Replacing meshes in game with edited ones?

+
Replacing meshes in game with edited ones?

I'm trying to replace Triss's mesh so she will use blue texture for her eyes (I didn't want to change the xbm files, because then every green-eyed npc in the game will have blue eyes). I edited the relevant meshes in the asset browser, put them in CookedPC, but nothing changed in the game. I copied the relevant w2ent files as well - Triss gets erased from the game. I tried it with the unmodified w2ent files - she is erased as well. So how do you go about this - how do you make the game recognize and use modified meshes?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Just fyi you need to open/create a level, drag the relevant w2ent files in it, then you need to cook the mod, then unpack it with Gibbed Tools and put the unpacked w2ent files in the CookedPC folder.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Just fyi you need to open/create a level, drag the relevant w2ent files in it, then you need to cook the mod, then unpack it with Gibbed Tools and put the unpacked w2ent files in the CookedPC folder.
How do I drag the files? Do I need to copy and paste them from the data folder into the the correct level folder?

How do I drag the files? Do I need to copy and paste them from the data folder into the the correct level folder?
I think he refers to the process of cooking the files in Redkit. You can caopy paste them into the right folder and you can drag them then into the world you've created to cook the file.

Last edited:
And it's not going to replace only the textures for a given model in the settings or model parameters to assign a different texture to it?

Top Bottom