Replayability? [Spoilers]

+
Well... I have never played The Witcher 1. 2 & 3, yes. With that in mind, I'll give my thoughts.

2077 is a game which can be replayed over & over, one after another, if you like the game.

The Witcher games can be replayed similarly, but in my humble opinion, a playthrough of a game from The Witcher has... more of an emotional & psychological impact than that of a playthrough of 2077.

So, I think my point here is: 2077 can be replayed rinsed & repeated. The Witcher games can be played, reflected on, then after a substantial break, played again & enjoyed to the same degree if not more.

I like 2077. But for me, The Witcher 2 & 3 will undoubtedly be the better games when it comes to real replay value, opposed to replaying the game for (what feels like) the sake of it, i.e. a (marketing?) gimmick.

Icinix

Forum veteran
Tough one, the narrative structure is very different between the two.

There is a longer, much larger, more involved path through The Witcher 3 - but choices are much more binary. However it requires a larger investment overall.

Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot more smaller bite sized content and faster turn around to go through it with differnet ways to do thing and lots of new dialogue to uncover. So like eternal_streetkid said above, you don't need the 'downtime' like you do after the Witcher.

For ease of replay ability I'd lean towards Cyberpunk - BUT - for more satisfying replay ability (especially for the main story) The Witcher 3 wins.

Kadoa

Forum regular
Much worse than in Witcher. Mostly because of endings, in Cyberpunk all of them have basically the same outcome, while in The Witcher you had happy, neutral and bad ending. In addition Cyberpunk choices are completely non existent, not a single choice before no return point mattered(even these after no return point didnt matter much lmao) while in Witcher you had some possibilities like decide who will rule the world in the end by doing side quests. Right now, when we don't have any expansions that continue the game after endings, Cyberpunk 2077 have completely no replayability for me and many people I have seen in this forum.

It can easily be as replayable as a Bethesda game for me personally, as long as i can bypass all BD sequences. Currently on my third playthrough, and as my previous two, it would probably last 80 hours+. That's the same amount i spend for a typical Fallout 4/Fallout New Vegas/Skyrim/Morrowind playthrough per character.

Imo this game have quite good replayability ... not too short, not too long. Myself like this game and if they will update it (and lets hope it will happen), then this game will offer long-time fun everytime I will want return to Night City. There is quite much things and chars builds which I personally want try. And these vistas ... ridings out and in the city .. these alone are amazing.

Attachments

• NightCity_002.jpg
    NightCity_002.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 132
  • NightCity_001.jpg
    NightCity_001.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 143
Much worse than in Witcher. Mostly because of endings, in Cyberpunk all of them have basically the same outcome, while in The Witcher you had happy, neutral and bad ending. In addition Cyberpunk choices are completely non existent, not a single choice before no return point mattered(even these after no return point didnt matter much lmao) while in Witcher you had some possibilities like decide who will rule the world in the end by doing side quests. Right now, when we don't have any expansions that continue the game after endings, Cyberpunk 2077 have completely no replayability for me and many people I have seen in this forum.
True. In Witcher 3 one choice made in the middle of the game can completely change the ending. In Cyberpunk only last mission matters, as long you did all the subquests (doesn't even matter how you did them).

Kadoa

Forum regular
True. In Witcher 3 one choice made in the middle of the game can completely change the ending. In Cyberpunk only last mission matters, as long you did all the subquests (doesn't even matter how you did them).
Yeah but if we talking about that cyberpunk last mission then
choices here still aren't important since in every possible ending we are dead after 6 month and everyone that is close to us will witness that. Only post game expansion that continues the game after endings and let us find cure can fix that

Yeah but if we talking about that cyberpunk last mission then
choices here still aren't important since in every possible ending we are dead after 6 month and everyone that is close to us will witness that. Only post game expansion that continues the game after endings and let us find cure can fix that
I have a big problem with the endings, cause if DLC's will be post-game then probably one of them will be considered as a "canon" one. Which one ? What if it will be the one i didn't choose ? That will made my final choice meaningless.

I have a big problem with the endings, cause if DLC's will be post-game then probably one of them will be considered as a "canon" one. Which one ? What if it will be the one i didn't choose ? That will made my final choice meaningless.
that's why I think the story of V should end. There are too many outcomes. His/her future is left for your imagination... New expansion, completely new story for a new character. A lot of possibilities for true RPG, not bound by definite character.

Kadoa

Forum regular
There are some possibilities, they could make one of them canon, or they could do retcon. Or what would be even better, in continuation DLC they could make them new "origins/lifepaths" which would eventually lead to one common path, the only question here is if they are willing to do something ambitious to satisfy players.

that's why I think the story of V should end. There are too many outcomes. His/her future is left for your imagination... New expansion, completely new story for a new character. A lot of possibilities for true RPG, not bound by definite character.
Completely new character for expansion ?
Hmm, Judymancers and Panamancers will be not happy at all. Me too to be honest.
Expansion can be large, but not large enough to introduce new character and to give me long enough story and time to make me care about my new character.
Post automatically merged:

Witcher 3 replayability is right now superior to Cyberpunk

- Newgame+
- Way longer playthrough
- Mods which can change overall gameplay (my biggest modpack was similar to clean client size)
Agree. My current playthrough 35 mods :)

Completely new character for expansion ?
Hmm, Judymancers and Panamancers will be not happy at all. Me too to be honest.
Expansion can be large, but not large enough to introduce new character and to give me long enough story and time to make me care about my new character.
Post automatically merged:

Agree. My current playthrough 35 mods :)
There is no way to satisfy all people because:
"some went with Rouge, some with Panam, some committed suicide and others left the body for Johny and went with Alt beyond black wall"
. There is no freaking way to make it work for all players' choices in future DLCs and that's why I think new char with more open story, who can work with gangs, max-tac, corps etc.

Kadoa

Forum regular
Making expansion with completely new character isn't a good idea, when the story of base character ended up opened and not satisfying. They would need to somehow attract us to new story with new characters when the story from base game isn't even closed. Most of endings are ended on cliffhangers. The game itself failed in it's own assumptions, it was all about saving yourself (Mike Pondsmith words), so as long as we will not be able to do it, then spin offs are just no. We've already lot of characters that we are attached too, they can easily build on that, expand their arcs and relationships with V. What's the point of leaving them right now and creating new ones, that will also be forgotten after 10 hours of gameplay.

There is no way to satisfy all people because:
"some went with Rouge, some with Panam, some committed suicide and others left the body for Johny and went with Alt beyond black wall"
. There is no freaking way to make it work for all players' choices in future DLCs and that's why I think new char with more open story, who can work with gangs, max-tac, corps etc.
As I mentioned before, they could just make the endings work as a new lifepaths/origins or they could just retcon the ending. Yeah it would require some work but since most players are just not satisfied with endings or the game itself I don't think spin off or mid game dlc would sell good. At least from what I've seen on this forum it definitely wouldn't.

TBH, replaybility for this game are not that much compared with other RPG game. Not sure Cyberpunk 2077 can be considered as fully RPG. I've spent about 200hrs because I love sci-fi and Cyberpunk world, if this game used different theme, maybe I will stop after first playthrough. Not to mention there is nothing much to do after you completed all the quest in it.

It's really up to you, if you enjoyed the conversations and the story -> hell yes
wanna try a new build? -> yes

If you want to simulate NG+, there's a trainer mod that lets you level your character how you want so you can start a new game at lvl 40 for example. Only problem is that you can't buy everything in Act 1. This is what I'm doing at the moment, I didn't do much hacking in my first playthrough so I made myself a max intelligence guy now, and it's different enough for me for it to be fun.

Depends on your gaming preferences.

There often are several ways to deal with a quest, so replaying with a very different character built could be a lot of fun (I‘m definitely planning on doing that once the PS5 upgrade is available). That aspect is more interesting compared to TW.

Storywise... I‘d say there are more choices to be made along the way, but the choices do not appear to have that much impact on the game world. In that regard IMO the Witcher series seems to be doing a better job.

Top Bottom