Replayability? [Spoilers]

+
Again, not true. There are three different ending based on life path.. they are just not locked from you... If you play as true CORPO, then you would not go Nomad way, and neither you would go with Rogue... you would be siding with Hanako and saving the corporation...

And outcomes are different - in Arasaka ending you either become an Engram with contract with Arasaka, that they will upload you into new body once such body is available, or you just die on earth slowly.. there is no choice to give your body to Johnny, which is only possible in other two endings... and the outcome that you die? EVERYBODY DIES... nobody can cheat the death (except for Saburo in Arasaka ending :D )

And your choices in the game make a huge impact on the world, and people around you... but to understand this, you need to try all endings... With Arasaka ending, you learn what Yorinobu actually planned with Arasaka.. so if you dont go that path, his plan succeeds.. isnt that a huge impact on the world itself???

Impact on people around you? If you dont help Panam, she ends up miserable in NC, scrapping eddies in some minor jobs.. If you give your body to Johnny, she will try to hunt him down.. you commit suicide? just watch how everybody around you is miserable from that decision...

Its like some people don't see the forest due to a tree...
No. The endings are not based on your life path. They are solely based on what side mission you play and your literal decision on how you want to play the final mission.

The endings themselves have nothing to do with your life path decision.

Have you even played the game?

To add further context. V has absolutely no reason to to put the life into arasaka hands, because arasaka already screwed over corpo-V at the very beginning.

SPOILERS IN THE POST!!!!!

Again, not true. There are three different ending based on life path.. they are just not locked from you... If you play as true CORPO, then you would not go Nomad way, and neither you would go with Rogue... you would be siding with Hanako and saving the corporation...

And outcomes are different - in Arasaka ending you either become an Engram with contract with Arasaka, that they will upload you into new body once such body is available, or you just die on earth slowly.. there is no choice to give your body to Johnny, which is only possible in other two endings... and the outcome that you die? EVERYBODY DIES... nobody can cheat the death (except for Saburo in Arasaka ending :D )

And your choices in the game make a huge impact on the world, and people around you... but to understand this, you need to try all endings... With Arasaka ending, you learn what Yorinobu actually planned with Arasaka.. so if you dont go that path, his plan succeeds.. isnt that a huge impact on the world itself???

Impact on people around you? If you dont help Panam, she ends up miserable in NC, scrapping eddies in some minor jobs.. If you give your body to Johnny, she will try to hunt him down.. you commit suicide? just watch how everybody around you is miserable from that decision...

Its like some people don't see the forest due to a tree...

The three endings do seem tailored to the three origins: Corpo=Arasaka ending, Nomad=Nomad ending, Streekid=Rogue ending. Each one gives the V of that origin what they desired: mattering to the company, a family, being on top. But there is nothing between the origin/ending to connect them or lead you to them.

No. The endj gs are not based on your life path. They are solely based on what side mission you play and your literal decision on how you want to play the final mission.

The endings themselves have nothing to do with your life path decision.

Have you even played the game?

Do you understand what life path is??? Its not what you was in the past, but suddenly are doing something different.... If you play as Corpo, your lifepath as corpo must contain decisions Corpo would do, otherwise you are no longer a corpo....If you go with nomads, you are becoming a nomad, that was a former corpo.... Game just dont lock you out of option becoming something else...

Do you understand what life path is??? Its not what you was in the past, but suddenly are doing something different.... If you play as Corpo, your lifepath as corpo must contain decisions Corpo would do, otherwise you are no longer a corpo....If you go with nomads, you are becoming a nomad, that was a former corpo....
Do you understand what character progression is?

I do, but you apparently dont... otherwise you would not complain about it...
I wonder, you really think you can change our minds, explain something to us, and we suddenly realize the truth and start loving the game's plot and endings?)

I reloaded my game constantly to try different dialogue options.
No matter what I picked I always ended up with the same result in the end.

It doesn't matter what I do or say in the game. Witcher 3 did way better than Cybertrash 2020.
Exactly my point. what they say might change but it doesnt effect the outcome. the outcome is always the same. The only time where what you say changes the outcome outside of a timed response, is when they give you the draw your weapon option.

Exactly my point. what they say might change but it doesnt effect the outcome. the outcome is always the same. The only time where what you say changes the outcome outside of a timed response, is when they give you the draw your weapon option.
The Pickup mission was definitely snatched from completely different game, i would like to play that game instead of CP77)

I would say almost no repeatability. Some people like to try other play throughs, but they are so linear it will be pretty lame.

I was thinking about this - Fallout 4 at least will continue to give you missions. Sure they are pretty lame and repetitive, but at least they continue indefiently. Once you finish everything in CP77 there are only random encounters with gangsters and really I don't count that as anything. I still enjoy it, but not for long.

Yesterday was the fist day I haven't played since release.. more to come until DLCs :(

Not true. There are dialogue options that make a difference in certain quests.. Like for example you can intimidate Woodman as Corpo, or you can back up Panam as Nomad.. but yeah, if you dont care about story, you dont play the way your character is build up, then you dont see difference..

I keep seeing this thrown around as an excuse.

Want the secret ending?

Go to Johnny's grave at the dump. When he asks what you'd write on his tombstone, pick "the guy who saved my life". Voila! Secret ending unlocked. It doesn't matter WHAT choices you've made toward whatever ending you've worked toward. Because THAT is the ONLY choice you need to make to unlock the ending. I can give you a similar example for every ending. Because your "choice" is just "illusion".

Do you understand what life path is??? Its not what you was in the past, but suddenly are doing something different.... If you play as Corpo, your lifepath as corpo must contain decisions Corpo would do, otherwise you are no longer a corpo....If you go with nomads, you are becoming a nomad, that was a former corpo.... Game just dont lock you out of option becoming something else...
This does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Your life path, in the context of this game, is literally just the summary of who you were and what you did up until the point where the game starts. Nothing more than that.

As a corpo, you got employed in a corporation and did some dirty work for them, climbed the ladder, and then eventually you got outplayed and fired. As a nomad, you were born in a pack and you grew up, and now your pack decided to join the Snake Nation, something you don't feel like being a part of, so now you're on your own and looking for a new start in Night City. As a street kid, you've grown up on the streets and a while back you went away to try your luck, but it didn't work out, so now you're back.

None of this has any real implication on what ending you're "supposed" to pick or even what ending it makes sense for your specific character to pick. Any combination can make perfect sense, all things depending.

As a fired corpo, you could either be adamant to prove them wrong and want to get back in whatever the cost, or you could be completely done with all things corpo and want nothing more to do with them, or you could be calculating and cynical and look for the greatest value proposition. As a nomad, you can regret leaving your pack and want back into one, or you can be absolutely fed up with the wastelands and on the lookout for a nice and comfy corpo gig.

The life paths are descriptions of what V did in his or her past, not what V will do in his or her future.

This does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Your life path, in the context of this game, is literally just the summary of who you were and what you did up until the point where the game starts. Nothing more than that.

As a corpo, you got employed in a corporation and did some dirty work for them, climbed the ladder, and then eventually you got outplayed and fired. As a nomad, you were born in a pack and you grew up, and now your pack decided to join the Snake Nation, something you don't feel like being a part of, so now you're on your own and looking for a new start in Night City. As a street kid, you've grown up on the streets and a while back you went away to try your luck, but it didn't work out, so now you're back.

None of this has any real implication on what ending you're "supposed" to pick or even what ending it makes sense for your specific character to pick. Any combination can make perfect sense, all things depending.

As a fired corpo, you could either be adamant to prove them wrong and want to get back in whatever the cost, or you could be completely done with all things corpo and want nothing more to do with them, or you could be calculating and cynical and look for the greatest value proposition. As a nomad, you can regret leaving your pack and want back into one, or you can be absolutely fed up with the wastelands and on the lookout for a nice and comfy corpo gig.

The life paths are descriptions of what V did in his or her past, not what V will do in his or her future.

If there was no 6 month montage but instead several hours of gameplay going over that period then the life path transition would have made more sense.

I played corpo and then from one cutscene to the next I was a street kid.
It was a confusing experience and the dialogue options that my character switched personalities from streetkid to corpo for one or two sentences was especially jarring.

How would you compare replayability of Cyberpunk to The Witcher games? Better? Same? Worse? And why.
Have only played The Witcher 3, but compared to that I would probably think that TW3 have more replayability, because you can explore and run into "random" quests which you didn't notice the first time, whereas in CP you are getting calls about where to go, or you get them in regards to gigs which are marked on your map etc.

So CP feels more like a "Go here, do that, then here" type of game where you get everything fed through a spoon. And once you have do a lot of gigs, they eventually start to just being background stuff you will occasionally do.

My impression comparing the two, is that you rarely discover anything in CP just by mistake, which to me is an important aspect in open world RPG games, like for instance in Fallout or Skyrim you can just wander around and it doesn't take a long time before you stumble into something interesting.

In CP you might find a cool back alley, but checking the map and there not being an icon, you know that there is nothing interesting in there and to me that is a huge mistake.

Players should only have access to icons which they have discovered, which ought to be known to all, like locations of Bars, landmarks etc.

Also dialog text should not be colored, it's a poor design and ruins the immersion and a lot of the RP experience.

that's why I think the story of V should end. There are too many outcomes. His/her future is left for your imagination... New expansion, completely new story for a new character. A lot of possibilities for true RPG, not bound by definite character.
So for all those players who spent countless hours progressing and upgrading V over the course of the game, you want this all wiped by introducing a new character??

Witcher 1 I played twice, the second time was because I picked it up after many years again, and choose different paths. Witcher 2 I played 3 times back to back, IMO, the best Witcher title. Witcher 3 once, and IMO the game closest to C77. The big difference for me is C77 offers so many more class choices, and different ways (from a play mechanic) to go through missions. To me at least this is very satisfying. I know my first character was a stealth-pistol-crit class. My second has been a katana-cold blood build and so far I have approached everything differently. Next I want to do a netrunner... I want to do a netrunner soooo bad, but the only downside of replayability is sloshing though the what is the equivalent of the first area in witcher 3 where you hunt a griffin. I just don't want to do that again. If you allow me to by-pass that, replayability would be higher than any other Witcher game minus 2.

So for all those players who spent countless hours progressing and upgrading V over the course of the game, you want this all wiped by introducing a new character??

It took me a long time to level up crafting, breach protocol and quickhacks to level 20, that's for sure. But it's not only that. I've grown too fond of V and want her story to continue. Besides, the ending was not really satisfying, at least not for me, so I'd like an expansion that improves her story :sad:

If they can come up with continuation that will take into account all endings I'm fine with V but what with people who decided to commit suicide, store personality in Mikoshi or gave the body to Johny?
Post automatically merged:

It took me a long time to level up crafting, breach protocol and quickhacks to level 20, that's for sure. But it's not only that. I've grown too fond of V and want her story to continue. Besides, the ending was not really satisfying, at least not for me, so I'd like an expansion that improves her story :sad:
Leveling to lvl 20 is paniful. After 100 hours playing almost exclusively with hacks and protocol breaches with some pistols I've not reached max level...

Last edited:
Leveling to lvl 20 is paniful. After 100 hours playing almost exclusively with hacks and protocol breaches with some pistols I've not reached max level...
Im not even sure that there is content enough in the game to max out any of them?

I spend 125 hours in my playthrough and think I got one of them to lvl 11 or 12 if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom