Replacement sculpture broken again

+
Has anyone in the US, specifically the east coast, received their replacement yet?

MM360 mentioned on 8/24 that the US replacements were being shipped out, then we had the hurricane which knocked things back a few days, and then it was labor day, but now it has been over 2 weeks. There is no means of shipping within the continental US that I know of that takes 2 weeks. Even West Coast to East Coast USPS shipping takes 1 week (and I doubt CDPR is sending their container of statues over the Pacific to CA, if anything it will arrive on the East Coast first over the Atlantic).

If there is a hold up, I can understand, logistics are always an issue, but can someone provide an update?

If CDPR, or whoever was in charge of shipping, didn't put my phone number on the label, I'll probably never see that package. I live so far out in the boonies that I have to arrange a meeting with the driver of the delivery truck whenever he's got a package for me, and that means the number has to be on the label. Of course, it would be a lot easier to keep track of the package of I'd been sent a TRACKING NUMBER.

So CE came out in May. It is now September. I'm trying to be patient, but this is starting to get kind of ridiculous. The worst part (judging from posts in this topic so far) is that when the US finally get their replacements (maybe in 2012? at this rate) it will probably arrive in over 9000 pieces due to poor packaging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog

/sigh

To answer a previous question from another poster, Yes, I got an email apologizing for the broken sculpture that I received, and was told a replacement would be sent with a small surprise. Basic, rough wording of the email there.

I then haven't heard anything since.

It is now the 9th of September. I still have not received my sculpture, and I can see clearly, that I am not alone in this.

This is beyond frustrating, considering I went through FIVE different collectors editions of The Witcher 2 through Amazon, each one more and more busted upon receiving it. One of the boxes, the sculpture left white chalk everywhere and was completely unrecognizable.

Eventually, I had to send them all back and kept the sculpture in the best condition...which...really isn't saying much. That one is mangled as well. *Grumbles*

I am beginning to doubt I will ever see the replacement, which is very disheartening. When CD Projeckt first stepped up with replacements, I was ecstatic.

But now? Now I'm just tired. Tired of waiting, tired of not receiving any word as to what is going on since the last update, and have just basically assumed that my replacement got sucked into the black hole of limbo along with everyone elses.

This is beyond frustrating. No one can tell us anything. No tracking numbers, no updates other then "We should receive it soon here in the US", which was 2 weeks ago....just....UGH.

*Sighs* Such a sad sad situation.

Possibly good news.

20 minutes ago I received an e-mail from FedEx saying a package from Mills River, North Carolina, from Arvato Digital Services is being sent to me. With a note about GameStop in there and it weights 3lbs/1.4kg.

I think this might be it. If its coming in from North Carolina, that would explain the additional delay (Hurricane hit there pretty hard). I should have it by mid-next week. Hopefully its the replacement bust and is in better shape than the original ;)

Yeah, I just received the same exact Fedex email. And it mentions Amazon.com which is where I ordered my CE from. This has to be it! :)

I can't get any information out of the tracking number other than the destination city and state. Since the email mentions Amazon.com, I don't know if the package is going to the address I asked CDPR to send the replacement to, or if they're sending the replacement to the address I had the original Collector's Edition sent to.

predcon said:
I can't get any information out of the tracking number other than the destination city and state. Since the email mentions Amazon.com, I don't know if the package is going to the address I asked CDPR to send the replacement to, or if they're sending the replacement to the address I had the original Collector's Edition sent to.

I actually told them to initially ship to one address and then realized I wasn't going to be at that address since I was moving. I then sent them another email with my updated address and received a reply back that everything would be updated. According to the fedex email I received today w/ the tracking info, it states the delivery city of my new updated address. So, it looks like everything went smoothly.

Thank goodness I checked this topic again today. Got that fedex notice also and was wtf'ing while checking all my online bank accounts for anything weird. Looks like what happened is that CDP / Atari sent the packages to Amazon (for amazon CE buyers) who is then forwarding it to their customers.

Took a while but looks like they DID come through with their replacement. Now to see how many pieces it will arrive in :p

Apparently, the delivery scheduled for today has been delayed until tomorrow because the put the package on the wrong truck. That's a good sign.

Just got mine via fedex. Despite some of the pictures we have seen of the replacements, mine came in a box with some extreme padding inside. Bust came out 99.9% perfect (slight chip on bottom of left side base...not noticeable unless you actually look). The medallion came out perfect. Here is a pic:

Just got mine today. And YES, it's broken again (the nose). And YES, it's worse than the original. How can you screw up like that TWICE??? What a waste of money and effort. Not so much ours, but CDProjekt's.

I got mine in New York today. Its in good shape. Looks like they painted it a bit differently this time around, a glossier white finish rather than the textured stone-ish look of the original.

I also got the medallion, which is pretty cool. I have to say though, I like the build and look of the key chain that came with the Polish Collector's edition better.

Thank you for coming through CDProjekt.

PS. Mine was packaged very well, with a thin bubble-wrap jacket that was enveloped in a 1/2" foam blanket.

For the second time in two days, my package was placed on the wrong truck due to what FedEx reps are telling me are "sorting errors". This is either because everyone at the station my package is being sent from can't read, or because the package was mislabeled.

666 said:
I got mine in New York today. Its in good shape. Looks like they painted it a bit differently this time around, a glossier white finish rather than the textured stone-ish look of the original.

I also got the medallion, which is pretty cool. I have to say though, I like the build and look of the key chain that came with the Polish Collector's edition better.

Thank you for coming through CDProjekt.

PS. Mine was packaged very well, with a thin bubble-wrap jacket that was enveloped in a 1/2" foam blanket.

Oh man seriously?! What part of New York?

Chromie92 said:
Oh man seriously?! What part of New York?

Eastern Long Island, since the packages came out of North Carolina, I figure the East Coast will get their replacements first.

666 said:
Eastern Long Island, since the packages came out of North Carolina, I figure the East Coast will get their replacements first.

Then you should have gotten them first. I'm confused as to why they all suddenly appeared in a shipping center in North Carolina. The Return Address says Atari, Fifth Avenue, New York, NY.

I found out why there'd been multiple "sorting" errors regarding my own delivery. According to the line manager of the sorting facility, some "new guys" were "confused" and "were thinking of a street with the same name in the next postal code over". I can understand once, but twice? And why would they be sorting packages by reading addresses like that? They're supposed to use the barcode scanners. They're not smart enough to sort packages on their own, as is evidenced by the multiple delays I experienced. *uggghhh* I jest frustratedly, of course, but some of these guys really are bone heads.

Speaking of bone heads, or rather the opposite of, the most likely damage to occur to my replacement bust did occur, that being the ponytail breaking off. It's really the only part that broke. I'm not familiar with the sort of chalky wanna-be porcelain material used to make it, so I'm not sure what sort of adhesive or epoxy I should use to repair it myself. Any suggestions?

Received my replacement sculpture today (I live in Minnesota) and it is absolutely flawless. No dents, chips, etc. and even the color is consistent all over. The medallion is very cool as well! :) All in all, I'm not happy that I had to wait 7-8+ weeks to get a replacement, but alas, it has been worth it in the end. Thank you, CDPR, for your follow-through and the extra gift. I can't wait to go back and play The Witcher 2 here as soon as I have some free time.

Recieved my own today, And I"m in Arizona, so they should be everywhere by now.

Sculpture is flawless, was packed tight with foam and not so much as dented. So nice work there.
Medallion on the other hand, was packaged seperately, as a spot of an undersight, and thus was crushed beneath the moderately heavy sculpture. It's made of fairly light and thin pewter, so snapped apart under the weight of the sculpture. A shame, as I was actually more interested in the medallion than the sculpture (More situations I'd use it, naturally)

Still, I'm a glass half full sort of chap, so I'm saying that a shattered medallion represents a fallen or disgraced Witcher. Stick that in your offical canon lore and smoke it.

Top Bottom