repairing boats

+
repairing boats

i know it might be a silly questions, but can boats be repaired or created if i have used all the boats from a particular area?
just asking..

As far as I'm aware - no. And the only place boats respawn is in harbors, which really annoys me. You'd think they'd set it so boats respawn in their original location after you hadn't used it for one in-game day or something. But nope! If a boat you're riding sinks, or even if you park it on the bank, it stays there for the rest of the game!

Maybe they left it this way because "immersion." But honestly, if Geralt stole boats as often as he does in-game after a while villages would start to notice and put warning notices out. "BEWARE HIRING WITCHER GERALT OF RIVIA - DEVIANT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO STEAL BOATS ON TOP OF HIS PAY."

Ha ha!

I lost my boat when attacked by some sirens, and swam all the way to the western side of Undvik. I was determined to get the master armorer tools.
Took me a while I admit. :sleepy:

One of my boats sank when it struck a shallow stony shelf. How's that for realism? Of course, another boat got stuck inside an island, and another got stuck on one of those abandoned ships, far out in the water, but, still. . . .

Just a little tip since some ppl aren't aware of but you can fire your crossbow while sailing the boat this helps taking damage from sirens

another thing i hated is whenever i get attacked while enjoying my scenic Skellige boat ride I have no option but to swing my sword like a maniac at those pesky sirens before i stumbled backwards into the water.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

:rage:

Last edited:
has anyone ever had to swim for miles because they underestimated the damage those filthy sirens could inflict? WORST DAY EVER! :realmad:

Oh yeah, and I was overloaded, so I had to swim for extra miles to avoid sirens and coastal beasties...

has anyone ever had to swim for miles because they underestimated the damage those filthy sirens could inflict? WORST DAY EVER!

Yep, and i hated it....I was really pissed...had to swim a few minutes.....
Repairing them could be impossible in the middle of the sea...but why not allowing us to purchase a better boat ?

purchasing upgrade, and every boat you drive have 100% more HP..for example.

Last edited:
"BEWARE HIRING WITCHER GERALT OF RIVIA - DEVIANT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO STEAL BOATS ON TOP OF HIS PAY."

^^ spit my drink.

One of the many under-rated improvements from one of the patches (I want to say 1.06) was when they added 'reverse' to boats. Before that, and before I learned to sail.... whenever I had to sail somewhere, once I arrived I would literally crash land all boats into the docks, yelling 'LAND HO!", and "WATCH OUT!". Adding the ability to 'back in' was a godsend. (and yes, I questioned how the eff does reverse work for a sailboat, but then I remembered.. AARD! Geralt = Dumbledore)

But as far as damage goes, I would purposely sink a boat if it had any damage. It pissed me off. Especially when I took a week to loot every smugglers'-cache (I do not use fast travel). My Kaer Trolde harbor is filled with sunken sailboats, and nobody has said anything to me about it yet. But they do respawn, damage-free, after a couple days. So that system worked.

Just remember, that Witchers are not real sailors. They are cheaters.

Before that, and before I learned to sail.... whenever I had to sail somewhere, once I arrived I would literally crash land all boats into the docks, yelling 'LAND HO!", and "WATCH OUT!".

Ha. That one was easy. I always parked a hundred metres out from the shoreline and swam the rest of the way.

(I also dealt with sirens by muttering "Oh, fuck" the minute I saw them and diving into the water so that I could one-shot them. I NEVER lost a boat in this game)

Fast travel to the nearest harbour when your boat gets damaged and its destruction is imminent.
I know, but that's annoying too, because i have to sail again with the boat to my direction ^^
And this can take a while also.

Guys... just find the nearest little island... and meditate for one day... boats will repair themselves over time.. faster to meditate.... saved me a lot of time when Smugglercaching. :) meditation is not only good for healing.. it's good for resetting enemy count for fast leveling... it is also good for repairing boats in the wilderness. - this girl says "hello, you're welcome!" Ever as relevant now that the netflix show seen a rise in players! // Pixi

I never knew boats would repair themselves. I just tend to leave damaged boats in harbours that have at least one other boat, and then take the undamaged boat when leaving the island. :ROFLMAO:

I've also wondered what would happen in Geralt managed to sink every single boat in Skellige. Getting around might get... just a teeny bit difficult when refusing to use fast travel.

(I, too, did once swim for like fifteen minutes when my boat sank miles from the nearest coast -- yes, those pesky sirens caused it -- and I was determined to reach Undvik even though returning to Ard Skellig to get a new boat would have been significantly quicker.)

((A very old thread, but I just had to RED Point a few posts regardless. :D ))

Top Bottom