Removed, hidden skill tree?

+
I noticed that on the Character screen. Were the Attributes are that if you hover the mouse in the Middle screen were it shows the character level and click. A empty box becomes visible between Int and Cool. It has the outline of the other skill trees but no name. If you click on it nothing happens and it disapears soon after.

Could have been a bug or me just imagining after a long workday. Anyone else notice this?

If it is a removed Skill tree. What do you think it was?
I believe it was a Driving Skill tree. Since we got tons of Cars and Motorcycles and no real use for them outside of getting to point A to B.

A driving skill tree XD
Thats complete useless man, what would be the benefit?
Even the "races" are complete crap, thats just some magnetic spawn and pop somewhere driving.

Since its there and if you ask me, badly hidden with some glitch effect, there surelly has been something before what will come back in the future.

Maybe its been some common environmental stuff regarding walking, running, diving
who can tell

Most likely remnants of more cut content; and they did not have time to redesign the UI.

My guess is the last few weeks/months before release were just a mad cut and stick process to get at least somewhat playable version out of the door, and everything that could be cut was just cut.
All you have to look at is the downgrade from a promised revolutionary RPG, to a simple "action-adventure story." That kind of tells you all you need to know about what the game could have been if not rushed, and what it actually is, and no matter what they do it will never be what it could have been.

Hopefully one day in a distant future we will hear the full story of the botched Cyberpunk development from some insiders;

Last edited:
IMO its a badly implemented story element. IE, Its actually Johnnies engram, stuck in our data port. It only appears after you complete "The Heist", so its not a character element (since its not actually needed for the player character).

If thats the case, wouldnt that mean that when ever you give Johnny the control that all of V´s learned knowledge skills are replaced with... whatever Johnny Silverhand specialized on in his former life? I mean V´s gathered knowledge is what makes out his personality.. from birth on.. forcing that to subside.. means the everything learned by V is disabled?

Still when you play with Silverhand being dominant, the abilites are the same as if V is in controle.

Hm this confuses me.. where were we?

If thats the case, wouldnt that mean that when ever you give Johnny the control that all of V´s learned knowledge skills are replaced with... whatever Johnny Silverhand specialized on in his former life? I mean V´s gathered knowledge is what makes out his personality.. from birth on.. forcing that to subside.. means the everything learned by V is disabled?

Still when you play with Silverhand being dominant, the abilites are the same as if V is in controle.

Hm this confuses me.. where were we?

Well it depends on how you read the story and interpret it. Personally I see it as if V is being "taken over" with his/her personality replaced. But muscle memory, physical attributes and so on are kept. Johnny makes reference to this on how he reacts to being in a female body, mentioning how the chemical changes are having an effect on how he thinks and acts at times.

That or its a "HumanX" stat that is yet to be implemented. IE how much humanity you have remaining vs AI/cyber implants.

I noticed that on the Character screen. Were the Attributes are that if you hover the mouse in the Middle screen were it shows the character level and click. A empty box becomes visible between Int and Cool. It has the outline of the other skill trees but no name. If you click on it nothing happens and it disapears soon after.

This should be johnny siverhand skilltree

I believe it was a Driving Skill tree. Since we got tons of Cars and Motorcycles and no real use for them outside of getting to point A to B.

Driving skill would’ve been cool, but it’s more of a REF thing, and the empty slot seems to be for a stat (which, like the other stats, potentially governs a couple of skills).

maybe Humanity?

from the demo you could see at Victor's that adding implants cost Humanity as well.

other that that I haven't sees any thing else that makes me think of a removed attribute

ohh now that I remember, someone else suggested it was an attribute tied to the tarot cards

Of the stats not used from the CP2020 book the only one that might fit is Empathy which governs how likeable you are and how much cyberware you can implant, more cyberware less empathy and when you get to 0 empathy you go cyberpsychotic.

The other 3 stats that are not used are Luck, Attractiveness, and Move Rate. None of which I think would mesh very well with the game, or at least I cannot come up with a way to use them in the game.

I highly doubt it is simply "cut content" as they went as far as to put a "glitch" effect over it to give it some mystique. I could have been cut and then put for a later DLC, that theory is more probable.

Dominating theories lead it to be connected to Johnny and/or the tarot cards or the progression cards in the character menu.

A couple things I did notice is that when you create a character, the final confirmation screen has a thumb print. If you double click that it glitches the menu and gives you a blurb about Johnny Silverhand.

Also the tarot card mission has Misty tell you that two of the cards are missing and then gives a blurb about what those missing cards mean and how they are connected to your choices in the future (scenarios for end of game). Normally after you finish it is forgotten about and simply just lore, but if you look in your tarot card menu, there are two slot still missing....Have yet to hear of anyone filling those in?

I want to think it is a "hidden" tree that is implemented in the game now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was DLC. Still, gives me something to do in game as I try to solve mysteries.

It's probably related to the cut "Finesse" skills.
Dual wielding, Wall/free running. The skills were probably mostly sorted into other trees but some of them were probably just dropped, run/walk speed. Jump height, and double jump replaced with cyber enhancements, dual wielding was straight removed, I could see a slow fall ability or at least a mega-man esque wall climb ability.
But yes it's probably Johnny's skill tree "Busking".

I highly doubt it is simply "cut content" as they went as far as to put a "glitch" effect over it to give it some mystique. I could have been cut and then put for a later DLC, that theory is more probable.

Dominating theories lead it to be connected to Johnny and/or the tarot cards or the progression cards in the character menu.

A couple things I did notice is that when you create a character, the final confirmation screen has a thumb print. If you double click that it glitches the menu and gives you a blurb about Johnny Silverhand.

Also the tarot card mission has Misty tell you that two of the cards are missing and then gives a blurb about what those missing cards mean and how they are connected to your choices in the future (scenarios for end of game). Normally after you finish it is forgotten about and simply just lore, but if you look in your tarot card menu, there are two slot still missing....Have yet to hear of anyone filling those in?

I want to think it is a "hidden" tree that is implemented in the game now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was DLC. Still, gives me something to do in game as I try to solve mysteries.

Yeah the fact it appears in ACT 2 is suspicious. And the thumbnail at character creation you mentioned. Maybe it was all part of the fact originally way-back-when you were supposed to have at least three "mentors" and to guide your path through CP77. Johnny (rockerboi), Blackhand (solo/merc) and Arasaka (corpo). Who knows. It would also be a nice stat for your humanity vs cyberware affinity like if you are close to becoming a cyberpsycho or not.

Top Bottom