Replaying battles after forfeiting them?

+
Could anyone please answer a simple stupid question about Thronebreaker that I don't think deserves a thread?
Can you replay the fights in Thronebreaker after forfeit?
See, I hate autosave games with PASSION. And, what with all the cloud saves and whatnot - I would rather not risk even the simplest most stupid action, such as retreat, since I don't want to waste my game on the earliest stages, because I simply have no idea how this or that card works after Homecoming\in TB. I've won on a whim a couple of times, but this one fight I'm using alt-f4 more than I consider reasonable. And that's all good and fun, I am accustomed to S/L, in fact I prefer it, but I suppose that there will be hundreds more battles like this, so I'd rather spend time asking this stupid question here instead reloading the game, because that's the only intuitive and confirmed way to replay\quickload.

P.S.: And, perhaps, another one - any way to disable intros? I can't quite find the option in the menu, there are no files to delete in the game folder and no particular reason to watch that stuff over and over on every game launch, besides that first launch when the game forces your IP language upon you and that's not the language you want to play on.
Should be obvious how this P.S. is relevant to the primary question.

Last edited:
Moved your post to a new thread.

Forfeiting a battle gives you the option to restart or reload the latest checkpoint. Doing the latter allows you to replay the battle; I've done it multiple times. There's usually a checkpoint/autosave point right before battles.
I think there's also a third option in the forfeit screen, which might be the one are asking about...

As for intros, there's a "Skip" prompt in the lower right corner of the screen. RMB for mouse and keyboard, B for Xbox controller; press and hold.

Uh, yes, I know about the RMB\esc skip, but what about "completely disabling" these videos? Because I first have to hold a button TWICE and THEN see an extra loading screen BEFORE the main menu. Not a lot of games go that far to bloat out the every-day game launching experience, and I certainly wouldn't expect it from CDPR. Maybe it's day-one issues, and I'm just too rude in my. ahem, feedback, but normally either games have menu options to disable intros, or it's done externally\forcefully.
Can it be patched some time down the line? Then again, if I'm alone for some reason with this peeve, of course I'll manage. Liking the game so far anyway, and it's nice to know that I don't have to alt-f4 every so often.

Also it would be nice to have a manual save option. I thought that, with autosave and all, the "Save and Exit to Menu" button would just save the loot progress and restart you at the last checkpoint. But it saves you where you stand. So why force-bind it to a menu exit?
For example, if I see an obvious fight that might be more than I can handle - the only option I have is to load the last checkpoint. And that checkpoint may have been before I've looted something on the way, so I have to go all the way again.
And my only option is to Save and Exit to the Menu to lock the checkpoint right before the fight. If.. that even does so, because the only fight I've tried it on was successful and I didn't have to reload.

Top Bottom