Remove taunting

+

Madae

Forum veteran
It's irritating and toxic. I happen to get placed against some anti-me deck and some kid spamming taunts as he shuts down every one of my combos makes me dislike this game even more than I do normally.

It's irritating and toxic. I happen to get placed against some anti-me deck and some kid spamming taunts as he shuts down every one of my combos makes me dislike this game even more than I do normally.

As already said, you can just mute them. I personally would even like to have the option to write with my opponent (while still be able to mute them, if I want to.) So you can trashtalk, discuss and taunt etc., especially when they play [ . . . ] unitless decks.

Moderator's note: Please, refrain from mentioning diseases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually only use one taunt at the beginning of the game, because I'm going after that contract. Except when I play Crach... It's something about his yelling I have to keep trolling the opponent :). AN CRAIIIITE!!!

I usually only use one taunt at the beginning of the game, because I'm going after that contract. Except when I play Crach... It's something about his yelling I have to keep trolling the opponent :). AN CRAIIIITE!!!
It's also very nice when the opponent is roping and you want them to hurry up.

Why on earth would taunting bother anybody? The game is more or less only about shut-down and counters. The taunts are a bit of light relief! Harald's are particularly funny.

I've never had something like that happen actually. And I've played both super and tragic games. I prefer to call it "communication" rather than taunting. It's kind of a fun thing, not used alot, but when it does it's not bad. What I mean, I can't remember a single time where it seems to have been used with bad intentions.

In a competitive spirit, sure it is used, but not in a toxic way.

Regarding "kids", the game has a 16+ age rating. Sure, some 16 year olds might be immature, but so might some 40 year olds.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The taunts could definitely use some improvement, but with 30 leaders, the costs of voiceacting, for just one or two taunts is probably not worth it, which is a shame.

Sometimes i genuinally want to commend my opponent for a good move and the leader just says something trashy, while others i do some error or get incredible RNG bad luck and wanna curse and my leader says something totally different (bring back 'Damn it')

Yeah, the taunts could use an overhaul. Usurper is particularly bad for wordy taunts that just don't seem to fit the context of the situation.

The taunt contract is overkill.
Taunt in 1000 games... for 2 RP. I wonder how many opponents get salty and refuse a GG after because of a taunt. Oh well, I'm 500 games in, might as well try and finish it.

The problem with taunts is that they are terribly inconsistent. "Mistake" in case of Anna Henrietta means we admit our own mistake, while in case of many others it is implying opponent's mistake. Not to mention that most of monster leader taunts are impossible to understand, same as Dana's.

The problem with taunts is that they are terribly inconsistent. "Mistake" in case of Anna Henrietta means we admit our own mistake, while in case of many others it is implying opponent's mistake. Not to mention that most of monster leader taunts are impossible to understand, same as Dana's.
I think they do a good job with non English taunts.
Dana bad move has a mocking tone. Hurry up sounds super annoyed. Thank you sounds tranquil.
The Monster ones do this too. It's one of little details that I appreciate cdpr for

Some time ago, in times when every leader had his unique ability I always plays Princess Adda (even when she was considered as off-meta leader) only because I love her taunts. I am playing her until today. Taunts are very important part of Gwent, and removing them could be disastrous mistake by devs. To the countary - they should be improved consistently IMO

Last edited:
Top Bottom