Replace witcher steel sword

+
Replace witcher steel sword

Hey there!What I'd like to do as the topic states is to replace the witcher steel sword model with the one Berengar uses, because frankly to me the handguard, grip and uhh pommel? look like steel-cast, gnawed off bones. How would I go about this the easiest way? Replacing the sword model in override or is there a 2da that controls this? If the former could somebody tell me the file name of the Berengar sword model (model and texture)?Thanks in advance!

I'd also like to do this as well. It seems everyone in Vizima has a witcher steel sword. I'd rather the unique (and better) look of Berengars sword.

Doesn't look like anyone feels inclined to help with this matter, huh? Uh well self is the man they say.

I believe I came across some files that handled this. Needs a recheck though. I'll seek it out for you tomorrow.

i can do it but i dont remember berengar's sword. can you upload screenshot on forum?btw, only witcher has the witcher sword, others use temerian swords which have the same item model. i find the basic witcher sword model, one of the best in the game. its long and brutal and suits geralt better then f.e. elven swords.

flashintheflesh said:
i can do it but i dont remember berengar's sword. can you upload screenshot on forum?btw, only witcher has the witcher sword, others use temerian swords which have the same item model. i find the basic witcher sword model, one of the best in the game. its long and brutal and suits geralt better then f.e. elven swords.
Thats what I am talking about
The same item model is exactly the point, I don't care about its stats. I expressed how I feel about this model in the opening post. If you wanna help me than thank you!

Oddest thing is, I can't seem to find a reference to Berengars sword in the files.To me, it looks like a scaled Steel Sword o0, but weaponscale is 1 in Berengars profile.

I am not sure I do understand what you try to get at. It is definitely not the same sword Geralt and everybody else is using. You see this sword as well in the cutscene the elves ambush King Foltest. Astonishingly everybody carries one of these in this scene. Uh yeah right and it is definetely on display in the Old Forge, the werewolves lair.On another note, I would be perfectly fine to put the model of the shown sword into my override folder and rename it so it overrides the standard steel sword. I don't really care if everybody else is wielding this sword than as well. If you could just tell me the models filename and the corresponding textures I would be fine. Having Geralt use this sword uniquely would be the icing on the cake but for my part its not really necessary.

Flashblade said:
If you could just tell me the models filename and the corresponding textures I would be fine.
That's the problem, there is no mention of Berengars sword in the files (eg. the 2DA's and such) to be found. :wall:

here's your sword. berengar's sword model replace standard witcher sword. unfortunately info about sword (stats, model, appearance) is stored in savegame so you need to get another witcher sword. no problem since you'll probably forge couple of meteorite swords. all meteorite swords and basic witcher sword will look like berengar's since now.to use this mod unpack the archive into /data/override folder. if override folder doesnt exist, create it manually.i can do this mod working on all swords you choose.later i might do it working globally for existing swords in savegame not only for new ones but for this i'd need 3ds max program which i dont have atm.enjoy.and thanks, i like this model too. i'll use it in my game :)edit: i'll use your screenshot to post this mod in Polish forum section. i hope you dont mind, if you do i'll remove it.

This is a great sword. Thanks for making the mod available.I do have a question/request though. About a hand and half up the blade is a part of the model that doesn't appear to belong. I'm guessing it somehow got mapped by accident. Any chance someone with 3dsMax9 could adjust this? I would take a shot at doing it myself, however I have v.7.Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom