Removed Omelette Quest for Yennefer restored!

+
I think I saw in Polish forum secion topic about what they remove vs what you can find in internet after few month earlier leak, they find there a list of items like bad omlet, good omlet etc etc (don't know if it was first time anybody discuss about that on this forum)

There are 4 different foods you can make;

"Rather Unappetizing meal": Bunch of stuff without eggs.
"Scrambled Eggs": Eggs
"Omelet for Yennefer": Eggs, Onions, Peppers and Mushrooms
"Omelet à la Geralt of Rivia": Unsure about this one, but looking in the files it seems it needs; Eggs, Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms, and 16+ random edibles.

Some wild theory:
-I think the scene is well made and should be in game (beside @Scholdarr.452 negative thinking and somehow i agree with this..).
-So we only discover that scene after patch 1.07, and GingerEffect mention "when they have more info about the fix for romances, they will announce it". Wonder if CDPR add that scene in 1.07 for tesing purpose and will officially release it inside the romances's fix :devil:

Sorry, but I haven't been following the romance/Triss vs Yenn thread (it's no my area of expertise, I would prefer that the devs would fix or add some new content in the politics) so, please, can anyone inform about what the devs have said about this issue?

Sorry, but I haven't been following the romance/Triss vs Yenn thread (it's no my area of expertise, I would prefer that the devs would fix or add some new content in the politics) so, please, can anyone inform about what the devs have said about this issue?

About relationship:
-Dev said they gonna add some tweak for Triss romance
-Around 1 (or 2 ??) month later, dev said when they have more information about romances fix, they will announce it
-No information about Yen-Ciri-Triss mother-daughter-sister relationship

About relationship:
-Around 1 (or 2 ??) month later, dev said when they have more information about romances fix, they will announce it

And only a few comments about politics posted two months ago...Ok, thanks for the info!! :)

The concept of the scene is fine, but it's totally out of place in the middle of the Uma quest. If they ever put it back, I'd prefer it to be in a different scene.

Where else do you think Yen would have been stood up for hours, hungry, unable to move or use her hands to feed herself with? It's the only conceivable place in the story it could possibly fit. It should come right before she asks Geralt to talk to her to keep her awake.

About relationship:

There is no sister relationship. Ciri never thinks of Triss as a sister. In fact, after BoE she never thinks of her ever again with an exception of two visions.

How about they patch it in when romancing Yennefer, but still make it optional?

That way the ones who don't mind the change in tone get to enjoy it.

And the ones who do, have Vesemir do the cooking.

There would have to be some altered dialogue though, since I'm assuming Vesemir cooking is similar in tone to Yen not asking for Geralt to do the cleaning of her clothes when not romanced.

So to preserve the feeling, when asked to make something to eat, Geralt says something like:

"Yen, I won't leave your side while you are like this, not even for a second"

Then he addresses Vesemir. "Old man, could you take care of this, please? I can't-"

"Say no more I got this"

And off he goes to the kitchen.

G&Y lock stares and she smiles tenderly, relief and gratitude in her eyes.

After that it defaults to the neutral option.

The topic is omelettes...

I like mine with Jalapeños.

5 large eggs
1 fresh medium jalapeño pepper - cored and minced
1/3 cup green peppers - diced
1/3 cup red peppers - diced
1/3 cup onion - diced
1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese - grated
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1 teaspoon cilantro - finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 or 2 Tablespoon butter - for frying

Have Lambert, Eskell and Vesemir wearing Sombreros, performing a Mariachi number in the background as Geralt feeds Yen and we're rocking. You know, just in case the devs want ideas on how to reintroduce the scene

:drunk:

Guest 3842753

I loaded a save file and enabled the omelette scene. It fit in pretty well within the mood and flow of the quest (Disturbance, Ugly Baby, or whatever it's called) which begins with talking to Ida over the megascope and ends 15 min later with Geralt leaving to get Ciri.

Devs should definitely reinstate it.

BTW, how awesome is CDPR for doing a 15min cutscene in the first place? So much good stuff in it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the game looks like a buried chest full of treasures.

Maybe they already have all that extra content for Triss, for Yennefer, for eveyone and just playing with us like: "find it and we'll make it official".

As opossition I can imagine the scene where Geralt takes care of Triss if she was tortured by witchhunters. It looks really stupid that she restores her hand in a moment.
Geralt has the perfect time to spoon-feed Triss and help her with wounds.

Sad it was disabled..No reason for it...

Maybe they already have all that extra content for Triss, for Yennefer, for eveyone and just playing with us like: "find it and we'll make it official".

Sounds interesting, but that would be bad .
It can take Months to find everything , and then start hoping for "reenabling".

My opinion, if there are more disabled scenes, they should everything reenable...It was once in the game, not without a reason ....

And fans would be happy about it. Even when its maybe negative ...

I'm waiting for the scene when Yen destroys a complete forrest... ^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom