Remove the Phone Function

+
I do not understand why people are constantly calling my character with the most bizarre crap.
It is endless.

Over and over people are texting me and calling me with mundane and boring garbage. Why is this a thing? This is straight out of 2008's GTA IV and Roman constantly bugging you to go play bowling.

This phone has become a crutch for CDPR to use to push quests and functions forward rather than actually developing for it. Why are cars bought and sold over text message? Texting? Seriously? Spam calls for random people you don't even know, how are they even getting your phone number. No this has to stop.

If there is a quest then trigger it when I get close. Make it cinematic like a character is running and approaches you for help.
Or I go to the fixer myself and negotiate a reward for their latest job. Kind of like the witcher. Make it interesting.

Screw Regina and the rest of the fixers, I ain't their maid.

I do not understand why people are constantly calling my character with the most bizarre crap.
It is endless.

Over and over people are texting me and calling me with mundane and boring garbage. Why is this a thing? This is straight out of 2008's GTA IV and Roman constantly bugging you to go play bowling.

This phone has become a crutch for CDPR to use to push quests and functions forward rather than actually developing for it. Why are cars bought and sold over text message? Texting? Seriously? Spam calls for random people you don't even know, how are they even getting your phone number. No this has to stop.

If there is a quest then trigger it when I get close. Make it cinematic like a character is running and approaches you for help.
Or I go to the fixer myself and negotiate a reward for their latest job. Kind of like the witcher. Make it interesting.

Screw Regina and the rest of the fixers, I ain't their maid.

'Hey cousin, let's go bowling!'

'Hey, it's Bryony here!'

'Hi. Lester here. You checked out that bunker on Mazebank yet...?'

yea, the phone call system could do with some work, imho side gigs could be sent via text msg or just check the inbox on your computer in your apartment, cos as far as I can see, that computer serves no purpose atm.

The Phone is a nightmare. Nothing worse than chasing down a cab and getting interrupted by the Asian fixer and not being able to hear her conversation because Delmain is trying to call you too because you have caught up with one of the cabs.

Soooo I accepted a job from the fixer and I have no clue what the job is. I will have to check my journal.

I JUST WANT A "MUTE PHONE" BUTTON! Sorry for yelling... but yeah - the constant ringing makes me mad :eek:

My caller ID is jacked up.
XSX: Delamain is now removed after the 1.05 patch, but everyone’s caller is is split horizontally or missing pieces.

I would like to keep the phone and have it be more improved like a true do not disturb option when not doing side quest. Then something you can activate when you're ready to use it. Would also like it to be more visual as well, with better calling and receiving options.

Its terribly implemented.

Why offer me an answer button if the game is going to automatically answer for me if I don't press it. Why can't I turn it off?

Don't make the mistake of taking Delamain's questline if your not going to do it right away, he will call you all the time, in the middle of missions, in the middle of dialogue you name it. He is relentless and you can't ignore his calls or tell him to F off.

I just wish the phone UI you know actually looked like a phone! Its really confusing having incoming text be in red and my response be blue then change to the same red as the other person message when they reply making it hard to differentiate between the who said what, also literally no sounds effects or anything just very un-immersive way to do this type of thing.

It's basically a phone in your head. Why in 2077 would anyone have a phone in their head receiving text messages?

I have a weird problem with the phone. Whenever somebody calls V just hangs up and I can't do anything about it.
Usually that happens when my character is locked in a conversation or something that takes priority.

I've had a fixer call just as I got to a mission area. The call would get cut off and the call about the mission would start. After that call ended sometimes it would auto call the fixer back and V would go "So you were saying?" and then the fixer would continue what they were talking about.

From time to time the auto call back wouldn't trigger. Not that I'm complaining.

Usually that happens when my character is locked in a conversation or something that takes priority.

I've had a fixer call just as I got to a mission area. The call would get cut off and the call about the mission would start. After that call ended sometimes it would auto call the fixer back and V would go "So you were saying?" and then the fixer would continue what they were talking about.

From time to time the auto call back wouldn't trigger. Not that I'm complaining.
In my experience, calls from fixers didn't get interrupted but the calls from other people did. I also can't call Takemura, Mr. Hands etc. When I try calling them V says "I don't have time" or something like that and hangs up and I can't really follow the main quest. Or some of the side quest as well beacuse they all requcire callinig someone to start the quest.

It's basically a phone in your head. Why in 2077 would anyone have a phone in their head receiving text messages?

Can be me ... but this is exactly what I think will happen. Text-messages and augmented reality (again text) all the time and everywhere. Easiest way to communicate without an extra tool, which you have to carry around. -> Message in your eye-implant, tripple blink to activate recording, speak your message, message will be send to the eye-implant of the other person. - Maybe four-time blink for audio recording ... different receiving system ...

And think further ... advertisement, that you can't "not watch" as it will be on your eye-implant in pre-set and fixed times.

Back to topic:
I am still in act 1 and here I like the phone call function. It is a easy way to receive quests while being in town. Could be done via another messaging system ... but why should I carry around an extra tool? I like it ... but it seems I am not at the annoying parts in the story.

Regards

TW3 had rich interactions with minor NPC's in the open world. Here ? Regina Jones ( or other Fixer ) just calls us and explain everything in two sentences - and we supost to care.

It's like CDPR were afraid it's going to be too much "work" for the players to actualy DRIVE somewhere to talk with NPC's.
Same thing goes for "vending machines " - I HATE THEM. Instead making me go to weapon vendor, I can just drop everything to some magical machine.

Phone call lazy missions and vending machines are the weirdest things in this game.

TW3 had rich interactions with minor NPC's in the open world. Here ? Regina Jones ( or other Fixer ) just calls us and explain everything in two sentences - and we supost to care.

It's like CDPR were afraid it's going to be too much "work" for the players to actualy DRIVE somewhere to talk with NPC's.
Same thing goes for "vending machines " - I HATE THEM. Instead making me go to weapon vendor, I can just drop everything to some magical machine.

Phone call lazy missions and vending machines are the weirdest things in this game.

I completely agree. Right now I refuse to do anything that solely comes from the phone.

No thanks.

Top Bottom