you put roach back with assire (or did not trigger it) by boosting it by 5 - effectively making it 19 point gold with 2 bodies and outside of scorch range.

On a side note, stefan also counters the alchemies (and by an extension handbuff) favourite guardian, removing the golem from the top of the deck, unbricking some of your cards. Can put assire on top and shuffle witchers back in their deck, that works too.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
The Alchemy decks I have run into seem to contain less Viper Witchers for some reason?

Is my feeling as well, but lingering somewhere round rank 14 recently- so there is significant risk they just come later :) Round 20 is always lot of them..

Is my feeling as well, but lingering somewhere round rank 14 recently- so there is significant risk they just come later :) Round 20 is always lot of them..

Yeah, the typical viper witcher decks usually show up a lot once you get to rank 16 or higher.
Before that you get to see a lot of non-meta stuff in ranked.

While we're at it, let's nerf SK res... or Veterans. Because, according to OP, 14 point bronzes shouldn't exist. Easily 18 point GS and 16 point 3rd round Beastmasters... *whistles

Yeah Ointment was a bit of a mistake, NG shouldn't have res, probably beside Yen (who should be able to target both GYs for soldiers), but the devs wanted more GY interaction.
Personally i would have taken another route, using GY while keeping all factions different, as example:
SK = normal resurrects as usual
NG = additional effects based on amount of cards in graveyard, think Crow's Eye being NG exclusive mechanic
ST = special card resurrections only, they already have a leader for it
MS = consuming the dead
NR = sending them back to the deck

Rather they go the other way and give everyone reasonable forms of resurrect for units. Make SK faction identity something else (before they give them 14 forms of resurrect in Homecoming, because faction identity means spam resurrections). Don't give anyone the ability to resurrect units more than 3-4ish times tops. The issue with resurrect has never been with resurrect itself. It's been with poorly designed cards those resurrects go into, and the ability to chain resurrect more than other decks can reasonably control.

Why resurrecting cards in such industrial scale at all? From the deck variety perspective, would be much better to have more varying mechanics than have exactly one mechanic per fraction that works and rest of the deck aimed just to revive this all the time again and again..

Top Bottom